Something i thought of.. Need your Opinion on it..

Abe_Cha

This card is ridiculously overpowered. But I'll fix up the text for you:

If you have a Dragon, Fairy, or Spellcaster monster in your GY: You can Tribute Summon this card with 1 Tribute. When this card is Summoned, draw 8 cards. If you draw a Dragon, Fairy, or Spellcaster monster with this effect, discard your entire hand and inflict 4500 damage to the controller of this card. This card cannot attack directly. This card gains 1 additional attack for every Dragon monster in your GY.

Ways in which this card is OP:

• Draws 8 cards
  • Effect not locked to Tribute Summon
  • Effect not hard once per turn/Duel.

Pot Of Greed is banned for a reason. This is 4 Pots of Greed in one card.

6 hours ago, TheWanderingMist said:

This card is ridiculously overpowered. But I'll fix up the text for you:

Ways in which this card is OP:

• Draws 8 cards
  • Effect not locked to Tribute Summon
  • Effect not hard once per turn/Duel.

Pot Of Greed is banned for a reason. This is 4 Pots of Greed in one card.

thanks. I thought the fact that you'd be inflicting damage(like over half) upon yourself was a bit more than suffice, and i also thought since it can't direct attack, it was as useful either.

• 1 month later...

If you pool the lifepoints, it doesn't hurt as much.  Maybe try setting aside the cards that are drawn and/or making an opportunity cost that hits better like banishing cards face-down, skipping draws, negating helpful effects, setting an event condition that can end the draw early, or locking or setting the LP count instead of the LP just taking a hit.  Not sure if that will be enough to warrant an 8 card draw, but it is up to you.

Also, "An additional ??? ATK"-- something seems missing.

On 2/5/2020 at 3:23 PM, Abe_Cha said:

thanks. I thought the fact that you'd be inflicting damage(like over half) upon yourself was a bit more than suffice, and i also thought since it can't direct attack, it was as useful either.

Yeah cards that search/draw 2 or more cards is kinda hard to balance. Losing life is not really that big deal in card games i mean the cost might as well be "make your LP 100; Draw 8" but thats not a problem.since with the 8 card i just got i can combo it to form unbreakable board that might aswell saying to opponent "no yugioh for you" making the risk 0% since your opponent can't play counter measure

This card is insane. Is it possible to build a deck that runs minimal Dragons, Spellcasters and/or Fairies, get at least 1 of them in the GY and then make this card live with low chances of backfiring. Heck, you don't even need to run those types at all if you provide enough support to Normal Summon it with 2 Tributes, or just Special Summon it. Furthermore, some cards benefit from being sent to the GY or discarded (e.g. Shaddolls, BAs, Dark World, Dangers!) so even if you pay the cost and survive, you can exploit those cards. Not to mention that as a LIGHT Dragon it gets a lot of support, including Eclipse Wyvern, REDMD and Guardragons. And as if that wasn't enough, it can attack multiple times, wow.
You can easily patch it up, though. Something like drawing 1 card instead, or even 2 if you push it, should suffice.

Archived