Yu-gi-oh! the lost series

Bsha

So honestly I made this thread because every where I go where they have a yugioh rp of any kind, its either been dead for months, its too far in that I don't feel right joining, or it wont allow me to join even though its active. Long story short I think the rp should either have it so we start with an archtype, lets say I start with an insect deck. and from there you battle and get to add cards to it once in awhile through the use of a card shop, this way it'd be some progression and at the end you could decide between making an inzektor deck or a traptrix deck since some of them are plants, or you could make a plant and insect deck. That or we each start with one of the structure decks that you see in every yugioh game and you progress from there and you can choose whether you'd still want that archtype or change after. Where would we get the money? well I was thinking that it'd be like pokemon where everyone has money and you get like either a monthly or weekly allowance depending on how people feel it should be, and you can also sell items to the shops to make money. Maybe you could even participate in tournaments and the winners of the top 3 get prize money and a rare card for 1st or something. for location I was thinking duel academy, but to keep it original it could be a different school (it doesn't necessarily have to start at school but I think it makes for an easier story to make or one that could have a lot more to work with, you could even introduce more characters through the different class years). Heck the story could even go from just having the school as a location to having to go to other schools and challenging people there, and it leads up to a huge world wide duel where teams from all the schools come in, as well as people around the world participate for the chance to challenge some very important person, who could be a villain for the arc or something.

Sorry that its all jumbled around, I just typed it as it came out of my head. personally I wasn't going to bring any of this up, but with the fact I've been searching many forums, reddit, and even discord and cant find a single yugioh rp running/that I can join or feel comfortable joining, I figured i'd throw my idea for one here and see how it goes. in terms of story if someone else wants to take the reigns or the premise and start up one then its fine, I just figured i'd post a "proof of concept" idea and hope that others want to join in or start one. 

• 2 months later...

oh alright then guess that's a no to that idea then. I was trying to see if I could start my own since
A. a lot of the ones I wanted to join were inactive for years
and
B. I thought it'd be fun
I even forced myself to set it all up and come up with ideas since normally i'd be shelled up and be too nervous to join an rp, but its kinda sad to see that only I've been commenting here. 

On 2/3/2020 at 9:29 AM, Bsha said:

oh alright then guess that's a no to that idea then. I was trying to see if I could start my own since
A. a lot of the ones I wanted to join were inactive for years
and
B. I thought it'd be fun
I even forced myself to set it all up and come up with ideas since normally i'd be shelled up and be too nervous to join an rp, but its kinda sad to see that only I've been commenting here. 

I haven't been in an rp before, sounds rather interesting, but hard to carry out. I'm afraid the activity in this site has decreased considerably compared to times before, and sadly most people is concerned about their own stuff, with some exceptions of nice people who actually take their time to give you help or counselling, so all is not lost. If it's from zero, I'd be willing to participate in an rp, but you'd have to find other people who is committed to the idea.

• 2 weeks later...

i like the idea of characters having evolving decks and, if i may make a suggestion, the best way i could think to do it would be for either you or all the participants to come up with a database of usable cards everyone can build a deck with and to expand it as the RP goes by facing opponents that introduce new cards

• 3 weeks later...

Archived