Revendread Relapse

Bringerofcake

Revendread Relapse

Continuous Spell

If this card is activated: Add 1 "Vendread" Spell/Trap from your Deck to your hand. Your "Vendread" monster effects that give effects to Ritual Monsters apply if that monster is used for a Ritual Summon anywhere, instead of just the field. You can banish this card from your GY; send 1 "Vendread" card from your hand/field to the GY and draw 1 card. You can only activate 1 "Revendread Relapse" per turn.

Ah, a fix-all card for the archetype, huh?

Unfortunately, I never really got into using Vendreads so I only know how they play tangentially, but this seems really solid for 'em.  It essentially grabs anything you'd need at the time (since the monsters are all searchable via the field spell).  It keeps things moving w/ its grave effect too.  I guess the only issue I have with the card is how you'd deal with having multiple copies since the on-field effect doesn't actually do anything, but otherwise it's really solid all around!

55 minutes ago, Tinkerer said:

Ah, a fix-all card for the archetype, huh?

Unfortunately, I never really got into using Vendreads so I only know how they play tangentially, but this seems really solid for 'em.  It essentially grabs anything you'd need at the time (since the monsters are all searchable via the field spell).  It keeps things moving w/ its grave effect too.  I guess the only issue I have with the card is how you'd deal with having multiple copies since the on-field effect doesn't actually do anything, but otherwise it's really solid all around!

Yeah, band-aid design (as I like to call it) is not something I'm a fan of, but Vendread really really needs it. The intended use of the card is to help you get a strong opening (since it searches either the field spell like you said or Charge to just get a body on the field) while (obviously) addressing the deck's shortfalls. After using the spell, you can then discard the other ones to trigger vendread effects, then trigger the spells in grave to grind through the deck a little. The value is big, but ideally you're not activating more than 1. Vendread is kinda light on Spell/Trap stuff, so even if multiple Relapses are out it's not that much of a problem.

Archived