Using Necrovalley PSCT for a protection effect

Eshai

1 Tuner + 1+ non-Tuner monsters
Unaffected by card effects that would move this card from your field to a different place. When this card destroys a monster by battle: Destroy all monsters on the field whose ATK is less than or equal to the destroyed monster's original ATK. You can only control 1 "Calculated Destroyer".image.png.c3474d6798696921d52fa7499157e8e6.png

"Unaffected by card effects that would move this card from your field to a different place."

Necrovalley PSCT:

"Negate any card effect that would move a card in the Graveyard (GY) to a different place."

Trying various obscure wording to create some effects that we wouldn't know whether or not we could make otherwise. I'll be posting my findings every so often. This is one of the various I've found over the past week. Other than that, I wanted to make the 2 effects involved somehow so I made a sort of Red Dragon Archfiend more along the lines of Burst Breath, except your destroying a monster by battle instead of Tributing it.

Yeah, that wording works with what I assume you're going for.  It's an extremely potent protection effect.  That said, because it is a very unique kind of protection (and its wording only exists on a Spell), there's a ruling question that I'm not sure about: Would this card be affected by Omni-Negates?

Example: You destroy a monster by battle with this card and trigger its effect.  The opponent activates Solemn Strike.  Would this card's effect be negated at all?  The way the card is worded, because Solemn Strike destroys (i.e. moves the card), this card doesn't seem like it would be affected by any of Solemn Strike's effects (even the negation).

Would be unaffected by cards that "negate, then destroy" but not cards that just say "negate", since despite being separate things that are happening, effects that negate then destroy are still just 1 overarching effect, both of which would be negated if you had something that negates a card that would destroy card(s).

Imo idk how useful the wording is, but I'd like to think pairing it with "Cannot be Tributed, nor used as Material." could lead to some really solid boss monsters. The idea that the two effects together makes a monster the opponent cant cheese seems rly good on paper.

Question Im getting right now is "does this let you move it from 1 monster zone to another" and originally I thought yeah but due to "different place" as a concept not being classified I may be wrong.

The card itself doesnt mention zones, as "places" are not necessarily zones.

I originally interpreted it as like <hand, field, Deck, GY, etc> and such

which is even weirder sometimes due to banishing technicalities

Archived