Pokemon Gold and Silver coming to VC

~British Soul~

I don't have a burning hate love for Gen 2 like I do Gen 1, so I'm not as excited as I was for that, but getting rereleases for these should be cool. Certainly looking forward to getting to play through the original again. Need to figure out if I want to use Typhlosion for a 3rd time or finally switch to something else. Probably should switch since I don't even like Ty all that much.

I do find it curious though that we aren't getting Crystal. Maybe having the strictly better version on sale at the same time would hurt the other 2? Wonder if this was the case for R/B/G.

​I'll probs use Totodile again, at least I don't have to breed Ice Punch onto it as it's a TM in gen 2. 

I do find it curious though that we aren't getting Crystal. Maybe having the strictly better version on sale at the same time would hurt the other 2? Wonder if this was the case for R/B/G.

Japan had RBG and Y whilst we had RBY

​Japan had RBG and Y whilst we had RBY

Yea, I know. I was curious if having the 3 (4 for Japan) different versions for what is basically the same game ate into each other. In a vacuum the correct one to buy is pretty much just Yellow. It is the most complete of the Gen 1 games.

Also, thing to be excited about, this makes getting HAs on the Gen 2 mon SUPER easy.

Yea, I know. I was curious if having the 3 (4 for Japan) different versions for what is basically the same game ate into each other. In a vacuum the correct one to buy is pretty much just Yellow. It is the most complete of the Gen 1 games.

To be fair I only bought Yellow when Gen 1 came onto vc. Not having crystal this time round is a bit weird, but not the end of the world really.

To be fair I only bought Yellow when Gen 1 came onto vc. Not having crystal this time round is a bit weird, but not the end of the world really.

Yea, I feel like that would be the common line most people took. Given the choice between the 3, pretty sure Crystal would be bought by 90% of people.

One thing I'm curious about is whether there are movesets that were only available in Gen 2.

Yea, I feel like that would be the common line most people took. Given the choice between the 3, pretty sure Crystal would be bought by 90% of people.

I'm also sure the majority would've gotten Crystal as well with the extra story elements. (Though I probs would've gotten Silver anyway 'cuz I was planning on using Mareep again, which you can't in Crystal)

I can only imagine how people will abuse the Time Capsule, trading pokemon like Kabutops with Hydro Pump or an Alakazam with the elemental punches from back then.

I'm glad, but they forgot Crystal.

Anyway, I picked Totodile before and I will do so again, for Silver, Cyndaquil for Gold.

Just don't smash your 3ds's to pieces when you come across Whitney.

I can only imagine how people will abuse the Time Capsule, trading pokemon like Kabutops with Hydro Pump or an Alakazam with the elemental punches from back then.

I don't think many people will abuse it at all tbph with Bank existing.

Just don't smash your 3ds's to pieces when you come across Whitney.

I'm sure most of us know how to deal with her by now. I never had any issues with her personally.

Doesn't really matter tbph, a Gyarados is a Gyarados and I'm only using it as a HM slave anyway.

Take my advice, use a regular Gyarados for an HM slave, Surf, Strength, Whirlpool and Waterfall. Have the red Gyarados be your battler.

My team for Silver shall be Feraligatr, Kadabra with Fire, Ice and Thunderpunch and let's not forget Psychic, Hitmonlee, Haunter, Entei and Victreebel.

I can't trade over for Alakazam and Gengar.

Take my advice, use a regular Gyarados for an HM slave, Surf, Strength, Whirlpool and Waterfall. Have the red Gyarados be your battler.

I'm not gonna be using Gyarados as a battler though, so I could either use the red one as the slave or let it rot in the pc if I get a normal one.

...or easier option, use a Poliwag as the slave

I'm not gonna be using Gyarados as a battler though, so I could either use the red one as the slave or let it rot in the pc if I get a normal one.

...or easier option, use a Poliwag as the slave

I would add a Red Gyarados to my team, if I choose Cyndaquil.

Also, if this is any indication, maybe RSE will come to vc as well.

Archived