torm's monthly ama thread

Tormented

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Excluding the time you have spent here, and any emotional attachments, why are you so invested in YCM's future?

Do you feel the need to prove yourself or the quality of your work to someone for some reason? Why or why not?

In addition, who among the members do you find most instrumental to your success (excluding moderators) here at YCM?

Excluding the time you have spent here, and any emotional attachments, why are you so invested in YCM's future?

Interesting question, perhaps it is entirely sentimental? I haven't really thought about it, to be honest. I'd like to say it's continuing to hone my skills be it on the HTML side of things or alternative skills. Hard to say, I just want to do good, be it for my ego or just entirely morally so, I haven't really ever put enough thought on it and I'm not even sure I know the answer.

Do you feel the need to prove yourself or the quality of your work to someone for some reason? Why or why not?

I don't think I need to prove anything; if people can't see the positive influence that I'm reinforcing in this place along with the things I have already done, they are either blind or delusional. I will continue to push forward my agenda of improving every aspect I can, even if it kills me, figuratively of course... I wouldn't actually die for this place; because this place needs to change if it wants to carry on surviving and perhaps even eventually go back to thriving. 

In addition, who among the members do you find most instrumental to your success (excluding moderators) here at YCM?

Another great question.

Winter / Giga / Hina have all been supporters of me from day one and they constantly have been there to show their appreciation of what I'm trying to accomplish be it in all manner of ways. They are likely the most instrumental; If I had no backing up until this point, I doubt I would be where I am right now.

All have been clear-sighted to the idea that this isn't some sort of weird non-sensical power grab, it's all in the name of progress and modernization and I truly think we are in the best position we have been in, in over 4+ years.

@@Dad

Who among the moderators do you find most instrumental to your success here at YCM?

Hmm... I've had a very antagonistic relationship with some of the older mod teams in the past, they have been very much anti-change and anything they don't have complete control over scared them. That being said, I think the current mod team is very clearly willing to listen to reason... but I'm kinda dodging the question I suppose.

If I wanted to be a real ass I would say "no-one" but that isn't entirely true, Sakura finally pushed the ACP access so that in it of itself earns a place in being Instrumental, Dad has always been a good friend and we've had numerous conversations about what needs changing and things that are inherently flawed.

I'm quite hard-pressed to find anyone else that springs to mind... I know it may sound harsh but I think I'm where I am due to my own merits and not because I'm on fantastic terms with the Mod Team (that's not to say we are on bad terms currently)

@@God Emperor Cow

Archived