ice ice baby

[UPDATE] The final Snowflower arrives.

ESOY_clVUAABS83.jpg?resize=300%2C216&ssl

DBSS-JP021 六花聖カンザシ Rikka Sei Kanzan Snowflower Saint Kanzashi
Rank 6 WATER Plant Xyz Effect Monster
ATK 2400
DEF 2400
Materials: 2 Level 6 monster
You can only use each effect of this card’s name once per turn.
(1) If a monster(s) is Tributed: You can detach 1 Xyz material from this card, then target 1 monster in the GYs; Special Summon that monster to your field, but its effects are negated and it becomes a Plant monster.
(2) If a Plant monster you control would be destroyed by an effect, you can Tribute 1 Plant monster you control or in your hand instead.

759_20200226044343_img_1_fRfFsKOxQHncocL

Rikka no Hitohira / Snowflower Petal
Water Plant / Effect
LV 1 0/0
You can only use this card name’s (1) and (2) effects once per turn each.
(1) During your Main Phase: You can take 1 “Snowflower” monster from your Deck, except “Snowflower Petal”, and either add it to your hand or send it to the GY, also you cannot Special Summon monsters for the rest of this turn, except Plant monsters.
(2) During your opponent’s End Phase, if you control no monsters, or all monsters you control are Plant monsters, and this card is in your GY: You can Special Summon this card.

759_20200226044343_img_2_fRfFsKOxQHncocL

Rikkasei Prim / Snowflower Sprite Prim
Water Plant / Effect
LV4 800/1800
(1) If a monster(s) you control is Tributed: You can Special Summon this card from your hand in Defense Position.
(2) You can target up to 2 Plant monsters you control; increase their Levels by 2 until the end of this turn.

759_20200226044358_img_1_166gaLhAEeklDMB

Rikkasei Cyclan / Snowflower Sprite Cyclan
Water Plant / Effect
LV4 1800/800
(1) You can Tribute this card from your hand or field, then target up to 2 Plant monsters you control; decrease their Levels by 2 until the end of this turn.
(2) During the End Phase, if this card is in your GY because it was Tributed and sent there this turn: You can Special Summon it, but banish it if it leaves the field.

759_20200226044358_img_2_166gaLhAEeklDMB

Rikkasei Botan / Snowflower Sprite Peony
Water Plant / Effect
LV6 1000/2400
(1) You can Tribute 1 Plant monster; Special Summon this card from your hand.
(2) If this card is Normal Summoned, or Special Summoned by a Plant monster’s effect: You can add 1 “Snowflower” Spell/Trap from your Deck to your hand.

759_20200226044413_img_1_NQ6ngTmVCILrchT

Rikkasei Erica / Snowflower Sprite Erica
Water Plant / Effect
LV6 2400/1000
(1) When an attack is declared involving another of your Plant monsters: You can Tribute this card from your hand or field; your battling monster gains 1000 ATK/DEF until the end of this turn.
(2) If a Plant monster(s) you control is Tributed while this card is in your GY: You can Special Summon this card in Defense Position, but banish it if it leaves the field.

759_20200226044413_img_2_NQ6ngTmVCILrchT

Rikkasei Snowdrop / Snowflower Sprite Snowdrop
Water Plant / Effect
LV8 1200/2600
(1) You can Tribute 1 Plant monster; Special Summon this card and 1 other Plant monster from your hand, also you cannot Special Summon monsters for the rest of this turn, except Plant monsters.
(2) You can target 1 Plant monster you control; the Levels of all Plant monsters you control become that target’s Level until the end of this turn.

759_20200226044427_img_1_S4gxGM7JdNl4XuE

Rikkasei Helleborus / Snowflower Sprite Helleborus
Water Plant / Effect
LV8 2600/1200
(1) When your opponent activates a monster effect that targets a monster(s) you control, if you control a “Snowflower” monster (Quick Effect): You can Tribute this card from your hand or field; negate that effect.
(2) If this card is in your GY: You can Tribute 1 Plant monster; Special Summon this card in Defense Position, but banish it if it leaves the field.

759_20200226044441_img_1_AX0Gj9zp7UO15Hg

Rikka Kenran / Stunning Snowflower
Spell Normal
You can only activate 1 card with this card’s name per turn. You can also activate this card by Tributing 1 Plant monster.
(1) Add 1 “Snowflower” monster from your Deck to your hand, then, if you activated this card by Tributing a monster, add 1 Plant monster from your Deck to your hand, with a different name from the first monster but the same original Level.

(yes, that is an optional activation cost)

759_20200226044441_img_2_AX0Gj9zp7UO15Hg

Rikka no Kazehana / Swirling Snowflowers
Spell Continuous
You can only use this card name’s (1) effect once per turn.
(1) If a “Snowflower” monster(s) you control is Tributed: You can make your opponent Tribute 1 monster they control (their choice).
(2) Once per turn, during your opponent’s End Phase, if you control a face-up non-Plant monster: Destroy this card.

759_20200226044452_img_1_pDKcFuAWmJQPSYl

Rikka Shinshin / Silent Snowflower
Trap Normal
You can only activate 1 card with this card’s name per turn. You can also activate this card by Tributing 1 Plant monster.
(1) Special Summon 1 “Snowflower” monster from your GY in Defense Position, then, if you Tributed a monster to activate this card, Special Summon 1 Plant monster from your GY in Defense Position.

759_20200226044452_img_2_pDKcFuAWmJQPSYl

Rikka no Usurai / Snowflower Sheet
Trap Normal
(1) Target 1 face-up monster your opponent controls; its effects cannot be activated on the field for the rest of this turn, then, if you Tributed a monster to activate this card, take control of that monster until the End Phase, and if you do, it becomes a Plant monster.

Source:

https://ygorganization.com/underpressuresamplenumber1/

10 hours ago, Zaziuma said:

Plant/WATER Archetype is awesome, Tribute based, strange, not sure why, but sure why not, interesting playstyle, surprised they don't have a Rank 6, with how easy it seems to make one with the whole Level switching.

That also surprises me. You'd think they'd have a large variety of xyz monsters, ranging from 1-8 like raidraptors, but they only have the 1 rank 8. 

Also, salvage seems to work well in this deck at a first glance, given the amount of low atk water monsters in this deck. 

4 hours ago, Zaziuma said:

Well there you have it, a Rank 6 as well as their Rank 8, though doesn't seem as great as the Rank 8 though.

I feel like they will get more xyz monsters over time, much like how Witchcrafters got new main deck monsters over a couple sets, given that they have quite a few varying levels and level modifying effects. The new xyz monster sure makes them a lot more complete though. 

An archetype that benefits from the plant-engine AND can trigger Hieratics thus the ability to enable Guardragon-plays. BUT said strategy might be inconsistent so yeah. Overall I do LOVE their design. Elegant to say the least ❤️

2 hours ago, BatMed said:

An archetype that benefits from the plant-engine AND can trigger Hieratics thus the ability to enable Guardragon-plays. BUT said strategy might be inconsistent so yeah. Overall I do LOVE their design. Elegant to say the least ❤️

I completely agree with you, this archetype is simply lovely, and the fact that it is WATER (my favorite Attribute) and lady-based is screaming to me "Build this Deck!!!" Whether this turns out competitive or not, I'm excited with the prospect. Gotta brush the dust off my Rose Lover.

5 hours ago, Rayfield Lumina said:

Whether this turns out competitive or not, I'm excited with the prospect. Gotta brush the dust off my Rose Lover.

The deck has decent monster effects, incredible spells and traps, and access to two of the best support types in the game, (WATER and plant). If nobody figures out a way to break this deck into the meta, then everything i know about yugioh has been a lie.

4 minutes ago, vla1ne said:

The deck has decent monster effects, incredible spells and traps, and access to two of the best support types in the game, (WATER and plant). If nobody figures out a way to break this deck into the meta, then everything i know about yugioh has been a lie.

I've learned to stay a bit on the defensive and wait to see how an archetype fares when released before I get too excited about it, but for what you say now I'm looking forward to it more than before. I'm far from an expert in meta affairs, so I don't know much about plant support, but I do remember Rose Lover and a certain card called Fairy King Truesdale that give all Plants +500 ATK/DEF while in Defense Position (don't think this can be of much use in the current meta, though). Salvage, like Ultimagamer said, Mistar Boy and Moray of Greed should come in handy. Sadly, there's only 1 Level 1 card, so Surface is useless, but Bahamut Shark and Number 37: Hope Woven Dragon Spider Shark may see the light of day.

To give you a glimpse of the potential, this deck has access to the r4, r6, r8, and r2 toolboxes, alongside being compatible with the plant synchro engines, so long as they avoid using the level 1 for the turn, they have the aromages on their side, the predaplant engine, the rose archetype, and the traptricks. the water support includes dozens of obscure, or well known techs that could buff their potential coverage, like white howling, bahamut/treatoad, absolute zero, and moray of greed. The list goes on. They probably won't be tier 1, but tier 2 is by no means out of their reach, and that's enough to take a couple regionals.

Archived