Graceful Charity

Horu

I had to agree with the above. While this errata did lessen the power by seemingly forcing your opponent to risk the value that already in hand for its cost, at the end of it its still practically [+1/deck thin 3] which the very reason why OG is unfair in the first place. Many cards still appriciate the discard cost for sending things to GY to farm value 

Ok. So I update it to skip the next 3 draw phases. So that should make it a -2 since it's just giving you what you would've pulled over the course of the next 3 turns at the cost of dropping 2 cards from the hand.

• 3 weeks later...

I chose the next 3 Draw Phases for because for the turn, it does even out as 0. But then it has the drawback of preventing you from drawing for 3 turns, making it a -3 in reality.

Think about it this way: If you run this with something like White Stone of Legend, this card is technically a +2 for the turn since on top of your normal 3 card draw, you'd be getting 2 BEWDs in exchange for the Stones you dropped. The original Graceful Charity allows you to discard after your draw (many people saw the advantage to that). I swapped it so you have to discard before you draw and yet, a shit ton of advantages can kick in. Run this with Dispair from the Dark and you get a free level 8 monster with 2800 ATK out of the deal. If you were able to combo that with Card of Safe Return, you'd be able to draw another card and so on. Just so much going for this card that even a fixed version would hit the ban list faster than Beerus beat SSJ3 Goku.

Archived