Venom Support (2 cards) [WRITTEN]

Tinkerer

Hello, fine peoples!

I'm hoping to try something where I make 2 support cards for an older archetype (1 Pendulum and 1 Link monster) and see if it can help 'em.  I don't think most support I'll make will make the deck meta, but ideally it should raise 'em a tier or two.

Decided to start with Venoms for no particular reason:

Venom Python
EARTH ***
Scale: 2<>2
Reptile/Pendulum/Effect
PE: This card's name is treated as "Venom Swamp".  When this card is activated: You can target 1 "Vennominon the King of Poisonous Snakes" or 1 "Venom" monster in your GY; Special Summon it, but destroy it during the next Standby Phase.  Negate the effects of monsters with Venom Counters except "Venom" monsters.  All "Venom" monsters you control gain 100 ATK/DEF for each Venom Counter on the field.
ME: Once per turn: You can send 1 "Vennominon the King of Poisonous Snakes" or 1 "Venom" monster from your hand or Deck to the GY; Place 1 Venom Counter on up to 2 monsters on the field.  If this card is destroyed: You can target a number of "Venom" monsters in the GY up to the number of monsters with Venom Counters on the field; Special Summon them, but destroy them during the End Phase of the next turn.
600/800

Venom Mamba
DARK Link: NE
Reptile/Link/Effect
1 "Venom" monster
You can only Link Summon 1 "Venom Mamba" per turn.  At the start of the Damage Step, if this card or a monster it points to battles a monster with a Venom Counter(s) on it: you can destroy that monster, then redistribute its Venom Counters on other monsters on the field.  Once per turn: You can place 3 Venom Counters on a monster this card points to.  If this card is sent to the GY, you can target 1 Reptile monster in your GY whose Level is less than or equal to the number of Venom Counters on the field; Special Summon it, and if you do, you can send 1 monster from your hand or Deck to the GY with the same name as that target.
800/LINK 1

Python gives the deck another use for their Counters and spreads counters more effectively than a lot of the old cards.  It also acts as a potential archetypal Soul Charge to benefit from Snake Rain.

Mamba is a Link 1 because Venoms aren't really known for their blazing speed (even with Python).  The card also offers a method for removal besides Venom Swamp.  Just like Python, it also plays out of the GY but helps keep it stocked in case you wanna go for Vennominon.

I liked this and I'm thinking I'd like to do this for more archetypes.  For now the list is: Cloudians, Flamvell, Iron Chain, and Mist Valley.  Anyways, as always, CnC is much appreciated!  Cheers!

The Pendulum approach is really interesting. Indeed the Venom archetype is interesting, unique and underappreciated, there are lots of opportunities missed to explore what could be done with it, but even with this cards i think it still lacks a few key qualities;

• - Lack of reliable ways to put Venom counters at any given moment. I'd suggest a reliable field spell, one that would assist you in this (to be fair, Aliens had a problem with this as well, until they got a ton of love and support from Konami). 
    • Idea: During each End Phase; put 1 Venom Counter on every face-up monster on the field. When your opponents Summons exactly 1 monster: you can move 1 Venom Counter from a "Venom" monster you control to that monster. Monsters (except "Venom" monsters) lose 500 ATK and DEF for each of Venom Counter on them. Each time a "Venom" monster you control activates its effect to put a "Venom Counter(s)" on a monster your opponent controls, add 1 additional counter on that monster.
  • - Lack of swarm mechanics that would not rely on your cards being destroyed;
  • - I really like your effect negation mechanic, it really fits the Python name, since it's (even if  it kinda reminds me of Alien Mars), It would be cool if it gets a pendulum counterpart and not just be a continuous spell. 
    • Idea: Venom Taipan:  Scale<>7  PE: Monsters your opponent controls with 2 or more "Venom Counters" cannot declare an attack. Once per turn, when a "Venom" monster is destroyed by battle or card effect and sent to the GY: You can Special Summon 1 "Venom" monster from your Deck with a different name from that "Venom" monster in the GY. (i know it's basically ripped-off "Amazoness Village") / ME: This card can attack all monsters with "Venom Counter" your opponent controls once each. At the end of each Battle Phase; inflict 300 damage to your opponent x the combined Level of "Venom" monsters you control that did not declare an attack this turn. 

Sorry to hijack your topic, these are just suggestions. I really like old cards and thinking out legacy support for archetypes i think are underappreciated. I just wanted to capitalize on all the aspects of the venoms out already so even their downsides could be turned into upsides (not being able to attack and only putting counters during your main phases).

Thanks!

Yeah, based on my (super arbitrary) rules, I was only planning to make just the one Pendulum and one Link.  I figured I'd need at least a few more things if I wanted to make Venom even remotely usable, so I really appreciate that input if I end up making more Venom support.

I like your other scale, but you might wanna fix the effect since it says "Viper" instead of "Venom" XD

Archived