This was a combo I thought involving Blue-Eyes Spirit Dragon and Master with Eyes of Blue. 

[spoiler=Master with Eyes of Blue]

Master with Eyes of Blue 

Level 1 / Light / Spellcaster / Tuner / Effect 

300 attack / 1200 defense 

When this card is Normal Summoned: You can target 1 Level 1 LIGHT Tuner in your GY; add it to your hand. You can shuffle this card from your GY into the Deck, then target 1 Effect Monster you control; send it to the GY, and if you do, Special Summon 1 "Blue-Eyes Monster from your GY, other than the sent Monster. You can only use this effect of "Master with Eyes of Blue" once per turn. 

[spoiler=Blue-Eyes Spirit Dragon]

Blue-Eyes Spirit Dragon 

Leve 9 / Light / Dragon / Synchro / Effect 

2500 attack / 3000 defense 

1 Tuner + 1 or more non-Tuner "Blue-Eyes" Monsters 

Neither player can Special Summon 2 or more Monsters at the same time. Once per turn, during either players turn, when an effect of a card in the GY is activated: You can negate the activation. During either players turn: You can tribute this Synchro Summoned card; Special Summon 1 LIGHT Dragon-Type Synchro Monster from your Extra Deck in Defense Position, except "Blue-Eyes Spirit Dragon", but destroy it during the End Phase of this turn. 

Step 1: Special Summon any Level 8 Blue-Eyes Monster to your field. 

Step 2: Normal Summon Master with Eyes of Blue. 

Step 3: Synchro Summon Blue-Eyes Spirit Dragon using the Level 8 Blue-Eyes Monster and the Master with Eyes of Blue. 

Step 4: Activate Master with Eyes of Blue's effect in the graveyard, shuffling itself into the Deck, then target the Spirit Dragon. 

Step 5: Chain link 2, Blue-Eyes Spirit Dragon's effect to Summon an Azure-Eyes Silver Dragon from your Extra Deck. 

Step 6: The chain resolves backwards, the Azure-Eyes is special summoned from the Extra Deck, then, Master's effect resolves, summoning the Spirit Dragon out of the graveyard. 

Step 7: Overlay the 2 Level 9 Monsters for the True King of all Calamities. 

I don't know if this works or not, but my reasoning is this. 

Since Master's effect didn't "send" a monster to the graveyard with it's effect, it can technically special summon the Monster that it targeted with it's effect. 

If it works, then it's a pretty funky way to summon all Calamities. If Master has to send the monster to resolve it's effect, then it doesn't work. 

This was a combo I thought involving Blue-Eyes Spirit Dragon and Master with Eyes of Blue. 

[spoiler=Master with Eyes of Blue]

Master with Eyes of Blue 

Level 1 / Light / Spellcaster / Tuner / Effect 

300 attack / 1200 defense 

When this card is Normal Summoned: You can target 1 Level 1 LIGHT Tuner in your GY; add it to your hand. You can shuffle this card from your GY into the Deck, then target 1 Effect Monster you control; send it to the GY, and if you do, Special Summon 1 "Blue-Eyes Monster from your GY, other than the sent Monster. You can only use this effect of "Master with Eyes of Blue" once per turn. 

[spoiler=Blue-Eyes Spirit Dragon]

Blue-Eyes Spirit Dragon 

Leve 9 / Light / Dragon / Synchro / Effect 

2500 attack / 3000 defense 

1 Tuner + 1 or more non-Tuner "Blue-Eyes" Monsters 

Neither player can Special Summon 2 or more Monsters at the same time. Once per turn, during either players turn, when an effect of a card in the GY is activated: You can negate the activation. During either players turn: You can tribute this Synchro Summoned card; Special Summon 1 LIGHT Dragon-Type Synchro Monster from your Extra Deck in Defense Position, except "Blue-Eyes Spirit Dragon", but destroy it during the End Phase of this turn. 

Step 1: Special Summon any Level 8 Blue-Eyes Monster to your field. 

Step 2: Normal Summon Master with Eyes of Blue. 

Step 3: Synchro Summon Blue-Eyes Spirit Dragon using the Level 8 Blue-Eyes Monster and the Master with Eyes of Blue. 

Step 4: Activate Master with Eyes of Blue's effect in the graveyard, shuffling itself into the Deck, then target the Spirit Dragon. 

Step 5: Chain link 2, Blue-Eyes Spirit Dragon's effect to Summon an Azure-Eyes Silver Dragon from your Extra Deck. 

Step 6: The chain resolves backwards, the Azure-Eyes is special summoned from the Extra Deck, then, Master's effect resolves, summoning the Spirit Dragon out of the graveyard. 

Step 7: Overlay the 2 Level 9 Monsters for the True King of all Calamities. 

I don't know if this works or not, but my reasoning is this. 

Since Master's effect didn't "send" a monster to the graveyard with it's effect, it can technically special summon the Monster that it targeted with it's effect. 

If it works, then it's a pretty funky way to summon all Calamities. If Master has to send the monster to resolve it's effect, then it doesn't work. 

That should belong in the rulings section above.

As for the question at hand.

The wording on Master With Eyes of Blue says "and if you do", which, as far as I know these kind of rulings, means the two bound actions happen simulationeously, meaning you get to summon the monster and at the same time realize you cannot send the target, so you cannot continue the effect afterwards, however at that point you already summoned the other target.

I have to correct myself, sadly it does not appear to work.

Source: https://yugiohblog.konami.com/articles/?p=4514

Archived