Umm . . . (Yggdrasil)

Kanashimi

Idk lel, i'm bored rn so why not?

Also feedback is apreaciated :3

YLbt5IS.gif

Yggdrasil

Plant/Fusion/Effect

Must be Special Summoned (from your Extra Deck) by banishing 6 Fusion, Link, Xyz and/or Synchro Monster from your GY or face-up in your Extra Deck face-down that have been Summoned by its own procedure during this Duel. You take no battle or effect damage. Once per turn: You can send 1 "Sacred Tree Blessings" from your Deck to the GY. Gains these effects based on the number of your banished "Sacred Tree Blessings". ● 1 or more: Cannot be destroyed by card effects. ● 2 or more: Gains 1000 ATK and DEF ● 3 or more: Once per turn: You can return all other monsters on the field into the hand.

3000/2800

"When the life reached its end, and the world torn asunder, she arise from the path of the earthly continent. Source of life, the gallow of the Gods, shall restore everything into how it should be, her blessings and love, purify natures and comforts all creation."

W41u0mI.png

Sacred Tree Blessings

Trap/Normal

You take no battle or effect damage until the end of this turn. During your Main Phase: You can reveal 1 "Yggdrasil" from your Extra Deck, banish this card from your GY, then target 1 monster from your GY whose ATK is 1500 or less; Special Summon it, but its effects are negated, also destroy it during the End Phase.

"World and creation be balance as it must, none shall defy the law of nature. Her blessings, shine bright to protect all. When the threat comes, a single snap of her hand brought the fallen to life."

Ah beautiful work as always 

Long time no see btw

In a sense its a more expensive Sophia that sacrifice the anti-respond immunities for several new effect and once per turn field wipe. For the most part is a fair trade other than the trap being bricky and the expensive summon cost still need that "summon cannot be negated" 

Trap, decent i guess? Its not really amazing and the summon effect is quite risky.

EDIT: I MISREAD THE SUMMON CONDITION LOL, its actually cheaper. While i still doubtful about the trap, at least the monster does better. On the second review im actually think this maybe dont need the once per duel tag. Outside the field wipe, all the effects are pretty common place in irl modern bosses so its pretty much safe

1 hour ago, Guess im still alive? said:

a15oT1s.gif

Oh, amazing! I thought before of the possibility of using a gif along a card, but I'm not sure how to do it. This looks very nice. It is certainly a (potentially) very powerful card with a steep price in order to be Summoned, it'd be a pity if it's summoning gets negated by Solemn stuff and the like. For it's Summon cost and the fact that it can only be Special Summoned once per Duel, I wish this card had a destruction-proof effect (maybe among the Sacred Tree Blessing part), because a simple card such as Dark Hole, Raigeki, Torrential Tribute, heck, even Needle Ceiling could take care of this tree lady for good.

On 3/10/2020 at 2:27 AM, Dr. Jolly Glot the III said:

1) Ah beautiful work as always 

2) Long time no see btw

3) In a sense its a more expensive Sophia that sacrifice the anti-respond immunities for several new effect and once per turn field wipe. For the most part is a fair trade other than the trap being bricky and the expensive summon cost still need that "summon cannot be negated" 

4) Trap, decent i guess? Its not really amazing and the summon effect is quite risky.

5) EDIT: I MISREAD THE SUMMON CONDITION LOL, its actually cheaper. While i still doubtful about the trap, at least the monster does better. On the second review im actually think this maybe dont need the once per duel tag. Outside the field wipe, all the effects are pretty common place in irl modern bosses so its pretty much safe

1) Thx~

2) I believe so 🙃 , tho i rarely play ygo rn, only on db if im bored

3) [copy and paste this topic's title text here]

4) Im scared if i make it too useful, it ended up powercreeped the old cards like CotH, tho ik that reasoning is kinda weak, no one run CotH nowadays, so i will change the trap to be better/more useful then without the need of kinda hard condition

5) I was thinking of avoiding the abuse of this card's cheap summoning condition, then i realized when u replied that, "wait wtf, it already needs 6 ed monsters be banished fd, so it doesnt need opd" 🤣

The only thing this card has a unique value other than the other bosses cards is the "You take no battle or effect damage", why? I design it with an idea of "emergency boss monster if i already used a lot of ed assets", and "no battle or effect damage" simply means it kinda saving ur ass of getting hurt lel and flipping the table of current gamestate

On 3/10/2020 at 2:28 AM, Rayfield Lumina said:

1) Oh, amazing! I thought before of the possibility of using a gif along a card, but I'm not sure how to do it. 2) This looks very nice. It is certainly a (potentially) very powerful card with a steep price in order to be Summoned, it'd be a pity if it's summoning gets negated by Solemn stuff and the like. For it's Summon cost and the fact that it can only be Special Summoned once per Duel, 3) I wish this card had a destruction-proof effect (maybe among the Sacred Tree Blessing part), because a simple card such as Dark Hole, Raigeki, Torrential Tribute, heck, even Needle Ceiling could take care of this tree lady for good.

1) Simple, a) find a 2 similar but different arts, b) make 2 cards, in which same effects, but has different arts, c) make the gif and voila~, plenty of gifmaker flying around the net

2) Thx, tho i consider "can be negated with solemn or summon negation" as its weakness, because its already cheap card in an ed spam deck. As for OPD, yeah i will remove it

3) The thing with destruction proof is, from my perspective: a) too mainstream b) no one runs dark hole and torrential tribute nowadays, and targeting effects flies around heavily, but hmm . . . okay will change to destruction proof then

Anyhow, updated*

Monsters:

> Added "OPT: You can send 1 [The Tree Trap] from Deck to the GY" to make Yggdrasil goes strong easily.

> Removing "Once per Duel" summoning clause.

> Changing hexproof effects > destruction proof

> Making Yggdrasil gains effects based on the banished [The Tree Trap], instead of the [The Tree Trap] in the GY, so you can activate the Trap's GY effect without worrying it wont buff Yggdrasil.

Trap

> Changing GY effect, now without the need of taking damage, but limited to 1.5k ATK, negated effects, and destroyed during the EP

Also thx guys for the reply/input!

Archived