Evil HERO Support [Written]

Thomas★Zero

Brining back some forgotten HERO's as Evil HERO along with some new fusion and support.

Evil HERO Ice Prison
lv 3 WATER
Fiend/Effect
If you control no monsters or only "HERO" monsters, you can Special Summon this card from your hand. You can only Special Summon "Evil HERO Ice Prison" once per turn this way. If this card is Special Summoned: Target 1 card your opponent controls; send the targeted card to the GY. You can only use this effect of "Evil HERO Ice Prison" once per turn.
ATK/800 DEF/900

Evil HERO Doomfire
lv 4 FIRE
Fiend/Effect
If this card is Normal or Special Summoned: apply 1 of the following effects.
* Add 1 "Evil HERO" monster from your Deck to your hand.
* Send 1 "HERO" monster form your Deck to the GY.
You can only activate this effect of "Evil HERO Doomfire" once per turn.
ATK/1600 DEF/1200

Evil HERO Venom Rose
lv 6 EARTH
Fiend/Effect
You can Special Summon this card (from your hand) by banishing 1 "Evil HERO" monster in your GY. You can only Special Summon "Evil HERO Venom Rose" once per turn this way. While you control a "Evil HERO" Fusion monster, your opponent cannot target this card for attacks or with card effects. You can only use the following effects of "Evil HERO Venom Rose" once per turn.
*During your Main Phase: Place 1 Venom Rose Counter on this card (Max. 10). All monsters you control gain 200 ATK for each Venom Rose Counter on this card.
* If this card is destroyed by battle or by an opponents card effect: Inflict damage to your opponent equal to the number of Venom Rose Counters on this card x 400. 
ATK/1900 DEF/2000

Evil HERO Phantom Nemesis
lv 7 DARK
Fiend/Fusion/Effect
2 "Evil HERO" monsters with different Attributes
Must be Fusion Summoned by the effect of "Dark Fusion". All monsters your opponent controls lose 500 ATK and DEF for each "Evil HERO" monster you control. Negate the effects of all face-up monsters your opponent controls. During the Battle Phase, your opponent cannot activate Spell/Trap Cards.
ATK/2500 DEF/2500

Diabolical Dark Fusion
Spell Card
Fusion Summon 1 "Evil HERO" monster from your Extra Deck, by sending monsters from your hand, Deck or GY as Fusion Materials (This Special Summon is treated as a Fusion Summon with "Dark Fusion".) For the rest of the turn after this card resolves, you cannot Special Summon monsters from your Extra Deck except "HERO" monsters. You can only activate "Diabolical Dark Fusion" once per turn.

Evil Combination
Spell Card
Activate this card while you control only "Evil HERO" monsters. Add 1 "Super Polymerization" from your Deck to your hand, then, all monsters your opponent controls are treated as "Evil HERO" monsters. For the rest of the turn after this card resolves, you cannot Special Summon monsters from your Extra Deck except "HERO" monsters, also all Special Summons of Fusion monsters are treated as a Fusion Summon by the effect of "Dark Fusion". You can only activate "Evil Combination" once per turn.

Ice Prison: I dislike this one. The On-SSummon removal is generic and it sends to the GY to boot, as opposed to the more common destruction; that's greedy. On top of that, it gets HERO support AND has a Corobane clause. If such generic remover has to exist in the game, then it shouldn't be a HERO, IMO. What you can do about this card is slap a condition on the removal effect related to HEROes, something like controlling 1~2 HEROes for example.

Doomfire: Another Vyon for HEROes. I must ask why. They don't need nor deserve it. The other effect is fine, although HEROes already have Stratos for their Evil HERO searching needs. Overall this comes off as a double down or overkill card.

Venom Rose: I find amusing that it seems you are familiar with the (from your hand) parenthesis PSCT, as you are using it in this card, and yet you won't put on cards like the aforementioned Ice Prison, or Volcanic Cat from your other thread. Anyway, this card is only good for its self-Summon effect and getting a HERO on board, the rest of the effects are rather inconsequential, IMO.

Phantom Nemesis: Who needs D-HERO Plasma with this thing around, right? And yet, it's rather tricky to Summon doe to requiring 2 Evil HEROes with different Attributes. Also it's great for breaking boards or giving your combos more safety if you successfully Summon this before starting your combos. I dare say this is the most useful card for HEROes of the set so far.

Diabolical Dark Fusion: It sends monsters from your hand, Deck or GY as Fusion Materials to... where? I will assume it banishes. If so, then this is pretty much a Shaddoll|Miracle Fusion for Evil HEROes. And that, frankly, is insane. They already got Adusted Gold to search Dark Calling, and D-HEROes have a Shaddoll Fusion in Fusion Destiny that further assists with setting up the Dark Calling. Thus, a card like this comes off as a greedy overkill.

Evil Combination: Not sure why this a thing. AFAIK Evil HEROes are not associated with Super Polymerization, not flavor-wise nor even mechanic-wise, as they don't have anything like omni-HEROes to capitalize from it. The closest to an Evil omni-HERO is Malicious Bane, which only works with Level 5+ monsters. So I don't get why they should get a card that grabs Super Poly for them, as if it needed a searcher to begin with. It appears you are pushing their ceiling just "because you can". I don't get the purpose of treating Fusion Summons as Dark Fusion Summons, either. They wouldn't be getting the protection that Dark Fusion provides, anyway, so what am I missing? And AFAIK this should be a more appropriate way to write the effect:
For the rest of the turn after this card resolves [...], also all Fusion Summons are treated as Fusion Summons with "Dark Fusion".

In short, Phantom Nemesis is the MVP card of the set, Ice Prison needs a condition to make the removal less generic and splashable, while Doomfire, Diabolical Dark Fusion and Evil Combination are overkill cards.
As a note in general, from what I know about HEROes, they don't need to increase their power ceiling, and that's what you attempt to do here. They got plenty of support and power plays already, and it doesn't seem Konami will stop giving them support anytime soon. What I would say they need the most is way to ensure their combos and plays, because cards like Ash Blossom and negation in general can stop them on their tracks. Thus, if you really want to help HEROes, you should be giving them tools to secure such combos. Hence why IMO Phantom Nemesis is pretty much the best card in this set, despite disliking that it can outclass Plasma so badly, which actually sees some play in modern HEROes despite its hefty Summoning cost.

Archived