[Written] Chiaroscuro, the Sacred Serpent

8bit Moonside

Here's a mess of a card based off Duel Terminal lore and the art of Sacred Serpent's Wake:

Chiaroscuro, the Sacred Serpent

Level 8 | DARK | Wyrm/Fusion/Effect

3000 ATK / 3000 DEF

"Constellar Sombre" + "Evilswarm Kerykeion"

Must be either Fusion Summoned, or Special Summoned by banishing the above monsters you control (in which case you do not use "Polymerization"). This card's Attribute is also treated as LIGHT while on the field. The first time each LIGHT or DARK monster you control would be destroyed each turn, by battle or card effect, it is not destroyed. Once per turn (Quick Effect): You can send 1 "Constellar" or "lswarm" monster from your Deck to the GY; until the End Phase of this turn, replace this effect with the effect(s) of that monster. If this card is sent to the GY: You can target 1 Rank 4 LIGHT or DARK Xyz monster in your GY; Special Summon it, and if you do, attach this card to it as Xyz Material.

Nice! It's like a mini Stardust Sifr, I like.

Quick question though: why restrict the light side to just Constellars? If the dark side has all the lswarms, could you make the light side use all "tellars" (to allow tellarknights)?

Honestly though, that bit is really nitpicky. Overall, I think it's a solid card for its difficulty to bring out.

On 11/24/2019 at 10:26 PM, Tinkerer said:

Nice! It's like a mini Stardust Sifr, I like.

Quick question though: why restrict the light side to just Constellars? If the dark side has all the lswarms, could you make the light side use all "tellars" (to allow tellarknights)?

Honestly though, that bit is really nitpicky. Overall, I think it's a solid card for its difficulty to bring out.

First of all, thank you! 🙂

Second, yeah, that probably could be changed. It's mostly worded like that because as far as I've seen, "tellar" isn't technically an archetype... but Konami could always decide to print some combination Constellar/Tellarknight support and just use "tellar" to refer to them both. It's just that they haven't yet.

Archived