Phantom Knights Support

Wildprince15

Hi everyone! It's been a while since I've been here, but I was having trouble with ideas up until now. Now, I know they just got new support, and thats actually what inspired me to make more. I hope I did well as I have not done this in a while. I ended up making more than I intended, so I hope you like them! Now onto the cards!

The Phantom Knights of Burst Shield.png

The Phantom Knights of Dust Guard (2).png

The Phantom Knights of Last Breath.png

The Phantom Knight's Fallen Fortress.png

Phantom Knights Charge.png

Phantom Knights Last Stand.png

Hello, fine prince!

It's good to see ya, been a few weeks, huh? Hope you're doing well!

The new support caught my attention as well, so I wanted to pop over and see what you made.

Unfortunately, I'm gonna have to be blunt here: all of them (besides "Charge") are extremely OP.

Burst Shield is an omni-negate while in the grave. As such, it doesn't "protect your field" so much as it suppresses the opponent. It doesn't even have an OPT on it. If it protected from targeting and/or destruction, it would make sense, but as it stands, it'd probably just be turbo'd into the GY asap just to build an unbreakable board.

Dust Guard isn't as bad. Conventionally, I'd even say that it was alright, but it does overwhelmingly power creep the other GY battle stoppers (Necro Gardna and Electromagnetic Turtle - who even has a "Once per Duel" restriction) Even though it doesn't feel as bad, I wouldn't want to see something power crept so thoroughly without Konami doing it first.

The Xyz shouldn't need an explanation. It's an omni-negate on a generic R4 Xyz. Is there really anything more to be said? For this one, you need to at minimum: lock it into Phantom Knights, lower its ATK, and lower its ATK gain effect.

The first 2 effects on the field spell are fine, but the third effect is insane. Even if you don't get its max benefit, you'd likely be able to use it for at least 1 card every turn. Even decks that only splash Phantom Knights can take advantage of this effect ridiculously easily.

Charge is fine, maybe even a little underpowered. It's actually pretty nice to get something like it to give active benefits to any Phantom Knights that stay on the field, but it definitely isn't the go-to card of the archetype. It could probably even be buffed so it works with the Xyz Dragons.

Aaaand... Last Stand is a one sided Return from the Different Dimension. I admit, with the field spell, you may not have a ton of banished Phantom Knights at any one time, and the effect can be "negated" by S/T destruction, but if you resolve the card once with 3 or so banished Knights, you essentially just win right there thanks to the sheer usable card advantage. I'd recommend that you hard-limit the card so it only summons 1 banished Knight. It still recycles and it's still searchable, but not nearly as game-breaking.

I didn't put suggestions for everything, but I trust you can make appropriate changes. Sorry if I came across harsh, didn't mean to be. I know that when you're away from card making for a while it gets a bit difficult to gauge your own cards' balance.

All that said, I hope to see ya around a some more; the place has been pretty quiet lately!

Cheers!

3 hours ago, Tythe Scora said:

Hello, fine prince!

It's good to see ya, been a few weeks, huh? Hope you're doing well!

The new support caught my attention as well, so I wanted to pop over and see what you made.

Unfortunately, I'm gonna have to be blunt here: all of them (besides "Charge") are extremely OP.

Burst Shield is an omni-negate while in the grave. As such, it doesn't "protect your field" so much as it suppresses the opponent. It doesn't even have an OPT on it. If it protected from targeting and/or destruction, it would make sense, but as it stands, it'd probably just be turbo'd into the GY asap just to build an unbreakable board.

Dust Guard isn't as bad. Conventionally, I'd even say that it was alright, but it does overwhelmingly power creep the other GY battle stoppers (Necro Gardna and Electromagnetic Turtle - who even has a "Once per Duel" restriction) Even though it doesn't feel as bad, I wouldn't want to see something power crept so thoroughly without Konami doing it first.

The Xyz shouldn't need an explanation. It's an omni-negate on a generic R4 Xyz. Is there really anything more to be said? For this one, you need to at minimum: lock it into Phantom Knights, lower its ATK, and lower its ATK gain effect.

The first 2 effects on the field spell are fine, but the third effect is insane. Even if you don't get its max benefit, you'd likely be able to use it for at least 1 card every turn. Even decks that only splash Phantom Knights can take advantage of this effect ridiculously easily.

Charge is fine, maybe even a little underpowered. It's actually pretty nice to get something like it to give active benefits to any Phantom Knights that stay on the field, but it definitely isn't the go-to card of the archetype. It could probably even be buffed so it works with the Xyz Dragons.

Aaaand... Last Stand is a one sided Return from the Different Dimension. I admit, with the field spell, you may not have a ton of banished Phantom Knights at any one time, and the effect can be "negated" by S/T destruction, but if you resolve the card once with 3 or so banished Knights, you essentially just win right there thanks to the sheer usable card advantage. I'd recommend that you hard-limit the card so it only summons 1 banished Knight. It still recycles and it's still searchable, but not nearly as game-breaking.

I didn't put suggestions for everything, but I trust you can make appropriate changes. Sorry if I came across harsh, didn't mean to be. I know that when you're away from card making for a while it gets a bit difficult to gauge your own cards' balance.

All that said, I hope to see ya around a some more; the place has been pretty quiet lately!

Cheers!

Thank you for letting me know this. I didn't realize they were this unbalanced. I have done what I could think of to fix them, and Will now repost the revised versions here.

The Phantom Knight's Fallen Fortress (2).png

The Phantom Knights of Dust Guard (3).png

The Phantom Knights of Burst Shield (2).png

The Phantom Knight's Charge.png

The Phantom Knight's Last Stand.png

Archived