Mod Application Thread Part 2

YCMaker

Sweet I've always wanted to be a moderator, and I hope this time I get picked :)

1. Forums you are most active in

I'am most active in the General,Showcase and Poll areas. I also enjoy some time in the Custom Cards areas rating people's cards and giving them tips to make them better card makers, and members.

2. Average time spent per day on the forum

On an average weekday I spend about 5 hours on here. But on Weekends I can spend as much as 10-12 hours here on my favorite forum:

Weekdays: 3:00 Pm to 6:00 PM, and 7:00-9:00 PM Eastern Time

Weekends- Varies during the afternoon and at night, equals to about 10-12 hours Eastern Time

3. Why you should become a moderator and what you will do for the forum

I believe I should become a moderator because I am fit to become one, I have modding experience, I'am kind and respectful to all members, I know and follow the rules, and I just basically LOVE this forum ^_^

If I become a moderator I will help the forum by reducing spam, helping members, and cleaning up the forum. As I said before I have modding experience so you could count on me for being a great mod of YCM ^_^

• Replies 178
  • Created
  • Last Reply

1. Forums you are most active in (this is very important)

I'm active in Role Play, Fanfic, TCG and Your Deck and I'm also starting to get back into Realistic

5-6 hours on weekends, 3-5 hours on week days. *I'm willing to go on more*

A: Ive been here since the beginning of August, I know how things work, what to do and what not to do.

B: Alot of people still remember who I am, they know I can be helpful and nice when they really need it.

C: I see alot of spam threads that I wish I could lock to help lock, since I'm not able to I usually tell one of the mods on msn about it.

D: In RPs I know how to tell the difference between a RP and a RPG *That one letter does cause a difference* along with helping members improve their writing abilities, which will cause them to create longer posts *a lot of people just post a sentence or two*, I know proper grammar, In decks I can tell good from back and help members with them, In fanfics I can help with episode/chapter lengths, if their duel/battle is long enough.

I care about the site and its members, hopefully I can help out more.

Hmm of course I'd like to become a mod' date=' too, but I guess I'm too new for that-____-

Maybe I'll come back here later then.

[/quote']

Ys like Yankee said you don't have to be a 4 star member to post one and mon94key has around the same posts as you and he posted one so you don't have to be an 4 star member. And I wasn't going to post one either but I gave it a shot :D

1. Fan-Fiction and Written Cards. My two obsessions in my YCM Life.

2. Too much for my own health; around four hours everyday' date=' probably more.

3. I feel that we lack a fan-fic Moderator. Sure, we have darkguy, but I haven't seen any post by him there in a while. Fan-Fics need a more active mod; I consider myself to be a good choice. Also, I try to be as friendly as I can, offering advice to those I consider need.

[/quote']

In my opinion, there is no member on YCM that deserves to moderate the Fan-Fic section more than Umbra.

Good luck to all members that apply!

1.Realistic Cards - Most of my threads are in the section.

2. 1-4 hrs on Weekdays. Around 7 hrs on Weekends and Holidays.

3. I know we have a few Realistic Mods but I am usualy on at different times. I have been a member for nearly a year and I am pretty active. I will be able to check threads and stick + lock when needed.

I am not trying to force you to do anything I just hope you can consider me as a Moderator cause I believe I can help. I just hope you believe aswell.

1. Forums you are most active in (this is very important) Graphic Design and General

2. Average time spent per day on the forum On weekdays 4:05 eastern time to 9:00 eastern time and on weekends pretty much all day

3. Why you should become a moderator and what you will do for the forum I will try to cut down spam and I know all the rules and follow them browarod and DJ Osiris I have talked to and other things like that.

I can honestly see Wolf and Jsp' date=' because obviously I want them as Moderators, XD. There is a few others who seem like they'd do the job well but you'll all have to just wait.

[/quote']

Thanks for believing in me Sanji :) Good luck to the rest of the Applicants as well!

My goodness, there are quite a lot of memberes, each just as good as the one before. Well, I do hope that I am taken into consideration and from then on I'll happy to accept any result.

Most Definitely, Realistic Card Section. This is because I really do enjoy helping new members learn the rules. Not only that but I take pride in helping every member I can with OCG and advice on their cards.

Average time spent per day on the forum

I'll be honest and say that I am not on the forum weekly for a staggering 10+ hours. Usually, during the week, due to school and such, I am for at least 3 and half to possibly 4 hours. On weekends my time ranges from 4 to 6 and a half. I cannot be on for nearly half of a day because, like most of us, there of plenty things to do. I will say,though, that if I am chosen I will be on the most I can.

3. Why you should become a moderator and what you will do for the forum?

Well, in all honesty, this question would probably be my strongest of the three. I believe that I should be considered to become a moderator because of many things which I will try to crystallize as well as possible.

*First, let me begin with the fact that anyone who knows me knows that I am not the person who simply posts, "Nice cards, 8/10" I am not someone who is at rest with posting a comment that does not help anyone whatsoever. That is my main priority and always has been. In nearly all my posts I am lengthy, helpful, and to the point. No matter what the set, or what the problem, I do my best to facilitate to my fellow members.

* When I help someone with a long and detailed post, I do not expect repayment I do not expect a Positive Reputation or points, I merely do it for the sake of the progress of other members and, in whole, the future of YCM and those who will one day lead it. In light of the rush of New Members who are joining the site, I will do all that is possible to educate New Members and so, in turn, they can help themselves and others, building a strong and well-buttressed community.

*Another problem, I realize, is the inconceivable amount of Spam, I will work to my extent to put a stopper on it so the site stays the way it should. This is a wonderful site with wonderful members and does not deserve to have Spam or members who Spam. Hopefully, with the combined efforts of all the Moderators, Spam will soon be a thing of the past.

*I realize that I must become active in all threads and I assure you, I intend to. In conclusion, I will push myself to the my extent to bring the greater welfare for this site and will be willing to take the stress, I think YCMaker for giving everyone a chance at this and hope that this has given a clear message of who I am. As I bring my answer to an end, I wish all other applicants the best of luck and that the best applicant receive the position.

-Forced Simplicity

1. Forums you are most active in (this is very important) - Shops/Request and Contest

2. Average time spent per day on the forum - about 7 hrs. on weekdays and about 7-10 on weekends

3. Why you should become a moderator and what you will do for the forum - Well I have pretty good (about 9/10) grammar and I read the News section everyday. I do not think I have spammed much, and I am fair and nice!

[1. Forums you are most active in (this is very important)]

[1] Custom Cards: Realistic Cards + Card Contests

[2] Clubs and Organizations

*This is actually my favorite of them all...

[3] Yugioh Card Maker: Questions, Comments, and Concerns

*I like to help out the questions that members have.

[2. Average time spent per day on the forum]

I spend about five hours Monday through Thursday online, going through any available threads. On the weekends i'll spend roughly about the whole day...if i can. On Friday i'll be on from 4 to like 3 in the morning the next day...it's when i'm most active...

[3. Why you should become a moderator and what you will do for the forum]

[For Custom Cards + Realistic Cards Section]

[1] I know Dj runs the forum well, but he can always use some help. I can moderate the threads being open, but i won't go crazy over a thread that was placed inthe wrong section, i'll move it, and kindly ask the member who posted, the transaction. Also, i would never yell at the Members who seem to miss out on a rule... I'll kindly help them out with any problem they have...^_^

[Clubs and Organizations]

[1] This would be the forum that i would like to Moderate, because i would do a ,Cleaning if you will, by locking outdated threads, kindly reinforcing the rules to make a person's club better. I would suggest to the members how they can make their club better, and create newer and updated rules.

[2] I'd join start joining clubs, to further help in the production in someone's club, to further their clubs' popularity.

[Yugioh Card Maker]

[1] I'm not sure if anyone's currently moderating that section, but i'd be happy to moderate full-time...

[2] I like helping out other members with their problems...

[3] I'd provide a new thread where they can spefically ask any questions that i can get around to answering.

[Moderator in General]

[1] I think i'd make a great moderator, mostly because i believe anyone's changable. I recently started a club called the Organization, where 13 Elite Members aquire apprentices, around 1-3 Star members. We are to train them to do the different activities that are run here on these forums. That would include Cardmaking, Splicing, Graphic Design, Constructing a successful Role Play, etc.

[2] When i see a new member has signed up, i don't wait for them to create an intro, because by then they would have already started down the wrong path, and i send them a PM of welcome, and help...

[3] I'm hoping my tactics can help with this Spamming problem, and all the other problems here on YCM...

Hmmm, sounds interesting

1. Forums you are most active in (this is very important).

I am mainly on the Fan-fic Section and Custom Cards section. Along with the General Section.

2. Average time spent per day on the forum.

I spend about 6-7 hours on weekdays on the computer, and about 12 hours on weekends.

3. Why you should become a moderator and what you will do for the forum?

I feel like I can make a real difference for YCM. I know what it takes to be a Moderator, and I feel like I'm ready for the responsibility. I may not be a great Graphic Artist like some Moderators are, but I do know how to inforce the rules of the site and also how to keep the site clean and run efficiently.

1. Forums you are most active in (this is very important): Mostly Showcase and Custom cards

2. Average time spent per day on the forum: 2 to 6 hours(On Weekdays) and 6 to 10 hours(on weekends)

3. Why you should become a moderator and what you will do for the forum :Im on almost every day when i get home and want to try to help out as much as i can. I am used to people going overboard and so I can keep my cool when dealing with people causing trouble. Mostly I am very grateful to YCMaker for creating this site and would love to have the chance to help him out by trying to, in a sense, "Protect the Peace".

If you have any Questions feel free to PM them to me.

1. Forums you are most active in (this is very important): Mostly Showcase and Custom cards

2. Average time spent per day on the forum: 2 to 6 hours

3. Why you should become a moderator and what you will do for the forum :Im on almost every day when i get home and want to try to help out as much as i can. I am used to people going overboard and so I can keep my cool when dealing with people causing trouble. Mostly I am very grateful to YCMaker for creating this site and would love to have the chance to help him out by trying to' date=' in a sense, "Protect the Peace".

[/quote']

Although you have chutzpah for applying for mod-ship, I don't think you've been on YCM long enough to take a position of control. Good luck, though!

If you're interested in becoming a moderator on this site' date=' this would be the place to apply for such a position. Please keep in mind that being a moderator is not so much a flaunt of ones power but a responsibility to maintain ones respective forum. Certain categories are much more active than others, but there will always be work to do. Please also bear in mind that simply holding the user status of "moderator" will subject you to a certain level of criticism that you would not normally face.

With that said, please post the following:

[/quote']

1. General, card contest, shop and request, Realistic/any other cards

2.10-12 hours on weekdays[least is 6-8] weekends im basicly always on.

3.I believe i should be a mod because i am always on, know the difference between spam and an intelligent post, and im always there for people. Also i am constantly reading the forums and checking for spam, double post, and i am trying to enforce picture credit and a sig of the right size,

What i will do for the site is enforce new members to read the rules and never spam and i and even not as a mod enforcing rules though i know currently it has no major effect as locking threads before they turn into a major spamfest. I know this probably isnt enough to become a mod but i believe i would be a great one and majorly help in improving an already awesome site.

1. Forums you are most active in (this is very important).

General, Polls, and Yugioh TCG. I do pop in on other sections every now and again.

Normally 5 hours a day. EST

I've been a member of the forum for a long time and I know what is right and wrong. I can keep my cool and don't let other things clouds my judgment. I also do my best to be kind to new members even if they make mistakes and always give people a second chance. If I ever became a mod I would help keep the forum cleaner and a over all better and more enjoyable place to be.

1. Fan-Fic,RP(Occasinaly)General,Shop/Requests,Games,Card Contests

1-3 hours on the weekdays,1-5 on the weekends

3a.I know the rules and what to do if some1 breaks them

3b.Even after being here for 5 month and many failed threads i know the difference between Flaming and Critisizm

3c.Because every mod on this site has a life and are on at different times it is up to the members to identify spam.I have identified spam reported it(i think???).

3d.I know a little about this sites history

3e.I'm Funny

3f.And i know alot of members on this site even if they don't know me.

P.S If i cant be a Mod i hope OCG King and/or God Splice are 1

EDIT:YCMaker i know on my application it says 1-2 hours but with all this anicipation and the attacks i really am on more so i'd say 3-4 hours a day.

Mostly graphic design, and sometimes General, also Custom Cards every so often.

Well, about 2-3 hours on weekdays, and 4-5 hours on weekends.

(I check out the site as a guest a lot)

I would like to be a mod, because I help out the forums, and these other following stuff:

I will help out new people when they join, so they won't get spammers.

I will also take care of spammers.

I won't, and I don't, get mad at new members when they're spamming, or doing other rule-breaking stuff.

I even helped out the forums as a regular member.

^_^

Archived