Space Insulator

182_20171221091343_iPJc9qy83vZjNHdX3WdtU

Space Insulator
Dark Cyberse / Link / Effect
Link 2 1200 / T B
2 monsters
(1) Monsters this card points to loses 800 ATK/DEF.
(2) When a Cyberse Link Monster is Link Summoned to your field while this card is in your GY, except during the turn this card was sent there: You can Special Summon this card from your GY to your zone that Summoned monster points to, but this card cannot be used as Link Material, and banish it if it leaves the field.

Well, it's generic* but the link arrows aren't great

First effect kind de-incentivizes your opponent summoning to it's zone, but not really

Second effect confuses me, it can't summon the turn you use it as material, so it's not a damage pusher. And you can't link with it. Can't synchro or xyz either. Which means you're left with fusioning. But that would banish it.

Even if you summon it the next turn, you can't really extra link with it....am I missing something?

*can't use face downs like that one link card

To be fair, Konami has been literally printing most of the VRAINS stuff as-is without changing them. So...if they were meh in anime [which most of Yusaku's stuff is], it'll carry over.

But yeah, the no Link restriction sucks and already restricted pool of monsters outside Cyberse decks doesn't help. I guess you could Tribute it off for something if you have to, however I can't think of anything that'd be worth that (unless you somehow force it onto the opponent's field and shut off their plays). The stat drop isn't bad, but then again, it screws you over too.

IDK, the restriction could've just been "no using it for the turn you summoned it", but still might've been bad.

To be fair, Konami has been literally printing most of the VRAINS stuff as-is without changing them. So...if they were meh in anime [which most of Yusaku's stuff is], it'll carry over.

But yeah, the no Link restriction sucks and already restricted pool of monsters outside Cyberse decks doesn't help. I guess you could Tribute it off for something if you have to, however I can't think of anything that'd be worth that (unless you somehow force it onto the opponent's field and shut off their plays). The stat drop isn't bad, but then again, it screws you over too.

IDK, the restriction could've just been "no using it for the turn you summoned it", but still might've been bad.

After Link Vrains, Firewall, and Skulldebt, I won't complain if they keep Links kinda weak...I just don't see a real use for it (maybe fusion link decks)

*can't use face downs like that one link card

No link monster can use face-down monsters. That one that required 1 Normal Summoned/Set monster had that wording because if you Normal Set a monster and then that monster is flipped face-up by means of Book of Taiyou or by battle, you now have a face-up monster that was Normal Set and it can be used as Material for that Link Monster.

On topic: What you can do with it when you Summon it back is Tribute it. This is what happened in the anime when Yusaku tributed this card to use Powercode Talker's effect. Overall the card would be nice in that it's a generic ^v arrows but we already have Security Dragon. Maybe if this card gets released into the TCG before Security Dragon it could have a niche then.

Archived