Special Offering

LucasW4R

Pretty interesting, there some wording issue and interaction proofing to be done, but its actually pretty interesting to me. Well besided obviously meant to stop Egyptian Gods to kill themselves upon special summon. It can be used to trigger things like say, Monarch or True Dracos effect. I personally think this need some cost in someways though, it doesnt have to be expensive given its nature as a trap inherent setup slowness. Question: its this need to be triggered in someways or its automatically convert the 1st special summon right away?

Bit rough clean up (trigger based):

Once per turn, You can Pay 1000 LP: the 1st time you Special Summon a Level 5 or Higher Monster that can be Normal Summoned/Set after this effect resolved, that card is treated as if it was Tribute Summoned instead. 

2 hours ago, Dr. Jolly Glot the III said:

Pretty interesting, there some wording issue and interaction proofing to be done, but its actually pretty interesting to me. Well besided obviously meant to stop Egyptian Gods to kill themselves upon special summon. It can be used to trigger things like say, Monarch or True Dracos effect. I personally think this need some cost in someways though, it doesnt have to be expensive given its nature as a trap inherent setup slowness. Question: its this need to be triggered in someways or its automatically convert the 1st special summon right away?

Bit rough clean up (trigger based):

Once per turn, You can Pay 1000 LP: the 1st time you Special Summon a Level 5 or Higher Monster that can be Normal Summoned/Set after this effect resolved, that card is treated as if it was Tribute Summoned instead. 

It was made with Monarch's in mind, mostly what inspired the idea but I thought it'd be good support for god cards and make them mostly viable. But I do like the LP pay, it does balance it out.

SO.jpg.07c8fe0aa6e9409eddc1456f9b9ce9b2.jpg

3 minutes ago, LucasW4R said:

yes, a tribute summon is a normal summon.

I mean, this card would be good to combo with something like Soul Release and Return from a Different Dimension to get all 3 god cards on the field at once and treat Ra as a Normal Summon so it doesn't die.

3 hours ago, LucasW4R said:

yes, a tribute summon is a normal summon.

I think Horu was asking if the card uses up your Normal Summon (meaning if you Special Summon a high level monster with this active, you can't Normal Summon anything else that turn).

If that's the case, then the card is actually heavily limited. In fact, it could probably be buffed, rather than weakened.

Archived