Dear Seattleite

Arctic55

First off, thank you for taking your personal free time to develop Duel Portal, both with Silverlight and now Unity.  My highest respect too you.

Second, I noticed several people are a little impatient.  So, here is an idea I had.  Maybe just put up the new Unity version and scrap the silverlight card database entirely.  Before the Silverlight version went down, there was a sea of cards that nobody used anymore, because the players left, or they were done with the deck.  I myself deleted hundreds of my own cards I wasn't using anymore.  Transferring the cards seems like you have to do it manually, so why not just have people just put the cards up that they need, no point in transferring hundreds, and I mean hundreds, of cards that nobody is using anymore.

I thought maybe this idea would save you time and work and also allow impatient people to use DP sooner.

...You know this idea actually seems pretty plausible.

If the new Unity version is as upload-friendly as the old Silverlight version, people will just add the cards that need to be added as time moves on, and if someone gets it wrong, it won't be any hassle to fix the card in question. Plus, it'd save Seattleite a ton of time, I bet.

I second this completely.

I mean, we should have back ups of our decks. However, some people (like me) already uploaded thousands of cards, and probably aren't willing to re-upload all of them.

But are you really going to still use ALL of them?  Probably not.  Would you be willing to just re-upload them one deck at a time as you need/want them.

I'm willing to cast my vote in on this, too.  This'll also cut down on all the bullcrap BS OP "why does this exist" cards people would hop on to make, and then leave and never come back again to use, which'll be pretty nice to not have to sort through all of that clutter.  So yeah, I'm all for it.

For me, I actually have a lot of cards on the server that I legitimately would keep. Before the update, I actually went to look up cards that legitimately were missing from my laptop's backup, including the current version of the archetype of which my namesake is based off of, (Keep in mind I only recently returned after a long hiatus) and I am having my hopes for Sea to keep it up so I can have those cards. I get what you are saying and it is fully reasonable, but you must also consider the other options and perhaps be a little patient for everyone else's sake. You can't account for EVERY player on here as much as I would love to presume so

Archived