Spyders

Woloa

Following a likely joking request for a spider archetype from another user and me remembering that Parasite Paracide exits and is gimmicky and weird I have created an entire archetype of cards that add themselves face up to your opponent's deck! also my first time making link monsters.

991566592_Image(5).png.b138975cfe277d99b6d5ce496bd26360.png

You may reveal this card in your hand: Special summon 1 level 5 or lower 'Spyder' monster from your hand then place this card face up in your opponent's deck, 5th from the top, when your opponent draws it they must reveal their hand and discard this card, then search their deck for a face up 'Spyder' monster and place it on top of their deck face up. If this card is discarded: special summon it in face up attack position. Each effect of Prototype Spyder may only be activated once per turn.

513166381_Image(4).png.f0d0092220400044c31ae79c91327b4a.png

You may reveal this card in your hand: Special summon 1 level 5 or lower 'Spyder' monster from your hand then place this card face up in your opponent's deck, 5th from the top, when your opponent draws it they must reveal their hand and discard this card and 1 card of your choice. If this card is discarded: Target 1 Machine Type monster in the GY: Add it to the hand. Each effect of Steel Spyder may only be activated once per turn.

Image.png.e9045490bd8127cd96a68b4d6f2d5609.png

You may reveal this card in your hand: Special summon 1 level 5 or lower 'Spyder' monster from your hand then place this card face up in your opponent's deck, 5th from the top, when your opponent draws it they must reveal their hand and discard 2 cards from it at random. If this card is discared return it to the hand. Each effect of Clockwork Spyder may only be activated once per turn.

214086015_Image(2).png.2ee61a280bf3b5a6874e3bf950eb346f.png

You may reveal this card in your hand: Special summon 1 level 5 or lower 'Spyder' monster from your hand then place this card face up in your opponent's deck, 5th from the top, when your opponent draws it they must reveal their hand, discard and discard this card, they may not activate any spell/trap cards the turn this effect resolves. If this card is discarded: Target 1 card on the field, Destroy it. Each effect of Chrome Spyder may only be activated once per turn.

231433403_Image(1).png.599039643060d6724dd89861a318aa3a.png

You may reveal this card in your hand: Special summon 1 level 5 or lower 'Spyder' monster from your hand then place this card face up in your opponent's deck, 5th from the top, when your opponent draws it they must reveal their hand, discard and discard this card, they may not special summon monsters the turn this effect resolved. If this card is discarded special summon 1 'Spyder' monster from your graveyard. Each effect of Plasteel Spyder may only be activated once per turn.

1730951279_Image(3).png.70260f87789f0fe345a1e756658faf7a.png

You may reveal this card in your hand: Special summon 1 level 5 or lower 'Spyder' monster from your hand then place this card face up in your opponent's deck, 5th from the top, when your opponent draws it they must reveal their hand and discard all monsters with 2000 or less atk, then this card is special summoned to your side of the field. If this card is discarded: Draw 1 card. Each effect of Obsidian Spyder may only be activated once per turn.

98643511_Image(6).png.d4c28dfb05b60eb73073f598acb305ab.png

2 'Spyder' monsters with different levels
'Spyder' monsters this card points to can attack your opponent directly. Whenever your opponent reveals their hand you may select 1 card in their hand and make them discard it. Once per turn you may have your opponent draw cards until they draw a face up 'Spyder' monster, if there is no face up 'Spyder' monster in your opponent's deck all cards drawn by this effect are shuffled into the deck.

1484161725_Image(7).png.d4e7d5584a8026fd297f56f61651d5f1.png

2 'Spyder' monsters with different levels
Spyder monsters this card points to can not be destroyed by battle. Whenever your opponent reveals their hand you may target 1 'Spyder' monster in your graveyard: Special summon it to your zone this card points to. Once per turn you may have your opponent draw cards until they draw a face up 'Spyder' monster, if there is no face up 'Spyder' monster in your opponent's deck all cards drawn by this effect are shuffled into the deck.

1614542439_Image(8).png.062cbb387761a7eeffea65f54d54e89a.png

2 'Spyder' monsters
'Spyder' monsters this card points to are unaffected by your opponent's card effects. Whenever your opponent reveals their hand: Draw 1 card. Once per turn you may have your opponent draw cards until they draw a face up 'Spyder' monster, if there is no face up 'Spyder' monster in your opponent's deck all cards drawn by this effect are shuffled into the deck.

1320800240_Image(10).png.ca7e178e599183b10d2a826371a92251.png

All 'Spyder' monsters gain 200atk and def for each 'Spyder' monster you control. Any monster your opponent controls that battles a 'Spyder' monster is changed to face down defense position after damage calculation and its battle position can not be changed while this card is face up on the field. While all monsters your opponent controls are in face down defense position: 'Spyder' monsters you control may attack your opponent directly. Once per turn you may discard 1 'Spyder' monster from your hand: draw 1 card.

377098351_Image(9).png.0c1ae912f7817fb9232f0389b14716f5.png

Search your deck for 2 'Spyder' monsters with different levels, add 1 to your hand and place the other on top of your opponent's deck face up. Spyder monsters added to the opponent's deck by this effect are treated as if they had been added to the deck by their own effects. You may banish this card from your graveyard: Make your opponent search their deck for a face up 'Spyder' monster and place it on top of their deck.

8 minutes ago, Redro said:

Just a sidenote: not really related to the cards at all, but I wanted to point out that "Spyder Spider" exists and would technically be a part of this archetype.

Well, I mean, if you REALLY feel like running insect support in a machine type link deck go for it, I don't feel like adding an 'except' clause to everything.

4 minutes ago, Woloa said:

Well, I mean, if you REALLY feel like running insect support in a machine type link deck go for it, I don't feel like adding an 'except' clause to everything.

Lol, that sounds like a challenge 😈

• 2 weeks later...

Okay, finally had time to check out this one. I have to say I would have loved to see something closer to a Muffet theme, but we have to work with what's there.

What I'm seeing here, is an archetype of downright broken evil creatures of bloody hell xD. A ton of monster with the power to S Summon their friends with effects that activate in the hand, then you see how the freaking spyder is climbing slowly and deliberately towards your face to give you a sweet kiss that will most likely discard 2 cards from your hand, will do something else, and if combined with Cannon Spyder, another discard, dude *shivers*.

On the other hand, it's obvious that this deck has the great weakness of running out of resources pretty early, specially during the first turns, and if don't get the spells that let you draw and search. It seems that your opponent has the best of chances of beating these critters if they do it fast, and try to avoid the effects that oblige them to draw cards until the lurking spyder surfaces and gives you her love xD.

Archived