[MtG] [HOU] Hour of Devastation Spoilers - Week 2

hourofeternity.jpg

I'll take a slightly tougher Entreat The Angels

hazoretsundyingfury.jpg

Much more expensive than the other self-exerts, but getting possibly 4 cards for free seems pretty decent

EDIT:

kefnetslastword.jpg

This showed up and looks interesting

Hazoret not dying confirmed. I like it.

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It's "Vizier of the Anointed," fwiw. And seems like a very solid buildaround for draft... been saying that a lot lately.

Ugh, I'm disappointed in Hazoret's rare. You're basically paying 12 mana to cast it (six for real, plus not untapping six lands) and it's more likely than not that you'll whiff and get nothing. Wishing they'd just printed an undercosted burn spell, even though I know that wouldn't happen.

Kefnet's is... okay. It's a more permanent Control Magic that hits more things, but the untap clause sucks especially hard for blue decks. Don't see this being played while Confiscation Coup is still around.

The good thing about Entreat the Angels was its miracle cost - it'd be unplayable without. This lacks miracle, therefore the XX cost makes it suck.

pBnFkXt.jpg5jEieam.png

[spoiler=Big images. Like, massive.]sSxgp93.jpg1MaJPD7.jpgstZkA1L.jpgtH0nMOX.jpg

I'm not at all shocked what Hour or Eternity does. Though I find it strange we have THREE cards that eternalize anything.

DOG MOM LIVES!!!! I hope she somehow can revive the other 4 (7) gods somehow when we return. You can VERY clearly see the seeds they are planting for a return trip. Now if only this was good....

Control magic that can't be undone is VERY powerful. Not good enough for normal constructed most likely but should have a home in EDH.

Karpov now rides in on a horse. The card is seriously insane in that deck. Past that hello plant for return trip.

Entity seems fine in the UR spell archetype.

The afflict uncommons all look really strong. Feel super bad for that woman though.

That horse card? is this real life? wtf wizards.

Legacy W/G horses using it, Timbermare, Tarpan, Bronze Horse, Akroan Horse, Armored Warhorse, Urza's Incubator, Metallic Mimic and Chrome Steed.

Oh my god I have to build this.

Edit: WAIT ITS A MYTHIC WAT

Legacy W/G horses using it, Timbermare, Tarpan, Bronze Horse, Akroan Horse, Armored Warhorse, Urza's Incubator, Metallic Mimic and Chrome Steed.

Oh my god I have to build this.

Edit: WAIT ITS A MYTHIC WAT

Akroan Horse doesn't really work with this horse.

It makes sense at mythic. At rare it can be insane. As I said earlier Aether Revolt had 12 mythics so we are likely to have 12 here. This means we have one more coming.

I'm very confused. I don't remember any horses on Amonkhet before now.

They did not. This is likely a foreshadow for what we can expect if/when we return.

It is looking increasingly likely that my predictions that Amonkhet will be utterly destroyed is almost definitely wrong, especially now that we know what Bolas' plan seemed to be - rather than destroying everything, merely creating a self-sufficient Eternal "factory" via the trials. While the main city is being damaged and destroyed, some cards are clearly indicating that citizens will rebuild their society and world from the ashes that remain.

And I do find it interesting that Hazoret's is the only one that doesn't say "Last", but rather "Undying". So yeah, she'll probably survive, and this makes the most sense. She's always been the most proactive of all the gods, and she's the one who was tasked with "glory-killing" the trial champions. Having her survive and help rebuild the world as it once was, before Bolas' interfering, seems like the best outcome.

...random trivia - I have a soft spot for Hazoret. I had gone to the Amonkhet Pre-Release months ago, and had pulled Hazoret from one of the packs.

Hmm...so let's see...

Hour of Revelation is White.

Hour of Glory is Black

Hour of Promise is Green

Hour of Eternity is Blue

Double checked the flavor text from Amonkhet cards quickly. There are only 4 Hours, according to the Accounting of Hours (Revelation, Glory, Promise, Eternity) (written in flavor text of "Throne of the God-Pharaoh).

And I'm sure everyone expects one called "Hour of Devastation", because...there are only 4 Hours according to the Accounting of Hours, and the set is called Hour of Devastation.

So Hour of Devastation is probably Red.

It is looking increasingly likely that my predictions that Amonkhet will be utterly destroyed is almost definitely wrong, especially now that we know what Bolas' plan seemed to be - rather than destroying everything, merely creating a self-sufficient Eternal "factory" via the trials. While the main city is being damaged and destroyed, some cards are clearly indicating that citizens will rebuild their society and world from the ashes that remain.

And I do find it interesting that Hazoret's is the only one that doesn't say "Last", but rather "Undying". So yeah, she'll probably survive, and this makes the most sense. She's always been the most proactive of all the gods, and she's the one who was tasked with "glory-killing" the trial champions. Having her survive and help rebuild the world as it once was, before Bolas' interfering, seems like the best outcome.

...random trivia - I have a soft spot for Hazoret. I had gone to the Amonkhet Pre-Release months ago, and had pulled Hazoret from one of the packs.

Hmm...so let's see...

Hour of Revelation is White.

Hour of Glory is Black

Hour of Promise is Green

Hour of Eternity is Blue

Double checked the flavor text from Amonkhet cards quickly. There are only 4 Hours, according to the Accounting of Hours (Revelation, Glory, Promise, Eternity) (written in flavor text of "Throne of the God-Pharaoh).

And I'm sure everyone expects one called "Hour of Devastation", because...there are only 4 Hours according to the Accounting of Hours, and the set is called Hour of Devastation.

http://ew.com/gaming/2017/06/28/magic-gathering-hour-of-devastation-first-look/

This does a bit into how the Eternals work so we have a better idea now what exactly Bolas was looking to gain from them. Curious how he plans to use them on OTHER planes though. Guessing the lazotep will let them travel between planes.

I'd be shocked if the last story card isn't Hour of Devastation. Though its weird that what I imagine is Bolas' return to the plane is the last story spotlight card.

Better be more than just an Obliterate.

Note that the first part says "you own" instead of "you control" and can hit any permanent type.

This also plays well with Seismic Assault, and lets you scoop up any lategame cards you don't need anymore and turn them into draw.

I like it.

EDIT:

[spoiler=Last mythic. Another large image.]R7qzuFT.jpg

I don't like the Chimera. It is cute, but really lame as a mythic.

Yeah, I tend to agree. Even if you have a hexproof guy out, your opponent can still kill it pre-combat. Does have the potential to get explosive fast, though.

wLH8axp.png

And we have Yawgmoth's Agenda for cyclers now. This will definitely make Standard more fun...

Yeah, I tend to agree. Even if you have a hexproof guy out, your opponent can still kill it pre-combat. Does have the potential to get explosive fast, though.

wLH8axp.png

And we have Yawgmoth's Agenda for cyclers now. This will definitely make Standard more fun...

I guess the explosiveness is what got it to be mythic. Still pretty lame.

No idea how good this will be, but it looks sweet.

leave to chance is a pretty nice card. both modes are relevant in a lot of points in the game. Leave letting you bounce stuff you own instead of control is a pretty under looked feature.

Chimera is big dumb and boring. It's not even that great of a card. Pretty underwhelming for a green mythic.

sarcophagus is legit though. It's a nice value engine for any deck heavy on clear.

Anyway, we've gotten a bunch of other cards, but they are all commons and uncommons and not super interesting. Not gonna bother posting them.

Yeah, even I'm not going to bother this time. If you're really desperate, go look it up yourself.

I really like Hour of Devastation (the card), though. Not only is it a boardwipe, but it's one of the few ways to one-shot kill eternalized tokens. Five definitely is the magic number in HOU...

Anyways, we've one rare left. According to the number crunch, it's most likely black. Any bets on what it will be?

I really like Hour of Devastation (the card), though. Not only is it a boardwipe, but it's one of the few ways to one-shot kill eternalized tokens. Five definitely is the magic number in HOU...

Anyways, we've one rare left. According to the number crunch, it's most likely black. Any bets on what it will be?

It also makes total sense that Bolas can kill his own eternals.

Curious why you think its black. In terms of rare count, white, black, and green only have 5. I'm guessing white and green having the extra mythic would mean black having the 6th rare to make sense. Plus it makes an interesting dynamic with the Bolas theme since blue and red have 6. As for what I'd hope for, personally I'd like to see it have some zombie tribal aspect to it.

Not gonna lie, us have 4 mono-colored legendary creatures is kind of tilting.

It also makes total sense that Bolas can kill his own eternals.

Curious why you think its black. In terms of rare count, white, black, and green only have 5. I'm guessing white and green having the extra mythic would mean black having the 6th rare to make sense. Plus it makes an interesting dynamic with the Bolas theme since blue and red have 6. As for what I'd hope for, personally I'd like to see it have some zombie tribal aspect to it.

Not gonna lie, us have 4 mono-colored legendary creatures is kind of tilting.

Count again. ;)

White

1. Adorned Pouncer
  2. Angel of Condemnation
  3. Djeru, With Eyes Open
  4. Hour of Revelation
  5. Oketra's Last Mercy
  6. Solemnity

Blue

1. Champion of Wits
  2. Fraying Sanity
  3. Hour of Eternity
  4. Kefnet's Last Word
  5. Nimble Obstructionist
  6. Swarm Intelligence

Black

1. Ammit Eternal
  2. Bontu's Last Reckoning
  3. Dreamstealer
  4. Hour of Glory
  5. Torment of Hailfire
  6. ???

Red

1. Chaos Maw
  2. Earthshaker Khenra
  3. Hazoret's Undying Fury
  4. Hour of Devastation
  5. Imminent Doom
  6. Wildfire Eternal

Green

1. Hour of Promise
  2. Pride Sovereign
  3. Ramunap Excavator
  4. Ramunap Hydra
  5. Resilient Khenra
  6. Rhonas's Last Stand

But yeah, it's annoying that we're not getting a green legend. Would've liked to see Tuya (Hapatra's basilisk).

Count again. ;)

White

• Adorned Pouncer
  • Angel of Condemnation
  • Djeru, With Eyes Open
  • Hour of Revelation
  • Oketra's Last Mercy
  • Solemnity
Blue
  • Champion of Wits
  • Fraying Sanity
  • Hour of Eternity
  • Kefnet's Last Word
  • Nimble Obstructionist
  • Swarm Intelligence
Black
  • Ammit Eternal
  • Bontu's Last Reckoning
  • Dreamstealer
  • Hour of Glory
  • Torment of Hailfire
  • ???
Red
  • Chaos Maw
  • Earthshaker Khenra
  • Hazoret's Undying Fury
  • Hour of Devastation
  • Imminent Doom
  • Wildfire Eternal
Green
  • Hour of Promise
  • Pride Sovereign
  • Ramunap Excavator
  • Ramunap Hydra
  • Resilient Khenra
  • Rhonas's Last Stand
But yeah, it's annoying that we're not getting a green legend. Would've liked to see Tuya (Hapatra's basilisk).

I'm pretty sure when you look at the main Hour page on mythic spoiler it doesn't have the Khenra. I did just miss the Pouncer though.

O yea, I know the card got spoiled. I just default to mythic spoiler since they normally have everything. Weird that its missing.

Also, since we are talking about an eternalize card we actually had the tokens spoiled earlier today. Funny enough one of them had their card proper spoiled after the token.

Archived