[CC Event] ZPD Field Exam

Flash Flyer - Sakura

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I need to get these out of the way before the deadline comes and you're too late to fix things.

This is my perspective of "animal-themed monster card": Being an animal which effects resolve (partially and not only) around other animals, a.k.a. Beast/Beast Warrior/Winged Beast (and synergetic cards), even itself.

FhJ2sK8.jpg?1

LORE: While face-up on the field, this card is also EARTH-Attribute. When this card is Normal Summoned: You can declare a number from 1 to 4; this card's Level becomes the declared number. When this card is Tributed or destroyed and sent to your Graveyard: Special Summon 1 Level 1 monster from your Deck in face-up Attack Position, but its effects are negated, also banish it when it leaves the field. You can only activate this effect of "Loria Tibiarrot" once per turn. A Beast, Beast Warrior or Winged Beast Monster that used this card as a Material for its Fusion/Synchro/Xyz Summon cannot be tageted by card effects.

Some trivia: The original name is Lorius Tibialis, maybe an endangered species of parrots. If so, maybe the effect that can potentially replenish itself is meant to.... keep the species going?

To be quite honest, not seeing what Deck outside perhaps MAYBE Lyrilusc would want this card (outside for protecting Nightingale / Recite Starling). The card itself is fine on its own, but simply the lack of viable Decks of the Types this is supposed to be supporting. I do feel this could've just triggered on being sent from the field to the GY instead of requiring this to be destroyed. To my knowledge, there aren't too many Level 1 Beast/Beast-Warrior decks that can abuse this; although it is generic. 

10 + 11 + 10 = 30

77.5 marks

In your case, just fix the summoning effect.

I decided to change my card from the pig. I like this one more.

[spoiler=Jörmungandr, the Serpent of the End]46Rk95U.png

Jörmungandr, the Serpent of the End

Level 10

DARK Reptile / Effect

4000 / 4000

Cannot be Normal Summoned/Set. Must be Special Summoned (from your hand or GY) by Tributing 3 DARK monsters you control. Unaffected by card effects. Once per turn, during either player's turn, you can target 1 Level/Rank 8 or higher monster on the field: Place 1 Venomous Counter on that monster. A monster with a Venomous Counter is banished during the third End Phase after the Venomous Counter was placed on it.

Couldn't help but go into the Norse mythology. The main effect is based on the myth that its venom is destined to kill Thor as well as just the fact that many snakes have venom. Note that the "Aesir" monsters are all Level 10 monsters and can be targeted by this card's effect, including Thor.

You're lucky I didn't screenshot the original card, but I forgot what it does. 

Summon conditions are fine, though I have concerns about this being SS'able from the GY coupled with its blanket immunity (though it stops you from activating stuff on it as well). Then again, the counter effect would've been deadlier in the ARC-V era because you know, no Ranks/Link Rating (Number); that, and it is rather slow by current standards. It works, but only if the opponent still plays high Level/Rank stuff. We have Trains and all for still current decks, but by this point, a lot of them have either moved on to Links (which don't care, but have no business touching this card anyway) or have other protection. 

10 + 12 + 8 = 30

75 marks

Close, but not yet.

It's a rabbit! And a samurai! And samurai are like the police--there might be a joke here somewhere...

cLmENtd.png
[spoiler=Lore]2 Level 2 Beast monsters
This card can attack all monsters your opponent controls once each. If this card battles an opponent's monster: You can detach 1 Xyz Material from this card; this card's ATK becomes equal to the ATK of the opponent's battling monster +100 until the end of this turn. If this card is sent to the GY: You can add 1 Beast monster from your GY to your hand.

It was meant to synergize with Number 64 and Missus Radiant--obviously giving the Level 2 Beasts some support. Acts as an option for an offensive (whereas Sandayu promotes more of a grinding type of play) and gives you back a monster if you use it for a Link Summon (of Missus Radiant, probably). ATK boost lasts until the EP to help Sandayu get out beefy tokens.

As for quick flavor notes:
I'm sure you know what Usagi means.
Breaker because it can break boards via battle :)

I do need to remind you that Raccoons and Ojamas still exist, and while yes, this thing you call Treatoad or Toadally Awesome does have similar ATK, I have concerns about its DEF. But that being said, I have been told Treatoad was a mistake in design (and by comparison, this thing is somewhat tamer). The searching is nice, but I do feel it does a bit too much considering the power level.

Don't get me wrong; I'm in favor of bunny power, but yeah. I have a few gripes about this being a "do everything for R2 Beasts". If this were a Rank 3 or 4, or with lower stats (and probably toned down attacking power), you'd get a pass.

10 + 12 + 9 = 30

77.5 marks

You're close. 

Z3gD3a4.jpg[spoiler=Effect]
Sagittabound Eques
Level 4/Fire
Beast-Warrior/Effect
If this card is Normal or Flip Summoned: You can target 1 monster on the field; Special Summon 1 Beast-Warrior from your hand whose level is equal to the targeted monster. If this card is Special Summoned from your GY: You can target 1 monster on the field; send it to the GY. You can only activate each effect of "Sagittabound Eques" once per turn.

[spoiler=Optional design notes]Went with a horse because it was the first thing that popped into my head, which then lead to doing a centaur. Sagitta and Eques are Latin for arrow and knight respectively, which then lead to deciding the attribute to be fire. This was done based of the zodiac Sagittarius, which is the archer and has the element fire.

Effect is split into two. The first is based off scouting and is used to reinforce your board providing you have at least a level 4 in your hand. The second effect is based off assassination and is used for a quick kill.

Stats are fairly generic, 1900 ATK to allow for it to hit a fair bit, and 200 DEF to allow synergy with Rekindling.

Well, we know Fire Fists (and I guess Wolfbark or something?) have a few things they want to say to this card; most of it being "welcome to the club man" and stuff like that (least in terms of this enabling more plays and all). Saying this because most Decks still go Level 4 and stuff in terms of Main Deck. As for the Wolfbark thing, yeah, you know where this is going. Least you can get rid of destruction immune bosses and stuff. 

I honestly don't have (major) issues with this as a whole, and if Zoos and the like somehow break this card, the fault lies on how they were designed. ATK could probably be lowered though. 

====

11 + 12 + 10 = 33

82.5 marks

Pass!

8BTfUPC.png

(Well, I had this stamp planned for earlier on, but given the theme, yeah, it fits)

Bifron Lamb
EARTH - ✪✪
Beast/Effect
This card can be treated as 2 Tributes or 2 Materials for the Tribute, Fusion, Synchro, or Link Summon of a Beast, Beast-Warrior, or Winged-Beast monster; you cannot declare an attack the turn you activate this effect. If you only control Beast, Beast-Warrior, or Winged-Beast monsters: You can Special Summon this card from the GY, but banish it when it leaves the field. You can only use this effect of "Bifron Lamb" once per turn.
[200/200]

I'm okay with this being a double Tributer for certain monsters (because let's face it, a lot of them are clunky to get out), but I am not sure if it is legitimately possible to use this as 2 Fusion Materials at once (at least solely anyway). Synchro one may not be too much of an issue (as this card's Level is usually too low to constitute 2 mats anyway). Link one is somewhat skeptical, due to it being a Missus Radiant target and all. Granted, you can't attack the turn you use it to double up on materials, but IDK. 

Last effect is fine, and for current purposes, yeah, Beasts can go Link 3 off Missus and this. 

In other words, major concern here is basically the ruling issues about Fusion/Synchro materials if you do treat it as 2 mats. Other stuff should be okay. 

=====

11 + 11 + 10 = 32

80 marks

Pass.

8BTfUPC.png

=======

If you all didn't get a stamp this time, just make the changes (either you can follow what I said, or try something else). Rest of you just missed it by a small margin. I did like the cards, but most of them pertain to balancing issues (mainly on the power side, but some cases with potential buffing). 

But yeah, I'll give you guys until the 20th @ 11 pm HST to make changes (or for those of you who haven't come in yet, get something). Think there's two more who usually enter, but haven't gotten something in.

Here's my entry. Since I've been playing Far Cry 4 recently, I decided to make a card based on one of my favorite animals in the game.

The Sky Tiger of Shangri-la

Type:Beast/Effect

Level:8

Attribute:LIGHT/ATK:2500 DEF:2000

Effect: Cannot be Special Summoned, except by it's own effect. When this card is Normal Summoned: You can target 1 monster on the field; destroy it. If this card is destroyed by battle with a monster that has an equal or lower Level/Rank: Special Summon this card from your Graveyard during your 2nd Standby Phase after this card's destruction.

The last effect was based on when the Sky Tiger dies and then comes back to life in game, while the second effect represents when the Sky Tiger pounces and kills an enemy.

qQyaFGq.png

This card can attack all monsters your opponent controls once each. If this card battles an opponent's monster: You can detach 1 Xyz Material from this card; this card's ATK becomes equal to the ATK of the opponent's battling monster +100 until the end of this turn.

Changes made:

• Lowered raw stats
  • Does not float to get something back from the GY anymore

Edit: Lowered stats some more to be safe.

Here are some edits. Basically, I made it so the Counter effect works on Level 8+, Rank 5+, and Link-3+ monsters instead of just Level/Rank 8+ monsters. Also, it now takes only 2 End Phases instead of 3.

[spoiler=Jörmungandr, the Serpent of the End]LCAaYZT.png

Level 10

DARK Reptile / Effect

4000 / 4000

Cannot be Normal Summoned/Set. Must be Special Summoned (from your hand or GY) by Tributing 3 DARK monsters you control. Unaffected by card effects. Once per turn, during either player's turn, you can target 1 Level 8 or higher, Rank 5 or higher, or Link-3 or higher monster on the field: Place 1 Venomous Counter on that monster. A monster with a Venomous Counter is banished during the second End Phase after the Venomous Counter was placed on it.

Here's my entry. Since I've been playing Far Cry 4 recently, I decided to make a card based on one of my favorite animals in the game.

The Sky Tiger of Shangri-la

Type:Beast/Effect

Level:8

Attribute:LIGHT/ATK:2500 DEF:2000

Effect: Cannot be Special Summoned, except by it's own effect. When this card is Normal Summoned: You can target 1 monster on the field; destroy it. If this card is destroyed by battle with a monster that has an equal or lower Level/Rank: Special Summon this card from your Graveyard during your 2nd Standby Phase after this card's destruction.

The last effect was based on when the Sky Tiger dies and then comes back to life in game, while the second effect represents when the Sky Tiger pounces and kills an enemy.

You're going to have some issues finding a Deck that can easily devote 2 monsters to Tribute Summon this card; also taking into account a fair number of monsters do have targeting/destruction protection. Honestly speaking, I don't think you need that restriction coupled with the slow revival. It's fine to account for the source character's powers, but sometimes you need to adapt them so they can function in Yugioh. 

In all, card is technically on the slow end. Effects are fine, but just not going to get this out fast enough. 

13 + 9 + 10 = 32

80 marks

You just barely made it. 

8BTfUPC.png

qQyaFGq.png

This card can attack all monsters your opponent controls once each. If this card battles an opponent's monster: You can detach 1 Xyz Material from this card; this card's ATK becomes equal to the ATK of the opponent's battling monster +100 until the end of this turn.

Changes made:

• Lowered raw stats
  • Does not float to get something back from the GY anymore

Edit: Lowered stats some more to be safe.

Card's fine now; although you would've been fine with either removing the Wicked Avatar / Moon Mirror Shield effect and yeah, a minor drop in stats. But this works too. Statline is fine for a Rank 2. 

So...

13 + 13 + 10 = 36

90 marks

Congratulations cadet, you got the final stamp.

8BTfUPC.png

Here are some edits. Basically, I made it so the Counter effect works on Level 8+, Rank 5+, and Link-3+ monsters instead of just Level/Rank 8+ monsters. Also, it now takes only 2 End Phases instead of 3.

[spoiler=Jörmungandr, the Serpent of the End]LCAaYZT.png

Level 10

DARK Reptile / Effect

4000 / 4000

Cannot be Normal Summoned/Set. Must be Special Summoned (from your hand or GY) by Tributing 3 DARK monsters you control. Unaffected by card effects. Once per turn, during either player's turn, you can target 1 Level 8 or higher, Rank 5 or higher, or Link-3 or higher monster on the field: Place 1 Venomous Counter on that monster. A monster with a Venomous Counter is banished during the second End Phase after the Venomous Counter was placed on it.

Now I'm thinking this is a bit too powerful, but that's probably my knowledge from what we have back in Zootopia in terms of Yugioh. At least you buffed it a bit, so suppose it'll have some merit in DARK-heavy Decks. 

Let's see how you did on the retake...

11 + 13 + 8 = 32

80 marks

You just made it on the slight modification, though I have a feeling Sakura would have other remarks about this.

8BTfUPC.png

Just to make sure: By fixing the summoning effect, you mean the one my monster activates when Summoned or the one that Special Summons from the Deck?

Also: By fixing it, you mean to nerf or buff it (or you cannot tel me this)?

The 2nd effect that summons a Level 1 monster. 

As for the other question, what do you think Officer Hopps wants you to do based on comments?

=====

So yeah, you guys got another day to get things done. 

Hmm, and Dtwist apparently is not present...

Edited my card accordingly:

[spoiler=image]9UrLCT6.jpg?1

[spoiler=Lore]While face-up on the field, this card is also EARTH-Attribute. When this card is Normal Summoned: You can declare a number from 1 to 4; this card's Level becomes the declared number. When this card is Tributed or sent from the field to your Graveyard by a card effect: Special Summon 1 Level 1 monster from your Deck in face-up Attack Position, but its effects are negated, also banish it when it leaves the field. You can only activate this effect of "Loria Tibiarrot" once per turn. A Beast, Beast Warrior or Winged Beast Monster that used this card as a Material for its Fusion/Synchro/Xyz Summon cannot be tageted by card effects

Edited my card accordingly:

[spoiler=image]9UrLCT6.jpg?1

[spoiler=Lore]While face-up on the field, this card is also EARTH-Attribute. When this card is Normal Summoned: You can declare a number from 1 to 4; this card's Level becomes the declared number. When this card is Tributed or sent from the field to your Graveyard by a card effect: Special Summon 1 Level 1 monster from your Deck in face-up Attack Position, but its effects are negated, also banish it when it leaves the field. You can only activate this effect of "Loria Tibiarrot" once per turn. A Beast, Beast Warrior or Winged Beast Monster that used this card as a Material for its Fusion/Synchro/Xyz Summon cannot be tageted by card effects

I'll take it from here. 

But yeah, the effect is better now. I've also known about the thing about it being Naturia Beast fodder and all, so yeah, does more in the long run. I think Judy forgot about that fact, or she did know about it, but didn't note it too much because no other Deck really has space for this. IDK, you could add in Link Summon too; least you can protect Missus or something, but that's pretty much it until Konami steps up their game.

====

12 + 12 + 10 = 34

85 marks

Pass

8BTfUPC.png

Right, and that's the end of things. (Outside Dtwist, all of you got the 4 stamps from the event, so...24K for each of you guys, coupled with the membership thing. Dtwist at least walks away with 12K, so...yeah.)

I'll give out final awards and stuff later; need to work on the little award logos you all get for participating.

====

Admittedly, Judy and I were harder on you during the final rounds, but yeah, standards are bigger. Least you guys all got the stamps, despite a few of you needing to redo.

At this point in time, you guys are all welcome to post whatever you have made into CC. 

It just means that whoever got all the stamps gets perma membership (which is kinda a big deal) and obviously prize money to do whatever. (IDK, host your own contest with a large enough prize pool)

Basically, you get to choose your own groups and stuff. (Or you guys can choose to go into that ZPD one you see certain members holding if you can't decide on your own; thematically, it works.)

====

Unannounced prize will be PM'd later. Let's just say that you'll at least have something to design Links and stuff with until TCGEditor gets updated, or hell forbid our own cardmaker gets fixed. 

====

Archived