Generic Fusion: Eater of Worlds

gmaster1991

Eater of Worlds

2+ monsters
If this card is Fusion Summoned: lose LP equal to the number of Fusion Materials used for this card's Summon x 1000, also your opponent takes no damage until the end of the next turn. Neither player can activate cards or effects in response to this card's activation.

The only use for this card is Super Polymerization. It turns Super Polymerization into a field wipe. That's it. This card's basically designed to punish your opponent for over-extending (or making those ridiculous ten-minute long Turn 1s with Orcusts or Guardragons). The negative effects this card has on the player that summons it is meant to be the drawback, and to prevent them from just OTKing the opponent straight away on Turn 2. The fact that neither player can respond to Eater of World's LP loss is meant to prevent the player that summoned it from negating it with their own card. I suppose it would still be negated if Skill Drain or a similar card was on the field, but without effects to protect them, any field full of monsters would just be wiped with Raigeki anyway.

Eater of Worlds.jpg

I'm gonna say it, this card and super poly cannot exist at the same time. It doesn't just punish players for over extending, it punishes players for having more than one monster on the field. It's a guaranteed board wipe considering your opponent cannot respond to it, and that makes it completely unbalanced, I think. The drawback just isn't enough to deter someone from running 1 or 2 copies of this in their extra deck at all times, especially going second where they can clear a board full of negates, just to set one up themselves after their opponent exhausted a lot of materials. I cannot see this card being even limited unless you restrict the materials needed to summon it by a lot. I like the concept, but it's WAY too strong.

Soul Charge - a card that is currently banned, has a cost similar to this card for its incredibly broken effect and somehow this card is broken'er than Soul Charge itself. It doesn't matter that this card needs Super Poly to be broken, because the fact is as soon as you draw Super Poly you have a free Spell Speed 4 Raigeki that becomes a monster that can then be used for Link plays or something else. It does need ~some~ restrictions.

On 11/18/2019 at 4:01 PM, flowerviolence said:

I'm gonna say it, this card and super poly cannot exist at the same time. It doesn't just punish players for over extending, it punishes players for having more than one monster on the field. It's a guaranteed board wipe considering your opponent cannot respond to it, and that makes it completely unbalanced, I think. The drawback just isn't enough to deter someone from running 1 or 2 copies of this in their extra deck at all times, especially going second where they can clear a board full of negates, just to set one up themselves after their opponent exhausted a lot of materials. I cannot see this card being even limited unless you restrict the materials needed to summon it by a lot. I like the concept, but it's WAY too strong.

What if I change it so that you can't summon any other monsters until the end of the next turn?

Archived