BS's Top 5s

~British Soul~

40 minutes ago, Zamazenta the OS-Tan Fan said:

Really? That's cool. Are you going to post TCG/OCG cards this week, how bout hand traps?

In terms of TCG, not this week. PHHY comes out in a couple of weeks time, and at this stage it's a question mark as to whether I need to amend my prelim list from the OCG side of the set as there's still 14 unknown cards, but we should know what those are within the next 24 hours when content creators open the set.

1 minute ago, ~British Soul~ said:

In terms of TCG, not this week. PHHY comes out in a couple of weeks time, and at this stage it's a question mark as to whether I need to amend my prelim list from the OCG side of the set as there's still 14 unknown cards, but we should know what those are within the next 24 hours when content creators open the set.

Alright I'm just tried of seeing just Rush Duel cards and not the Main TCG/OCG that's why.

2 hours ago, Zamazenta the OS-Tan Fan said:

Yeah but I really don't like Rush Duels you are always right to have your opinion I'm going to have my own but I hate Rush Duels and think they're a waste of time...

Fair enough. And whilst it's true that everyone is allowed to voice their opinions, there is a right way and wrong way to go about it.

20 hours ago, Zamazenta the OS-Tan Fan said:

I didn't know Rush Duels had Upstart Goblin.

Yeah, even though it can only be played @1 (due to its status as a Legend card), it does have a few support cards that can recur it.

Top 5 from RD/EXT1:
image.png.c69f177a9097fc8e0dffe1cdd2fd008a.png image.png.ab06d2e0405f1b6905683f0c3c5ef7a8.png image.png.edc75419a0991ba45381c34a626d7db8.png image.png.e48c069b6ef530d520e811c4e1af01c6.png image.png.dadf57a9ca0abf446f1ba1c5aca99eb0.png

Edited by ~British Soul~

2 hours ago, Zamazenta the OS-Tan Fan said:

I really wish we could play more then 1 copy in both Rush Duels and the TCG.

To be fair in Rush Duels the rules regarding Legend cards were changed at the beginning of the month, so instead of 1 Legend card per deck period, you can have 1 Legend monster, Spell and Trap per deck.
As for Upstart's status in the TCG, whilst I'd also like to see Konami move Upstart to 2 or 3, I can see why they're hesitant to do so as it's a generic draw 1 with no downside as LP clearly don't matter these days.

1 minute ago, ~British Soul~ said:

To be fair in Rush Duels the rules regarding Legend cards were changed at the beginning of the month, so instead of 1 Legend card per deck period, you can have 1 Legend monster, Spell and Trap per deck.
As for Upstart's status in the TCG, whilst I'd also like to see Konami move Upstart to 2 or 3, I can see why they're hesitant to do so as it's a generic draw 1 with no downside as LP clearly don't matter these days.

So what its not that this card is a Pot of Greed unlike Greed Upstart is not a +1 if you use Upstart you draw 1 card then lose Upstart which is a card Neutral in card advantage unlike Pot of Greed which draws 2 cards instead of 1 card... which leaves you with an additional card in your hand which is a +1 in card advantage you draw 2 and you lose Pot of Greed Foolish Burial is a -1 in card advantage cause you lose 1 card in your hand and don't gain any additional cards in your hand unless the monster you foolished as a GY Effect.

27 minutes ago, Zamazenta the OS-Tan Fan said:

So what, it's not that the card is a Pot of Greed. Unlike Greed, Upstart is not a +1. If you use Upstart, you draw 1 card then lose Upstart which is a card neutral in card advantage, unlike Pot of Greed which draws 2 cards instead of 1 card, which leaves you with an additional card in your hand which is a +1 in card advantage, you draw 2 and you lose Pot of Greed. Foolish Burial is a -1 in card advantage because you lose 1 card in your hand and don't gain any additional cards in your hand unless the monster you milled has a GY Effect.

I know how card advantage works, and with regards to Foolish Burial, yes it is a -1 in terms of hand advantage, but 90-odd % of the time, the card you're milling nets you value in another way, unless they Ash it, in which case it is a flat -1. With regards to Upstart and it being a net zero, having it at multiple copies is a boost to consistency, so when Konami limited it, they did so as a consistency hit, much like they would do normally when they're not killing a deck.

Edited by ~British Soul~
  • Shiba Inu 1

2 minutes ago, ~British Soul~ said:

I know how card advantage works, and with regards to Foolish Burial, yes it is a -1 in terms of hand advantage, but 90-odd % of the time, the card you're milling nets you value in another way, unless they Ash it, in which case it is a flat -1. With regards to Upstart and it being a net zero, having it at multiple copies is a boost to consistency, so when Konami limited it, they did so as a consistency hit, much like they would do normally when they're not killing a deck.

Seriously though why the Hell its still at 1 I get Instant Fusion or some other powerful cards but Come on Konami TCG needs to grow a pair of B***s and shut Bullshiting us already that card has been Limited for years now and I wanna se it come off the list in some way shape or form by putting it to 2 or eventually 3 copies soon in 2023 and early-mid 2024.

20 hours ago, Zamazenta the OS-Tan Fan said:

Seriously though why the hell its still at 1? I get Instant Fusion or some other powerful cards but come on, Konami TCG needs to grow a pair of balls and stop bullshitting us already, that card has been limited for years now and I wanna see it come off the list in some way shape or form by putting it to 2 or eventually 3 copies soon in 2023 and early-mid 2024.

I feel that one reason why Konami are hesitant in in moving Upstart off the list is because it's generic, but that's the last word on this matter.

Top 5 from RD/KP07:
image.png.ddeb73971727acce5237bc909c8a7939.png image.png.6a23122e8fe3c5803d7b0a1e4b4afee0.png image.png.9850f05d45bfec8cfc189ffdfc33d264.png image.png.3029fa193cc4329deef0705deac413ea.png image.png.af2c445f05c9e7db5a5393d8cb9864ce.png