Pendragram

Rayfield Lumina

Pendragram

Quick-Play Spell

(This card is always treated as a "Noble Arms" card.)

Take 12 Level 5 or lower Warrior monsters from your Deck and/or GY and/or banished monsters; your opponent choose 1 random card among the taken cards, and if they do, Special Summon that chosen monster in Defense Position, then return all other cards taken by this card's effect to the place they were at this card's activation. The monster Special Summoned by this effect cannot be destroyed by battle until the end of this turn. During your opponent's turn, If this card is in your GY: You can banish this card and 1 "Noble Arms" card in your hand or GY; immediately after this effect resolves, Synchro/Xyz Summon 1 "Noble Knight" monster from your Extra Deck using 2 or more "Noble Knight" monsters you control as materials. You can only use 1 effect of "Pendragram" once per turn, and only once that turn.

Card grammar check and critique is truly appreciated. I'm not sure if I should have used the "Take" term, but I think it's better than reveal or something. The "return to the place they were at this card activation" might sound weird too, but I based the "place part" from Necrovalley's lore.

Okay, I'll be honest.  I'm not that experienced when it comes to making cards and may tend to make a cost of banishment face down for my strongest effects due to how op my effects may be.  But this feels like a late or mid game card.  I like how you need 12 Warrior Monsters to make the effect here work .  Maybe something like "You can take" can be used so you can get it out of your hand and combo it with Royal Magical Library s effect .  But I can't say anything else of value at the moment.

Edit: "Take and place aside but not in your hand" might be what you mean.

Reveal 12 Warrior monster from your Deck, GY, and/or among your Banished cards, your opponent randomly picks 1 of them for you to Special Summon in Defense Position, then return the rest to the respective place(s) they were at this card's activation. The monster Special Summoned by this effect cannot be destroyed by battle until the end of this turn. During your opponent's turn, If this card is in your GY: You can banish this card and 1 "Noble Arms" card in your hand or GY; immediately after this effect resolves, Synchro/Xyz Summon 1 "Noble Knight" monster from your Extra Deck using 2 or more "Noble Knight" monsters you control as materials. You can only use 1 effect of "Pendragram" once per turn, and only once that turn.

Based on "Draco Face-off"

Not really knowledgable for Nobleknights but outside that pretty novel activation its seems like a pretty decent advantage engine

IMO your approach for writing the effects are fine, the "take" effect/mechanic makes sense and is used in Metaverse. And the rest may sound clunky but the effect is clunky itself, and as long as it makes sense, it should be fine.
I'm more concerned about the cheating potential of this card than its effect xD
Keeping track of the location of the remaining 11 Warriors allows for confusion or the player intentionally returning them to different places.
12 Warriors is rather extreme too, but Koomy has printed a handful of outrageous cards too, so it;s fine. However, picking 1 of 12 Warriors, and randomly by the opponent, it's unreliable, and IMO this card would be casual at best, if not for the GY effect that salvages it. Even if you don't get what you want from the field effect, the quick Synchro or Xyz Summon of a Noble Knight should come in handy.

Thanks @HQCardmaker  @Dr. Jolly Glot the III and @Darj for the feedback.

HQ, actually, I appreciate that you take your time to post something, you needn't say that your stuff isn't valuable, you're learning, the same as me 🙂 . I don't think this cards needs to be mid/late game, since you can take all 12 monsters from your Deck if needed.

I didn't want to use "Reveal" since 2 of the locations from where you can take the warriors are public, so I felt it looked weird to say Reveal for all of them. I haven't seen the "Pick" term lately. According to this site's ocg/psct guide, it's better to use choose. Then again, Draco Face-Off is a bit outdated, but solid proof, nonetheless. Thanks for pointing that out.

Well, yeah, 12 Warriors may be a bit too much, but it needed to be like that for flavour purposes XD. Mixing the places from where the monsters come from intentionally didn't even occur to me, but I guess there's cheating people who might try this. I did consider how unreliable the result can be (at the veeery best, 25% chance of getting what you want if by some reason you run 3 copies of 4 monsters, but a "free" special summon should be of some use, and as long as the opponent doesn't get rid of it by card effect, you can defend yourself for a full turn with it's battle destruction-proof effect since this thing is Quick-Play.

Archived