Draig arc Archetype

Yami Kiniko

so, beyond being a group of mostly level 4 dragons with unusual ATK/DEF values what's the point of them being an archetype?

the main deck monsters  don't interact with each other any more than they do with every other monster and besides the semi-consistent attribute based effects they're completely unrelated. in terms of actual usability they all rely to much on what your opponent is doing. in the case of Tywyll i also find the wording strange, firstly i don't think any card in yugioh uses percentages so that would make this an incredibly odd card, second at least 25% Light monsters to NS without tribute means your opponent has to have at least one light monster while they control four monsters or less, or two if they have five or six (assuming they get control of both EM zone) so why not just say if your opponent has any light monsters?
    other than the large stats of the level 12 the fusions aren't very noteworthy and have basically the same problem, no real synergy or connection to the main decks monsters aside from using them as materials.

I guess what i' asking is what are you going for with these cards? the elemental theme and basing effects on the attributes of your opponents monsters is interesting in theory but you haven't really done anything to make an "archetype", just a group of monsters with a shared name

• 4 weeks later...
On 3/22/2020 at 10:52 PM, 0PxPz0 said:

so, beyond being a group of mostly level 4 dragons with unusual ATK/DEF values what's the point of them being an archetype?

the main deck monsters  don't interact with each other any more than they do with every other monster and besides the semi-consistent attribute based effects they're completely unrelated. in terms of actual usability they all rely to much on what your opponent is doing. in the case of Tywyll i also find the wording strange, firstly i don't think any card in yugioh uses percentages so that would make this an incredibly odd card, second at least 25% Light monsters to NS without tribute means your opponent has to have at least one light monster while they control four monsters or less, or two if they have five or six (assuming they get control of both EM zone) so why not just say if your opponent has any light monsters?
    other than the large stats of the level 12 the fusions aren't very noteworthy and have basically the same problem, no real synergy or connection to the main decks monsters aside from using them as materials.

I guess what i' asking is what are you going for with these cards? the elemental theme and basing effects on the attributes of your opponents monsters is interesting in theory but you haven't really done anything to make an "archetype", just a group of monsters with a shared name

The theme is their Welsh themed. I also dont know how to support them, so help would be appreciated.

after skimming through some welsh dragon mythos and keeping in mind what the cards are in their current state i've got an idea

for main deck monsters a set of elemental dragons with various effects based on the attributes of your opponents monsters and the ability to SS themselves to your opponents field either with their effects negated or useless to your opponent in some way, kind of like mini kaiju having lower stats and not sacrificing either players monsters to do so. maybe have some level 2-3's with searching abilities, draw power, and other supportive effects that activate by giving them to your opponent then some slightly bigger monsters that gain various buffs based on the attribute of your opponents monsters.

for boss monsters i'm thinking a pair of massive red and white dragons that require specific combinations of attributes and can ss their counterpart to your opponents field either on summon or when you use an archetypal fusion spell. both have an effect that your opponent can only target that monster for attacks and that the controller of either fusion can only attack with that monster. each one would have the ability to tribute a member of the archetype you control to activate an effect based on that dragons attribute but while the red dragon has more protection oriented effects the white has more powerful battlephase-centric effects to make up for it's lower stats.

this is just an idea, i haven't looked into the practicality of it or thought about balancing but if you like it feel free to use it however you want.

14 hours ago, 0PxPz0 said:

after skimming through some welsh dragon mythos and keeping in mind what the cards are in their current state i've got an idea

for main deck monsters a set of elemental dragons with various effects based on the attributes of your opponents monsters and the ability to SS themselves to your opponents field either with their effects negated or useless to your opponent in some way, kind of like mini kaiju having lower stats and not sacrificing either players monsters to do so. maybe have some level 2-3's with searching abilities, draw power, and other supportive effects that activate by giving them to your opponent then some slightly bigger monsters that gain various buffs based on the attribute of your opponents monsters.

for boss monsters i'm thinking a pair of massive red and white dragons that require specific combinations of attributes and can ss their counterpart to your opponents field either on summon or when you use an archetypal fusion spell. both have an effect that your opponent can only target that monster for attacks and that the controller of either fusion can only attack with that monster. each one would have the ability to tribute a member of the archetype you control to activate an effect based on that dragons attribute but while the red dragon has more protection oriented effects the white has more powerful battlephase-centric effects to make up for it's lower stats.

this is just an idea, i haven't looked into the practicality of it or thought about balancing but if you like it feel free to use it however you want.

I got a Idea

image.png.eda80cd9c934e21d52f18de97a7e8a64.pngimage.png.85bf8bab5483c23381197290bbd71429.png

Support Spells.

battle flag just seems like an archetypal card trader, it doesn't really help in my opinion because, like i said before, the cards don't really do much. there's not much of a strategy to them aside from trying to summon Cymru, a fusion beatstick who's only effect is to get a little bigger, that costs at least 6 cards to make.

the fusion spell has an interesting self searching ability (not a fan of stuff like that personally in regards to making at least semi-realistic cards because as far as i know there's not a single card who's effect activates while it's in the deck) but it's immediately shot in the foot by being a once per duel effect. it has the same problem as battle flag though, there's not much for it to work with so there's not really any new play being created by it, the lack of synergy means it's just a self searching poly that can only be used for two specific monsters.

overall I'd say before trying to make support for the exisiting cards try to rework them a bit so that the deck has some sort of plan

Archived