[TCG] Photon/Galaxy with customs, advice welcome

vrxnmst.jpg

Monsters:

x3 Photon Healer https://www.cardmaker.net/forums/topic/393440-photon-healer/

x3 Photon Dragon Mage https://www.cardmaker.net/forums/topic/393441-photon-dragon-mage/

x2 Photon Thrasher

x3 Photon Advancer

x2 Photon Vanisher

x3 Galaxy Wizard

x2 Honest

x1 Reinforcement of the Army

x3 Galaxy-Eyes Photon Dragon

x3 Galaxy-Eyes Afterglow Dragon

x1 Ash Blossem & Joyus Spring

Spells:

x3 Photon Treasure https://www.cardmaker.net/forums/topic/393439-photon-treasure/

x2 Galaxy Cyclone

x1 Raigeki

x1 Dark Ruler No More

x1 Foolish Burial

Traps:

x3 Infinite Impermanence

x2 Back to the Front

Extra:

x1 Rising Sun Fang https://forum.yugiohcardmaker.net/topic/366863-rising-sun-fang/?hl=%2Brising+%2Bsun+%2Bfang

x2 Number S90: Neo Galaxy-Eyes Photon Lord https://www.cardmaker.net/forums/topic/392765-number-s90-neo-galaxy-eyes-photon-lord/

x2 Neo Galaxy-Eyes Photon Draogn

x2 Number 90: Galaxy-Eyes Photon Lord

x1 Number 62: Galaxy-Eyes Prime Photon Dragon

x1 Number 39: Utopia

x1 Number S39: Utopia the Lightning

x2 Starliege Photon Blast Dragon

x1 Galaxy-Eyes Solflare Dragon

x1 Black Luster Soldier, Soldier of Chaos

x1 Borreload Dragon

Notes:

-The "format" this is for uses the TCG banned list.

-I want to keep S90 as the ace and keep the overall focus on Photon/Galaxy but beyond that any suggestion is fine

I'm no expert on Photon-Galaxy but I know they play Galaxy Soldier for a Cyber Dragon Infinity play, Galaxy Knight for easier Rank8 plays, Photon Sanctuary for Link2 plays, mainly Solflare Dragon, Expedition for search and Xyz Summon set-ups, and Photon Orbital equipped through Union Carrier to set up the search effect.

Good call on running x3 of your custom Photon Healer. Its GY effect has no hard OPT whatsoever and that's stupid good. I would say in an unfair way, but Photon-Galaxy isn't exactly a meta contender so they can probably get away with it.
Unsure about Dragon Mage, though. It's basically a Monster Reborn that takes your Normal Summon, unless you consistently Special Summon it and IDK how consistent is Photon-Galaxy at that, plus it needs a target in the GY first. Doesn't look like a card you want to draw so you can test it at 1 or 2.
Photon Treasure is almost unfair. Why did you make something like that? It's practically a better Pot of Greed for Photon-Galaxy, and it's hard to outdo Pot of Greed in terms of power. Running 3 is a no-brainer, of course, but I question its balance. Healer and its lack of hard OPT was pushing it a bit, but this one crosses the border, IMO.

I got little clue on the Extra Deck, besides the aforementioned CyDra Infinity and Union Carrier. I saw in a gameplay they use Lord Galaxyon to search Galaxy-Eyes. With Thrasher, Advancer and your Healer around, Rank4 plays should be more consistent for them so relevant and match-up dependent Rank4s such as Abyss Dweller, Tornado Dragon and Bagooska may be desirable, even more so than Rising Sun Fang and the Utopias. If they can consistently Link4, Apollousa and Borrelsword ought to be more effective than Borreload.

38 minutes ago, Darj said:

I'm no expert on Photon-Galaxy but I know they play Galaxy Soldier for a Cyber Dragon Infinity play, Galaxy Knight for easier Rank8 plays, Photon Sanctuary for Link2 plays, mainly Solflare Dragon, Expedition for search and Xyz Summon set-ups, and Photon Orbital equipped through Union Carrier to set up the search effect.

Good call on running x3 of your custom Photon Healer. Its GY effect has no hard OPT whatsoever and that's stupid good. I would say in an unfair way, but Photon-Galaxy isn't exactly a meta contender so they can probably get away with it.
Unsure about Dragon Mage, though. It's basically a Monster Reborn that takes your Normal Summon, unless you consistently Special Summon it and IDK how consistent is Photon-Galaxy at that, plus it needs a target in the GY first. Doesn't look like a card you want to draw so you can test it at 1 or 2.
Photon Treasure is almost unfair. Why did you make something like that? It's practically a better Pot of Greed for Photon-Galaxy, and it's hard to outdo Pot of Greed in terms of power. Running 3 is a no-brainer, of course, but I question its balance. Healer and its lack of hard OPT was pushing it a bit, but this one crosses the border, IMO.

I got little clue on the Extra Deck, besides the aforementioned CyDra Infinity and Union Carrier. I saw in a gameplay they use Lord Galaxyon to search Galaxy-Eyes. With Thrasher, Advancer and your Healer around, Rank4 plays should be more consistent for them so relevant and match-up dependent Rank4s such as Abyss Dweller, Tornado Dragon and Bagooska may be desirable, even more so than Rising Sun Fang and the Utopias. If they can consistently Link4, Apollousa and Borrelsword ought to be more effective than Borreload.

Thanks for the review and good point. I'm going to update Photon Dragon Mage and Photon Treasure

Archived