Requesting an additional rule for the "Create a Card Game"

Tinkerer

...stop starting archetypes.

Or, at least, offer secondary prompts besides continuing with an an archetype.  Or something along those lines.

We've got like 2-3 game threads in the section specifically designed to work with making/supporting custom archetypes, but they go completely unused.  Can we just... have people do archetypes in some of those threads and leave the CaCG to singles/thematic pairs of cards?

EDIT: Specifically referring to this thread.  For reference, the last 3 pages of the game contain 4 different archetypes.

I do agree that having archetypes being built on the CaCG thread is pretty annoying to people not involved in the archetype because it's impossible to ninja since the prompt above belongs to the same archetype.

However, my personal opinion about threads like Legacy Support or Construct an Archetype is that you have to build too many cards at once with no real prompt besides the archetype itself, which isn't that welcoming if you don't have much free time to do such work, so it is kind of fun (for me) to build an archetype at CaCG with everyone putting their mind to it one card at a time, but it is also unfair and too strict for other people that don't really warm up to the archetype being built.

My suggestion, based around yours, would be so you would always have to suggest two prompts at a time so the person coming next could always have 4 options to make a single card (considering the option to ninja). I think that could be pretty fun.

Archived