[Written] Ener-D Gear

Dokutah

Ener-D Gear

Quick-play Spell

Set 1 "Ener-D Gear" from your Deck then Shuffle 1 "Ener-D Gear" from your GY to your Deck. Additionally, if you activate this set card that were set by the effect of "Ener-D Gear" that shuffle an "Ener-D Gear", you can either draw 1 card OR Special Summon 1 Tuner monster whose its Level is equal or lower than difference between the number of cards on both player's hand from your hand or GY. destroy that monster either during the End Phase of this turn OR whenever a Synchro monster is Summoned
You can only activate 1 "Ener-D Gear" per turn.

A rather wacky card and concept. Needs a copy in the GY first but once you have it, it's a +1 per turn as long as the cycle isn't disrupted. I guess it's fine? IDK, Summoning a Tuner or drawing OPT can get out hand because the more turns pass, the more resources you have.

Oh interesting. The card is actually pretty fragile because as I read it, you have to meet both actions: Having a copy of itself still in the Main Deck to set is the first thing it has to achieve, then it has to have a copy of itself in the GY to return to the Deck. The moment any copy(or copies) is banished or you draw into the one you wanted to set from the deck, the dream is dead.

Furthermore, even if the chance is very small, it exists, that your numbers noted end up equal and being unable to get even a Level 1 out xD
Though at the very least it has a draw effect (that has a slight chance of killing the cycle) to fall back on.

At first it sounds like the extra copy is just gonna be dead weight until you build up enough cycles to generate advantage, and I don't know how many cycles you'll achieve throughout an average duel nowadays. That makes this more than fair. 

Needlefiber helps to not trigger the self-destruction if it ever becomes an actual issue (though I don't think it would be) and Foolish Burial Goods sounds like a must to help things get started.

If anything, I suggest returning the GY copy to the bottom of the Deck instead of shuffling it. I think if you can last enough cycles of it, it deserves to not be potentially disrupted by its own progression by drawing you the garnet copy xD

Also, I really dig the energy theme going on with this card. I could see an archetype similar to Koa`ki Meiru being built around this concept, with monsters' maintenance costs being "if you activated an "Ener D Gear" this turn". 

Archived