Crystal Dragon Archetype

dracoice113

So I was looking at some of Buddyfight's full art on the Future Card Buddyfight wiki and thought it would be awesome to make an archetype on one of their Dragon based clans or whatever, Star Dragon World. So this is what I have so far. I have more, but because I'm still relatively new to this forum, I'm not gonna push it and do two at a time.

2087972464_RedCrystalDragonAlmarone.jpg.029f9885c76d88112a56c464fafe575b.jpg

Red Crystal Dragon Almarone
Level 4 LIGHT Effect Dragon
1500 ATK/ 1500 DEF
When this card is Summoned: if you control 1 "Crystal Dragon" monster; draw 1 card.

Red Crystal Dragon Gamien

Red Crystal Dragon Gamien
Level 4 LIGHT Effect Dragon
1500 ATK/1500 DEF
During each Standby Phase: place 1 "C" counter on each "Crystal Dragon" monster you control (max. 5). 
When this monster is targeted for attack: you can remove 1 "C" counter on this monster;  banish this card and inflict damage equal to half of this monster's ATK.

Looks like a good start!

Just a quick heads-up: Almarone counts itself as part of its effect.  So every time you summon it by itself, you'll get to draw a card.  If you want it to work when you have a different Crystal Dragon, you should probably put "If you control 1 other "Crystal Dragon" monster..."

I assume you've got more ideas for the C Counters, right?  I look forward to seeing what you do with 'em!

There some wording problem, but just like above i agree that its a decent start

My only gripe is the monsters that use C Counter usually only need to use 1 Counter for its effect to work so the limit 5 for accumulated counter is a bit redundant 

On 3/6/2020 at 4:07 AM, Dr. Jolly Glot the III said:

There some wording problem, but just like above i agree that its a decent start

My only gripe is the monsters that use C Counter usually only need to use 1 Counter for its effect to work so the limit 5 for accumulated counter is a bit redundant 

I see where you're coming from. Thanks for letting me know. It's my first time working with counter-based archetypes. I'm putting the archetype on hiatus right now to work on another idea I had. I'm still trying new ideas out with the Crystal Dragon Archetype though.

On 3/5/2020 at 7:49 PM, Redro said:

Looks like a good start!

Just a quick heads-up: Almarone counts itself as part of its effect.  So every time you summon it by itself, you'll get to draw a card.  If you want it to work when you have a different Crystal Dragon, you should probably put "If you control 1 other "Crystal Dragon" monster..."

I assume you've got more ideas for the C Counters, right?  I look forward to seeing what you do with 'em!

Looking back at the cards again, I did see the problems you came up with. I'm lookin into it and coming up with a fix to them. 

Archived