Pokemon Sword & Pokemon Shield

~British Soul~

• Replies 203
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Maybe we'll see another female professor, though it'll likely be a bloke. We'll just have to wait and see. As for names, two I have floating around are: Pine and Hawthorn.

Nice names. Anyway, I'm with the fanbase and memes on this, I really hope Scorbunny's final evolution is not another Fire/Fighting type.

Let's hope not. Now, how about Gym Master names?

Given the Japanese name people are thinking it might be Fire/Electric. It would be really interesting to see since it is a very rare type and it causes a really interesting dynamic with the water type that is likely to ripple to how the other two interact with their type weakness.

Guessing at names is something I do not see the appeal of. The names sometimes have word play to tie into the gym types, but even that leaves you open for a ton of names. However if you must, the most likely gym types are

Water

Grass

Rock

Ice

Dragon

Past that the guesses for the last three are

Steel

Fairy/Psychic

???

I'm pretty sure one of the gyms will be dragon given the design of the second large city. Could be the Champion's type. And on that note I do expect them to go back to having a proper champion. Though I can see you doing title defenses for replays.

And I hope the champion is another female like Cynthia, Iris in B2/W2 and Diantha.

I'm pretty sure one of the gyms will be dragon given the design of the second large city. Could be the Champion's type. And on that note I do expect them to go back to having a proper champion. Though I can see you doing title defenses for replays.

That could be interesting, and have said champion being a title challenger.

I actually really like how Gen 7 pulls from a random group. It increases the variance of play and it helps give life to the world by making different people fight you for the title.

Yeah, it was an interesting system, and whilst it'd be neat if it return for Gen 8, whether it returns is another story.

On the note of randos, I like how USUM had so you could meet the dragon bloke during the story, rather than just show up out of the blue in SM.

Yeah, it was an interesting system, and whilst it'd be neat if it return for Gen 8, whether it returns is another story.

On the note of randos, I like how USUM had so you could meet the dragon bloke during the story, rather than just show up out of the blue in SM.

Same with the Golfer. Ultra vs. Normal is so weird since I'd say the story is a LOT weaker, but between quality of life changes, more Pokemon obtainable (plus new ones), new features, and doing a bit more with some side character it is better in several ways. It honestly sucks that a single version doesn't take the good parts from both. Also, really curious how a LPer I follow will cover Gen 7 for these reasons since I honestly feel like both games should be shown off.

Same with the Golfer. Ultra vs. Normal is so weird since I'd say the story is a LOT weaker, but between quality of life changes, more Pokemon obtainable (plus new ones), new features, and doing a bit more with some side character it is better in several ways. It honestly sucks that a single version doesn't take the good parts from both. Also, really curious how a LPer I follow will cover Gen 7 for these reasons since I honestly feel like both games should be shown off.

I might know the LPer if you give a name.

I think I know which LPer you might be on about, but yeah. Kahili was the same, and both games had their shortcomings in terms of characters, features, etc.

One thing I'd like to see is a place where people can acquire A-Marowak, A-Exeggutor, A-Raichu.

Cool. Wait, isn't that what Pokemon Go is for? I got an Alolan Geodude that way.

Pokemon Let's Go had trainers that traded regular versions of Kanto Pokemon for Alolan Versions. Maybe they can implement that.

Maybe this game should be like Gold Silver and Crystal: Give us two regions to explore.

People have speculated that this is the region that was at war with Kalos and given the England/France connection makes sense. 2 regions would be cool, but balancing for them both is pretty difficult. The level curve in Gen 2 is honestly awful.

One thing I'd like to see is a place where people can acquire A-Marowak, A-Exeggutor, A-Raichu.

I'm curious how those three are going to be handled too. For the other Alolan forms breeding them gets you them normally, but for those 3 it is a branch evolution, but one you can't access outside of Alola in theory.

The LPer is Chugga btw

Let's Go had trainers that traded regular versions of Kanto Pokemon for Alolan Versions. Maybe they can implement that.

Possibly, or they'll make it so you have to transfer them via Bank.

I'm curious how those three are going to be handled too. For the other Alolan forms breeding them gets you them normally, but for those 3 it is a branch evolution, but one you can't access outside of Alola in theory.

Yeah, I remember in USUM, you can get the regular evos via Ultra Wormholes, but I suppose in-game trades could work for those.

The LPer is Chugga btw

That's who I figured you were talking about.

Possibly, or they'll make it so you have to transfer them via Bank.

Yeah, I remember in USUM, you can get the regular evos via Ultra Wormholes, but I suppose in-game trades could work for those.

Personally, I think you should be able to breed everything in game, so I think something similar to the Wormhole solution in Ultra is the bst bet/what I'd want.

People have speculated that this is the region that was at war with Kalos and given the England/France connection makes sense. 2 regions would be cool, but balancing for them both is pretty difficult. The level curve in Gen 2 is honestly awful.

The LPer is Chugga btw

Yeah, plus they'd have to redesign Kalos, it's characters and set a time frame. I mean, the Johto games take place three years after the events of the gen 1 games. Who knows how much time will pass from the gen 6 games.

Yeah, maybe there will be special Alolan charms that will allow for such evolutions.

Kinda figured it was ChuggaConroy. Thing is, He's only covered up to Black and White, not even the sequel games Black 2 and White 2. He should at least get caught up with X, Y, Ultra Sun and Ultra Moon.

Archived