[The Ally Monsters] Added 1! (10|22|08)

Kale

What do you think of my Ally Monsters?  

3 members have voted

1. 1. What do you think of my Ally Monsters?

• ehh.... could be better........
    • iffy... they're good an bad.
    • I LOVE THESE GUYS!!!

hey, ive added a bunch of new guys, and i hope this set is starting to grow more unified.

please tell me what you think, i cant read minds.

thanks, and remember: if these cards dont make sense, read the rules i made for them. if my rules dont seem complete, ask me a question about it and i'll update it.

i tried to design my thread so that it looks better! hopefully you will look at my thread now...

• Replies 774
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I thought you guys would think so. its very similar to an easily reusable cyber vally.

it used to be a choice from a card or 500 LP, so i changed that.

anyone got any ideas for anymore of my Ally Monsters, or any comments?

Overal a rather impressive concept. My only "nitpicks" are more aesthetic than any real errors in the work itself(it's my opinion so you can feely ignore it ;) ).

First off, I'm not too keen on the name to be perfectly honest. I see where you're going with the name but to me it just doesn't gel. As to not be completely negative on this I tried to think of something that I thought better encompassed your concept and, if they were my cards(which they aren't) I'd go with something like "Legion." To me "Legion" works in both the unified army sense that the word "Ally" does and has a nice Biblical feel to it which also works with the cards. Just the way I see it a stack of cards feeding off of each other's abilities just cries out,"We are Legion."

Secondly, I don't know if it's just me but I cry a little on the inside when I see 98% of the holo effects people used applied to Engle artwork. I think your cards would look 100% better if you lost it.

Lastly, have you actually attempted to playtest these things? The nagging voice in the back of my head seems to think this is a really unique concept...but that it might be too slow to effectively work considering the risks involved. I could be completely wrong on this one...but it's just a feeling.

Overall, I'm definately watching this one to see where it goes. :D

Thanks for your insight Enigma Zero. i didnt wait and think of a name, really. i just rushed and picked one out of thin air.

if i have time ill remake these cards with something to the effect of "Legion." Thanks for the idea!

i didn't like the holo effects after i did them, so i stopped doing them. the first card you see is actually one of the middle cards i made. i just thought its effect was one of the better ones to catch people's attention.

I haven't ever made real "original" cards before, so hearing that you like the idea makes it all the sweeter.

thanks man.

daily bump, and there is a reason.

for those of you who have seen my Darklord Ally Monsters should know that now they have been changed to the Legion's Ally Monsters. It makes the cards sound like how they act.

no new card concepts yet, but technically all the cards in my thread are new because of there name...

those of you who havnt commented, please do so. i want to know your guys' oppinion.

thanks.

thanks wilson91.

i also added two new cards. they are at the top of my thread, see and please write what you think.

why arent you guys commenting on my two new cards? come on guys, i cant read your thoughts......put them in words!

Overall, a decent effort with the new cards. One thing small thing you need to fix is that your Ally Monsters could stand just a tad more erasework in the text areas. For example, almost every card you've made in this fashion has a white dot in the middle of the "A" in "Ally." It's minor...but it would improve things. ;)

The next thing you might want to focus on is some way to speed up this process. Perhaps either a spell to move a monster from your graveyard to a stack(not the top) or maybe a little weenie monster that can be special summoned from your hand to underneath one Ally Monster. Try to make a few cards in this train of thought because you appear to have all the cannons made...you just need to make something that loads them with ammo. ;)

alrighty, will do.

working in the process.....

using your analogy, maybe i can make a card to reuse the cannons, or maybe take some from the deck to the hand / field.

ill make more, and the editing is acting a bit weird.... i try and fix it though.

thanks alvarosv!

i have added a pack image too, so what do you guys think?

keep in mind its my first pack i've made.....

ive also added some field spells, and they have the same Stacking effect as the monsters!!

Hey, i made new field spells. they work the same way as the allies do, they stack on top of each other. that's how i came up with this type of card in the first place, making field effects easier to use...

please comment? thats all i can ask for...

Someone said this before but

Its pretty similar to Naruto TCG battle style

but it sounds interesting

I personally have never actually seen the tv show of naruto, let alone play the game, so i had no clue that this sort of thing already. But, this sort og thing does not exist for yugioh yet, so... i guess it is original in that sense right?

I like them Dark Kale:D you are clearly working very hard on them.

yes i am. but im in a sort of ..... writer's block?... for these cards. ive got a thought forming for one more field spell, but thats it so far.

any ideas from the rest of the YCM forum (you guys)?

I have an idea (don't know if already posted but keep reading). You could put Ally Help. A trap card. You could make it special summon an ally monster from your deck whenever a stack with at least 2 ally monsters is attacked and put it on the stack. Think it's a good idea?

I have an idea (don't know if already posted but keep reading). You could put Ally Help. A trap card. You could make it special summon an ally monster from your deck whenever a stack with at least 2 ally monsters is attacked and put it on the stack. Think it's a good idea?

yeah! nice idea. i'd call it "Ally Defense" though. It seems to make more sense. =)

i just made a new trap for you guys to see! please rate and fix!!

I was just about to make this very post...weird. I think you should change the end part of your new trap from removing a card from play to adding one from your graveyard to a stack. It goes back to the whole "adding more ammo" concept we previously discussed. ;)

alrighty. ^_^

In the books, but its hard juggling the allies and the inner soul/outer forces set.

I'll make the correction, as well as some form of ally help.

Thanks for saying that it was nice to put the rules. I always want to make it clear what I want the cards to do. ^_^

EDIT: i added a monster and a trap, so i hope they make the loading ammo concept work.

anyone care to say anything?

Archived