Mod Application Thread Part 2

YCMaker

1. Forums you are most active in (this is very important)

Fan Fic (I dont post there but i read them)

Role Play

Clubs and organization

Custom Cards

2. Average time spent per day on the forum

3 hours mon - thurs

5 hours fri - sunday

(I dont know the exact time)

3. Why you should become a moderator and what you will do for the forum

I would help the club section by making rules for it because i see there are a lot of spamming around there. I would help role play by making rules and possibly sticky some of the role play. I would help out fan fic by redoing the rules. I would also do other stuff for club and role play that havent been added :p I want to be a mod becuase i want to help the forums and make it better than the past.

• Replies 178
  • Created
  • Last Reply

1. Forums you are most active in (this is very important):I will be all ways be in General or Contests and Any Other Cards

2. Average time spent per day on the forum:1-3 hours

3. Why you should become a moderator and what you will do for the forum:I will stop people from spamming and report people for breaking the rules or even banning them.Give the new members advice on what to do next time.I'll do anything to keep the forums in good state.

1. TCG, Decks, General, Showcase, Realistic Cards, Finished Sets

2. 3+ Hours

3. Well, I have been around for a long time, I know most everyone, I know the rules and such. If made a mod, I would help out by dealing with reported topics/posts and such. I dunno. Thats pretty much what you do as a mod, right?

hey guys whats happening!

i should be a mod because i have been a member for a longer time than anyone else. I also have an abnormally large pinky finger which would definitely come in handy!

THANKS!

Um......that's nice. May I ask why you were unbanned?

1. Forums you are most active in (this is very important): Shops/Request and Realistic Cards

2. Average time spent per day on the forum: 2-5 Hours per day

3. Why you should become a moderator and what you will do for the forum: I type so that people could understand me, and I also moderate this site, also I am very nice, and don't break the rules (Example: I don't spam)

Yeah, same here.

Anyway,

1) General, TCG, Anime, Strategy, Your Deck (and if card trade opens back up, I'll definately be there).

2) 4 - 7 hours.

3) I have been on this Sight a while now, I have seen a lot of things. I can identify rule-breakers and I may not have many reps, but mostly, reps mean nothing. My post count may not be very high, but I visit threads I'm interested in, like a normal person. I have a good sense of humor, and I have good leadership skills.

I guess thats it.

Guest JoshIcy

General, Custom Cards

5 hours at least, but 7 hours on weekends... (i multitask alot but still visit the forums alot)

I wont lie, one reason is so i can change my name once in awhile w/out asking... but the rest is to clear up those spammy posts and lock threads that are asked to be or not within forum rules, and i will do my duty to that end and then some...

1. Realistic, Contests, Other

2. About 4-6 hours a weekday. Longer on weekends.

3. The main reason is that I know what it is like to be a new member. I was one for half of the time I was here. I also think that it is important to know the difference between a noob and a newb. I really care about this site and hope to be more strict than other mods and save the newbs, not the noobs. That is something that most people lack. I am pretty much respected on this site so I guess that the people will follow my word.

I know that I will NOT get the mod job but hey, you can't blame me for trying.

P.S. I want to be a mod because I really want to change my name back to Zeroshot and I still got to wait another 1 month and 26 days.

Finally, this is what I have been waiting for, I would have loved this to be around earlier so I could apply.

Here is my application:

1. I am always checking out the contest section and I could check out the realistic card section more, but I spend alot of time there too.

Card Contests / Realistic Cards / Other

2. 6-8 hours Sunday-Thursday / 8+ hours on Friday and Saturday

3. I care about YCM and I have a deep hatred of Spam and spammers. I will work hard to maintain the rules and cut down on spam on any forum I have to moderate. I am a well known member and I believe that I am respected by most members who know me. New members seem to for no reason, listen to me when I talk to them most of the time. I am online often and I seem to spend more time on this site a day than I do at school, seeming as I care more.

I wish this site to flurish and thrive and I hope I can be a part of that as a moderator.

_______

Thank you YCMaker and I wish you the best, to find a new moderator or two. Maybe this will completely reduce spam and pointless threads and YCM can reach a new "Golden Age".

General, Yugioh TCG

3-6 hours

I think that I should become a moderator because I would do my best to help members out, I will help the General forums by banning the major n00bs that invade the General section, locking the rule-breaking threads, and moving threads that are in the wrong section. I will also do the same for the TCG section.

Realistic Cards / Pop Culture Cards / Questions,Comments,Suggestions / Introductions / Help & Tutorials / General / Shops/Requests / Anime

3-7 Hours

Stop n00b crisis,

Help with problems with forum,

Remove all spammy posts,

Lock spam threads.

1. Forums you are most active in (this is very important):

Usually General, Debate, Games, Polls, and Intros. Introductions are always a fun way to learn about our fellow YCMers

Weekdays: 5-7 hours

Weekends: 7-9 hours.

a. I haven't been long here, but, like many other members, I am disturbed by any small mistake, which I would love to fix. Whether it's waiting for n00b threads to be locked, or threads to be moved- as some people post incorrectly by mistake- I am always jotting sown ways to contact mods. If I become a Mod, I can rush to such places faster. I even have my own little plan. (*_*)

b. I admire the strength of this forum, and believe that something like this forum should be a legacy; a sort of model for others, if you wish. I am true to my word when I say this- I am a Rank Star Scout in Boy Scouts of America- I will, given the position, make this forum become as perfect as possible.

~Bob

I am most active in Clubs & Organizations, Fan Fic and Shops/Requests.

Unfortunately, can't be on on Mondays or Tuesdays, but other days I am on at least 3 hours a day. On weekends, I'm on for most of the day, till up to 11pm at night.

I believe I could offer a lot to this forum. I would be very dedicated. I would have a system, which would be to browse through all the threads a day old in all the forums I'm assigned to. I would lock threads that were asking to be locked, whether they were actually asking or just needing to be locked. After I had done that, I would look at the older threads, because as a regular member, I have found that there is nothing more annoying than changing your thread's title to "Please Lock" and it being ignored.

OK, I'll give it a try...

General, Custom Cards

About 5-6 on Monday to Thursday and 8-12 on Friday to Saturday and about 4-5 on Sundays

Cause I have been on this site for almost a year and a half now, so I know how things run around here and I want to help clean the Custom Cards section up like move any unrealistic cards to Any Other section etc. etc. Make some new rules and help darth and DJ-Osiris.

Hope it's good enough :D

I have decided to apply. After a long while of thinking, I've decided not to apply for myself (if I was to do this, I've realized I would do it as soon as I saw the thread), but for the forum itself, as many members are leaving, and some have even said the forum is becoming a "crap place", which I do not like whatsoever, although it may become true (I'm not going to name any names on this matter).

Graphic Design

"Other"

Your Deck

Yugioh TCG

Well, since I do other things (with YCM as a tab) at the same time, I would say about 6-8 hours, sometimes more.

I will lock annoying threads to clear up the forum, completely delete any offensive or highly rule-breaking threads, and I am willing to show lenience (sp?) if people can show me valid reasoning. I do make mistakes, as no-one is perfect, but I will acknowledge my mistakes, and hopefully correct them, and I hope members will understand this. I will help clear up problems regarding rules and misunderstandings, and report more serious things such as double-accounting to a super mod. I will not lose my personality, and I will be serious and casual in the correct and relevant situations. I hope you consider me for this position.

~kizzi

1. I am mostly on General and the tutorials and showcase forums of the Graphic artist section. I sometimes venture to the Help and Tutorials section.

2. I would say that I am on 3-4 hours on weekdays (school) but, on weekends approximately 5-7 hours, give or take the a half hour.

3. One could say a lot of things about being a moderator that will never happen. Here's What I know I will do.

I will reduce the clutter that incompetent members build up by removing spam posts, locking rule-braking or otherwise unneeded threads, and finally making sure the information the members post is in the correct place. I will Private Message new or confused members and tell them if they did something wrong and what the right thing to do is. If what is say is fitting with the thread I will post it there instead of sending them a Private Message. I will always do my best to make sure my account is secure from other people in my house. I will respect other members. I certainly will not let the statues get to my head. Over time I will find out other things that can improve and help them.

[align=center]Sincerely,

Obi-Wan Cannoli[/align]

Showcase

Fan Fic

Clubs and Organizations

Role Plays

Weekdays

5-6 Hours (a day)

Weekends

6-7 Hours (both days)

1)i will help stop spamming and help all of the important and interesting threads get stickied

2)i also want to stop people posting threads in the wrong section

3)Everyone knows me and some think i am an ok member

4)I dont spam

5)The only negs i have had are 2 and thats because people are giving Pointless positive reps and they gave lots to me...

1. Mostly the card creation forums, particularly the other cards and pop culture cards. ^-^

2. On the weekends, almost all day. ^-^

During the week, it mostly depends on the day. I'll get on at school during my free periods, and whenever I'm home. So about 4 hours a day at least during the week.

3. Um...I'm nice, but I'm fair. I'll keep topics in the right place. I'll keep spam under control. I dont think I'll be a mod, since I'm new, but I'd love to be one. I spend a lot of time online, and I'm easy to get along with. ^-^

General, Card Contests, Showcase, Fan Fic, Yu-Gi-Oh TCG and Realistic cards. Oh, and Anime too... it has interesting topics. I know I don't reply to many people's fanfics, however I have an active and popular fanfic that I left for 3 weeks for my contest and some other life stuff. Will be hell a lot available online in 2 weeks, and on more forums.

If I'm busy, 1-2 hours. That's not usual, at most it goes for a month then I come back on active. Usually I stay online on the forums for 4.5 hours.

First off, I'm not over dramatic and I'm not a hater of the forum. I do not like the forum too much that I have a "bond" with it so if I let out some jokes at it it's normal, examples who do it like that are Tkill and Frunk. They might joke at it but they still have respect. Same here, I respect the forum but at the same time I don't "love" it. I'm not too serious that I can bore the hell out of members so most likely members will be moderated and will have more fun after the stuff that happened here, Frunk's leave and Draco's betrayal, etc. I'm 21, I'm mature and I can deal with stuff here more wisely than some people you might want to choose.

What I want to accomplish here:-

1. Kids come here to have fun. So, anyone breaking the rules or setting up hatreds and flames, and these guys who make debates to offend people, these all are gonna vanish or stop what they're doing as soon as I'm in control of at least the General section.

2. Spammers and not-so-intelligent people are growing. To cut down of these people, I'm going to stop the new hierarchical community system first. Anyone who is going to criticize newbies and n00bs in public and make trash threads like that will be treated like ones who spam and ones who he calls 'n00bs'. If the new guys or "not-so-intelligent" guys do not obey the rules and respect the forum after that act I'm talking about, there's going to be fair punishment and perm. bans for small mistakes aren't going to be in my book... everyone will get the fair punishment, after being warned a single time and already realizing that the mods are trying to make the forums a better place for the user him/herself.

3. I'm going to try my best to stop copying and imitating people, not by my powers, but as a higher-ranked person on here. If the people agree, it's not a problem. But however, some people badly imitate. I'm just going to make them ashamed, no harassment, it's their choice to keep on what they're doing.

4. People who break the rules are simply going to be punished the right way. End of story.

5. If I have S. Mod, note I'm not being a skunk for powers, I will accomplish more to this forum and I promise EVERYONE who is feeling YCM has got ruined, I'll try to revive it again, since spam won't be a problem, like the past, and members will get used to being nice to each other, like the past.

That's all I have to say. It's your choice, YCMaker, but be sure that if you choose me as a mod you won't be let down, and this forum is going to stand back like how it was. All I need is mod of General section, and if you could afford me a S. Mod to aid Tkill I'd be very, very, very grateful.

I'd like to put my job on here in front of my activity, so if I was a S. Mod I promise I will be a lot more active and I will try hard to bring YCM back to its good days.

A friend once told me, "Government shouldn't be served by the people, people should be served by the government".

1. Forums you are most active in (this is very important) Role Playing, Shops/Requests, Games, Clubs and Organizations.

2. Average time spent per day on the forum Monday-Thursday 8hours Friday and sat 10 or more Sunday- 5 or 6

3. Why you should become a moderator and what you will do for the forum. I should become a moderator because I spend a lot of time on the site and I love helping people and making sure that everyone follows the rules and guidelines, but they have a fun time doing it.

Archived