bhim's guide to Rush Burn and Burn/Stall

Well a lot of people are making half-assed decks that'll get you nowhere in life, so I've decided to take it upon myself to write guides for those of us who are less, fortunate in the field of deck-making.

I made this one quite some time ago, and it was featured on TCGPlayer last year. So it's the first of many to come.

As one would imagine, many people will probably begin to write guides. That's fine with me, just make them good. Kthxbai.

bhim’s Guide to Rush Burn and Burn/Stall

bhim’s Guide to Rush Burn and Burn/Stall

I: Introduction

So, you wanna build the best rush burn deck ever but don’t know where to start? Why don’t you start here? I’ll give you some tips to make what some people call “the only burn archetype that could survive the new metagame” This guide will teach you the basics of making a good Rush Burn deck as well as point out a few of the main cards and safety cards to protect yourself. Let’s begin, shall we?

II: Summary/Strategy

The main strategy of the Rush Burn deck is to quickly eliminate your opponent’s life points using card effects.

III: Card Info

Here are some of the cards used in this deck. Not only will I post the useful cards, but I will also post cards that can really support those cards. Okay, let’s begin.

A: Monsters

3475.jpg

Stealth Bird

***{3}

DARK

Winged-Beast/Effect

700/1700

You can flip this card into face-down Defense Position once per turn during your Main Phase. When this card is Flip Summoned successfully, inflict 1000 points of damage to your opponent's Life Points.

This card is a key component of the Burn Deck. 1700 DEF is enough to stop most attacks, especially when used in conjunction with cards like “Level Limit – Area B” and “Gravity Bind” and especially “Messenger of Peace” [see spells/traps] Flip it up and do 1000 damage, maybe attack, then during main phase 2, flip it face down again.

DR1-EN132.jpg

Des Koala

***{3}

DARK

Beast/Effect

1100/1800

FLIP: Inflict 400 points of Direct Damage to your opponent's Life Points for each card in your opponent's hand.

This card is just an awesome card. You flip it up and your opponent takes damage. If Infinite cards is on the field, this could really have its perks!

DB2-EN061.jpg

Cannon Soldier

****{4}

DARK

Machine/Effect

1400/1300

Offer 1 monster on your side of the Field as a Tribute to inflict 500 points of Direct Damage to your opponent's Life Points. Monsters used for a Tribute Summon or that are offered as Tributes due to other card's effects are excluded.

This is one of the BEST burners EVER. This card is just an amazing combo card. Basically, you just play scapegoat and that’s 2000 damage right there! Or, another combo would be with the new card Blockman! Leave it out for 4 turns, and there is another 2000 damage! Or Snatch Steal a monster, attack, and then sacrifice it! The possibilities are endless!

DR1-EN051.jpg

Lava Golem

********{8}

FIRE

Fiend/Effect

3000/2500

This monster must be Special Summoned on your opponent's side of the field by offering 2 monsters on your opponent's side of the field as a Tribute. This card inflicts 1000 points of Direct Damage to the Life Points of this card's controller during each of his/her Standby Phases. When you Special Summon this monster, you cannot Normal Summon or Set a monster during the same turn.

This card right here is the epitome of Burn. If it wasn’t for this card, people would not be burnin’. It’s a great card to use in conjunction with Gravity Bind or Level Limit - Area B.

DB1-EN050.jpg

Giant Germ

**{2}

DARK

Fiend/Effect

1000/100

When this card is sent to the Graveyard as a result of Battle, inflict 500 points of Direct Damage to your opponent's Life Points. You can also take cards of the same name from your Deck and Special Summon them to the Field in face-up Attack Position. The Deck is then shuffled.

Deck Thinning, slow burn, this card speaks for itself…

SD3-EN008.jpg

Solar Flare Dragon

****{4}

FIRE

Pyro/Effect

1500/1000

This card cannot be attacked if there is another Pyro-Type monster on your side of the field. This card inflicts 500 points of damage to your opponent's Life Points during the End Phase of your turn.

Get two of these on the field, and it’ll be tough not to win, so, umm… yeah…

B: Spells

SD3-EN024.jpg

Level Limit – Area B

SPELL

Continuous Spell

All face-up Level 4 or higher monsters on the field are changed to Defense Position and remain in Defense Position as long as this card is active.

Stall help. Your opponent can’t attack with that lava golem. You’re set for life.

image.aspx?cid=382730

Wave – Motion Cannon

Spell

Continuous Spell

Send this card on the field to the Graveyard during your Main Phase. Inflict Direct Damage to your opponent's Life Points equal to the number of your Standby Phases that have passed after this card was activated x 1000 points.

Actually, this is the epitome of burn. This card is what burners use to win most of the time. Your opponent will spend most of their time trying to kill this card. Getting two out pretty much screams victory.

DB2-EN196.jpg

Magic Reflector

SPELL

Normal Spell

Select 1 Magic Card that remains face-up on the field and put 1 counter on it. If the selected card is destroyed, the counter is removed instead of the card being destroyed.

Not really a burn OR stall card, mainly just to protect your Wave-Motion Cannons from death. Your opponent will have to work double time to kill your cannons.

24.jpg

Swords of revealing light

SPELL

Normal Spell

Counting from your opponent’s turn, none of your opponent's monsters can attack for 3 turns of his/her own. When this card is activated, opponent's face-down monsters at that time are turned face-up, but remain in Defense Position. Any effects the monsters may have are immediately activated.

Stall. What more can be said?

SD6-EN031.jpg

Nightmare’s Steelcage

SPELL

Normal Spell

This card remains face-up on the field for 2 of your opponent’s turns. No monsters can attack. Destroy this card during your opponent's 2nd End Phase after this card was activated.

See Swords of Revealing Light…

MRL-102.jpg

Messenger of Peace

SPELL

Continuous Spell

You must pay 100 Life Points at each of your Standby Phases. If you cannot pay, this card is destroyed. All monsters with an ATK of 1500 or more cannot attack.

This card is a good stalling technique as it can shut down some level threes as well. And, what is 100 life points in comparison to victory?

C: Traps

SD4-EN028.jpg

Gravity Bind

TRAP

Continuous Trap

All monsters of Level 4 or higher cannot attack. Their positions may still be changed.

Good stall technique. Just watch out for Jinzo or Royal Decree.

SD1-EN022.jpg

Ceasefire

TRAP

Normal Trap

Flip all face-down Defense Position monsters on the field face-up. Flip Effects are not activated at this time. Inflict 500 points of damage to your opponent’s Life Points for each Effect Monster on the field.

This is an awesome card!!! It can negate Nobleman of Crossout and then deal damage!!!! It’s plain to see why it’s restricted to one…

DR1-EN101.jpg

Secret Barrel

TRAP

Normal Trap

Inflict Direct Damage to your opponent’s Life Points equal to the total number of cards on your opponent's side of the field and in your opponent's hand x 200 points.

Oh how I wish Cyber Jar was unbanned… Still, this is a great card in it’s self.

DR1-EN267.jpg

Judgment of Anubis

TRAP

Counter Trap

Discard 1 card from your hand to negate the activation and effect of a Spell Card controlled by your opponent that includes the effect of destroying Spell and/or Trap Card(s) on the field and destroy it. Then, you can destroy 1 face-up monster on your opponent's side of the field and inflict damage to your opponent equal to the ATK of the destroyed monster.

I love this card!!! This is what helps you when your opponent activates their Mystical Space Typhoon or Heavy Storm or Dust Tornado or something. Then, you destroy that Lava Golem for what could be the game!

IV: Deck

This is a crappy version of a burn/stall deck I made when I first joined TCGPlayer. You can edit it in your own ways.

3 Balloon Lizard

1 Blockman

2 Cannon Soldier

2 Des Koala

3 Giant Germ

2 Blockman

2 Lava Golem

3 Solar Flare Dragon

3 Stealth Bird

1 Book of Moon

1 Level Limit - Area B

3 Magic Reflector

1 Messenger of Peace

1 Scapegoat

1 Swords of Revealing Light

3 Wave-Motion Cannon

1 Ceasefire

2 Gravity Bind

3 Judgment of Anubis

1 Magic Cylinder

3 Secret Barrel

V: Conclusion

So, thanks for taking the time to read up on this little guide of mine! I really appreciate it! Hopefully, I’ll build another deck and put that in here too! Also, don’t feel restricted to the cards I put in here… Experiment!

Now, as I said, this is fairly old. Obviously, there are new cards to burn stall, and the banned lists may do something to this guide... Make edits, and I'll put 'em in.

• 4 weeks later...

Nice deck! I use a burn deck too (though I don't duel very often), and you have a lot of nice combos I never thought of! I use a specific burn combo in my deck too, and I was wondering if you knew a specific drawback, because I'm sure you know the combo.

Secret Barrel Behind the Door + Ring of Destruction on a Lava Golem deals some good burn, right? Or is there something wrong with this combo that you can think of?

JyShin

Archived