New Concept

Horu

Ok. So this concept utilizes normal monsters and gives them higher stages.

This introduces 4 new subtypes. Awakened, Super, Ascended and Ultimate.

None if this counts as a summon. You're simply making a card stronger and thus, not summoning a new monster.

Example:

Celtic Guardian

Earth

Warrior

Lv4

1400/1200

Awakened Celtic Guardian

Earth

Warrior/Awakened

Lv5

2100/1800

"Celtic Guardian"

This card's name is treated as "Celtic Guardian" while face-up on the field. This card inflicts Piercing Damage.

Super Celtic Guardian

Earth

Warrior/Super

Lv7

2800/2400

"Awakened Celtic Guardian"

"This card's name is treated as "Celtic Guardian" while face-up on the field. This card inflicts Piercing Damage. Damage inflicted by this card is doubled.

Ascended Celtic Guardian

Earth

Warrior/Ascended

Lv8

3500/3000

"Super Celtic Guardian"

This card's name is treated as "Celtic Guardian" while face-up on the field. This card inflicts Piercing Damage. Damage inflicted by this card is doubled. When this card inflicts damage to your opponent: Banish the top card from their GY.

Ultimate Celtic Guardian

Earth

Warrior/Ultimate

Lv10

4200/3600

"Ascended Celtic Guardian"

This card's name is treated as "Celtic Guardian" while face-up on the field. This card inflicts Piercing Damage. Damage inflicted by this card is doubled. When this card inflicts damage to your opponent: Banish the top card from their GY. When a card is Banished by this effect; add 2 Equip Spell Cards from your Deck to your hand.

As you can see, you're just stacking cards, trying to get as powerful as possible. While each new form does add an effect, the effect has to relevant to that card and each new effect has to be a direct response to the previous effect. This is because everything must take place at the moment that first effect applied.

So the basic is just a battler. The awakened inflicts piercing damage. The super doubles that damage. The ascended banishes a card as a result of that damage. The ultimate gives you 2 equips as a result of that banishing.

I'm not sure I follow...

Where are these cards located (Deck/Ex.Deck)?  How many can you stack per turn?  Where do the weaker forms go (GY? Are they placed face-up/down under the new monster)?  Why 4 sub-types?  [If they are Deck monsters] Can they be conventionally summoned, or can they only be stacked?  [If they are Extra Deck monsters] Are the previous forms considered "Materials"?

There's a lot that needs to be fleshed out.  Depending on how it's supposed to operate, this could really range in power from a slightly stronger "LV" monster mechanic, to Zoodiac-tier.

They must be stacked. It technically doesn't count as a summon. You just need the base material listed on the card. The 4 subtypes are each a higher grade that would be accomplished. So think in terms of power. Most characters that have powers follow the pattern I laid out in the Subtypes. They are generally normal until said power awakens, it eventually becomes a superpower, the character ascends beyond every other character like them, and they eventually reach their peak or obtain their ultimate power.

I only used Celtic Guardian as an example.

But generally, I would prefer the cards to be in the deck so they aren't overly broken. The extra deck gives way too much access to them way to quick. But generally, if you have Celtic Guardian and his awakened form in your hand, you're free to drop both cards.

It doesn't count as a summon so cards like BTH won't work.

Each stage must stack on the previous listed stage. So generally, you can't Drop Celtic Guardian then instantly stack the Ultimate form. You have to stack them properly.

Archived