Symphony of the Seasons

Rayfield Lumina

Symphony_of_the_Seasons_Heavy.gif.b7aa5ac1fcf8a20efa7ecb64a8466a64.gif

Symphony of the Seasons

Field Spell

If this card would be sent to the GY: You can return it to the hand instead. At the start of your Standby Phase: You can reveal this card in your hand; return 1 Field Spell you control to the hand. Once per turn, if you control 1 monster and it is face-up: You can target 1 monster you control, then declare 1 Attribute (EARTH, FIRE, WIND, OR WATER), except the Attribute of the targeted monster; that monster becomes the declared Attribute, and if you do, you can Special Summon 1 Level 4 or lower monster with the declared Attribute from your hand or GY, but negate its effects. Note the declared Attributes by using this card’s effect. Each time you declare the four Attributes in the order mentioned in this card’s text (without this card leaving the field, except by it's own effect), inflict 4000 damage to your opponent. You can only use each effect of "Symphony of the Seasons" once per turn.

*** At the end of the year, harvest the fruits of your effort ^_^

So, I definitely had to post this in Casual since I have BIG doubts about this card's capabilities. I'd like it to be really fun, using all those Elemental shenanigans. I believe this card could be usable in an Elemental deck with Dark Doriado around, maybe the upcoming Charmer Deck? Anyway, I was divided between having the Special Summoning effect coming from the Deck too, but in the end decided against it and restricted it to hand/GY. The final effect is there only as the fun factor, it probably won't see the day a lot, considering how hard in general would be to use it (having only 1 card with each of the attributes and also in a certain order seems hard as hell). Still, I'd like to know what do you guys think to make this card better. Also thanks to @Gym Leader Viola who might not remember this but taught me how to make a Gif card in one of her posts many months ago.

Oh, and while looking at this card, I recommend you hearing this classic song!

I very much got caught off guard by this card's changing image. It looks nice how it goes through all the 4 seasons. 
Spring = EARTH, Summer = FIRE, Autumn/Fall = WIND, Winter = WATER. Sounds accurate enough.

I like how it has the protection it does, although it leaves plenty of window to still get popped, be it by non-destruction removal like Cosmic Cyclone, or by regular destruction as soon as you get a third monster on board. 

It is a fun card that helps complete extra Deck and Tribute plays pretty well I'd say. Kinda tricky if you can't find the right techs to run. 
The target from the field already can be whatever you want so long as you have something of the right attribute to Summon, which means you need some elemental techs...  I guess something like Chidori in any Rank 4 build that can tech a WIND, but can't come up with one that can tech such things and doesn't already have the ability to do Chidori.... hmmm... It also doesn't work for LIGHT/DARK soooo.....

In all honesty I can't find a proper play that'd take advantage of the Attribute change very well. "Spiritual Art" Traps could do something fun, especially if you do something like Tributing a converted Sangan or Hyeratic with them. hmm.
It also can't take much advantage of Fuh-Rin-Ka-Zan  since it turns BOTH monsters into a specific, or Doriado because it negates the revived card's effect.
Still, just the revive is fine as an extender. Another plus is that it's not a sequence you have to Summon each turn at, you can do stuff like repeat EARTH forever for example

All in all, it works well enough although it's hard to find a play I'd call "amazing" for it. I like it.
And as always, cute imagery and I ended up listening to the full song xD

On 7/25/2020 at 2:21 PM, Sleepy said:

I very much got caught off guard by this card's changing image. It looks nice how it goes through all the 4 seasons. 
Spring = EARTH, Summer = FIRE, Autumn/Fall = WIND, Winter = WATER. Sounds accurate enough.

I like how it has the protection it does, although it leaves plenty of window to still get popped, be it by non-destruction removal like Cosmic Cyclone, or by regular destruction as soon as you get a third monster on board. 

It is a fun card that helps complete extra Deck and Tribute plays pretty well I'd say. Kinda tricky if you can't find the right techs to run. 
The target from the field already can be whatever you want so long as you have something of the right attribute to Summon, which means you need some elemental techs...  I guess something like Chidori in any Rank 4 build that can tech a WIND, but can't come up with one that can tech such things and doesn't already have the ability to do Chidori.... hmmm... It also doesn't work for LIGHT/DARK soooo.....

In all honesty I can't find a proper play that'd take advantage of the Attribute change very well. "Spiritual Art" Traps could do something fun, especially if you do something like Tributing a converted Sangan or Hyeratic with them. hmm.
It also can't take much advantage of Fuh-Rin-Ka-Zan  since it turns BOTH monsters into a specific, or Doriado because it negates the revived card's effect.
Still, just the revive is fine as an extender. Another plus is that it's not a sequence you have to Summon each turn at, you can do stuff like repeat EARTH forever for example

All in all, it works well enough although it's hard to find a play I'd call "amazing" for it. I like it.
And as always, cute imagery and I ended up listening to the full song xD

As always, thanks for the review, it's actually pretty helpful. I didn't reply until now because I have been thinking if I could find better combos due to your comment of this card lacking exactly that. It's not like I found something revolutionary that might explode the meta, but while organizing my waifu cards (lol) I noticed my Elementsaber Nalu. I said... mmm... Element, huh? Then I read the effect and said HOLY SH*T, this works! So yeah, I investigated the Elementsabers and discovered they all have different Attributes and the power to change their Attribute in the GY once per turn. I learned too that they have a cute Field Spell, "Palace of the Elemental Lords" that add Elementsabers to your hand, and the Trap "Elemental Training" that Tributes a mob to bring another with different Attribute. And I said... FREAKING HOLY SUPREME SH*T. So, yeah, you see how the combo goes, right? No matter what, the effect will take at least four turns, but now that it is "relatively easy" to get what you want on field, I wonder if the burn is not too big (but strangely enough, it works well with the annoying effect of Battle Skipping of the Lords). Anyway, so this card and the palace can be used in tandem, I modified this card effect so it has bouncing effect for both itself and other Fields. I'm so freaking decided to make this card work somehow (you can tell by the amount of effort I placed in creating it, it was not only snatching some cards from the web) that I might have gone over the top with the bouncing effect (maybe it can be taken advantage off with other fields?) Anyway, this card ended up being Elementsaber support, but I'm fine with it ^_^. Any thoughts?

7 hours ago, Rayfield Lumina said:

As always, thanks for the review, it's actually pretty helpful. I didn't reply until now because I have been thinking if I could find better combos due to your comment of this card lacking exactly that. It's not like I found something revolutionary that might explode the meta, but while organizing my waifu cards (lol) I noticed my Elementsaber Nalu. I said... mmm... Element, huh? Then I read the effect and said HOLY SH*T, this works! So yeah, I investigated the Elementsabers and discovered they all have different Attributes and the power to change their Attribute in the GY once per turn. I learned too that they have a cute Field Spell, "Palace of the Elemental Lords" that add Elementsabers to your hand, and the Trap "Elemental Training" that Tributes a mob to bring another with different Attribute. And I said... FREAKING HOLY SUPREME SH*T. So, yeah, you see how the combo goes, right? No matter what, the effect will take at least four turns, but now that it is "relatively easy" to get what you want on field, I wonder if the burn is not too big (but strangely enough, it works well with the annoying effect of Battle Skipping of the Lords). Anyway, so this card and the palace can be used in tandem, I modified this card effect so it has bouncing effect for both itself and other Fields. I'm so freaking decided to make this card work somehow (you can tell by the amount of effort I placed in creating it, it was not only snatching some cards from the web) that I might have gone over the top with the bouncing effect (maybe it can be taken advantage off with other fields?) Anyway, this card ended up being Elementsaber support, but I'm fine with it ^_^. Any thoughts?

I did not remember the Elementsavers existed, mainly because iirc only the field Spell makes them not run on +0s so I had a hard time figuring them out, though they are meant now that I recall to run with those giant monsters that require "5 of x attribute in GY" and do fun stuff. 

The burn is not too big. 4 turns and a protection effect that's far from flawless and requires minimal numbers on the field to be live is almost overkill. When I've tested the Sacred Beasts with the new support, I've been able to do 2 or 3 copies of "Gustav Max" which detach 1 to burn 2000 LP (each), it is not a hard kind of OPT, and they'll have another shot next turn. Trains and any other deck capable or Rank 10s can go there. Your card could literally burn 8000 or 10,000 and be fine IMO. It is almost as slow as Destiny Board although it has a useful extender effect, a tiny bit of protection, and doesn't require you to run 5 to 15 cards in your Deck that do nothing until you win with them. Still...,

Btw, I've been thinking on my last time I posted here and decided to give it a like to the card. I was overly focused on the quality of the effect but a card has a lot more than just that, and just for the neat trick of the changing arts and the seasonal concept, that alone is more than enough for it, and as I said, the card is a +1 monster from the GY or a quicker drop from the hand each turn so it is useful no matter what. Even if it negates the Summoned monster's effects and requires some elemental shenanigans to work (which doesn't even have to include all 4 elements. you could ignore the burn effect and just choose attributes A to B and consistently repeat every turn).

On 7/28/2020 at 9:19 PM, Sleepy said:

I did not remember the Elementsavers existed, mainly because iirc only the field Spell makes them not run on +0s so I had a hard time figuring them out, though they are meant now that I recall to run with those giant monsters that require "5 of x attribute in GY" and do fun stuff. 

Not many people does, it seems xD. I had to see Nalu to actually remember. I wish they were better, though. You know me, I like multi-elemental gimmicks. There's also the fact that I like the Lord's Artworks quite a bit, specially Moulinglacia's (which also has the best effect, imo).

The burn is not too big. 4 turns and a protection effect that's far from flawless and requires minimal numbers on the field to be live is almost overkill. When I've tested the Sacred Beasts with the new support, I've been able to do 2 or 3 copies of "Gustav Max" which detach 1 to burn 2000 LP (each), it is not a hard kind of OPT, and they'll have another shot next turn. Trains and any other deck capable or Rank 10s can go there. Your card could literally burn 8000 or 10,000 and be fine IMO. It is almost as slow as Destiny Board although it has a useful extender effect, a tiny bit of protection, and doesn't require you to run 5 to 15 cards in your Deck that do nothing until you win with them. Still...,

Mmm... I see. Goodness, yeah, I have to keep in mind those hyper-violent Decks in the meta. I remember those times when there was the Wave-Motion Cannon and you were praying like crazy, expecting that your almighty De-Spells would arrive to save you xD. Then MST arrived and heck if you used if you knew your opponent had the Cannon, lol, what times.

Btw, I've been thinking on my last time I posted here and decided to give it a like to the card. I was overly focused on the quality of the effect but a card has a lot more than just that, and just for the neat trick of the changing arts and the seasonal concept, that alone is more than enough for it, and as I said, the card is a +1 monster from the GY or a quicker drop from the hand each turn so it is useful no matter what. Even if it negates the Summoned monster's effects and requires some elemental shenanigans to work (which doesn't even have to include all 4 elements. you could ignore the burn effect and just choose attributes A to B and consistently repeat every turn).

That's considerate of you 🙂. But yeah, the burn effect was always intended to be a plus, the main idea is to help with the multi-elemental Summoning. After making the adjustments, I had this thing bothering me about the Field Bouncing effect. It's no good as it was, because you could use a Field's OPT Ignition effect, bounce it back to the hand, use this card's effect, activate the bounced Field again (returning this card to the hand by it's own effect) and activating the other Field's OPT effects again. That was no good, so now the bouncing effect of Symphony is activated at the start of the Standby Phase, that way the card is more realistic as it prevents the aforementioned abuse.

Archived