Spiritual support

talgoose

as you should know, i'm not enjoy to play with archetypes, and for the same i desgined support fro spiritual monsters, since they can be used in other decks, contrary to what happens with the archetypes.

What do you think @Rayfield Lumina, and @Dr. Jolly Glot the III? one of them you already know him, but i modified him a bit, and i've decided to focus the charm into defend against spells:

spiritual support.png

Well, @talgoose, the thing is that Spirits are pretty restricted to work for themselves, not many choices beside those Pendulum Spirits or the Shinob archetype. In a sense, you're making support for either of those archetypes or the Spirit "ability", which in a sense is like an archetype xD. Anywho, to the cards:

First of all: Why did you give Ryujin and Sakuya 1430 DEF and 830 ATK respectively? That's pretty weird, although not unseen. There are those cards Panic used that have even stranger numbers. I'm... not exactly in favour of it, but it's not a "wrong" thing.

Ryujin seems good enough. It needs a Tribute, so is slow, and the Battle Phase skipping is rough, so I guess it's well balanced.

I'd definitely remove the part in Sakuya's effect that prevents you from drawing a card. The discarding cost is plenty enough, imo, and banishing Spell/Traps is handy but not as potent as being able to banish Monsters. Discarding Spirits is normally not too nice for them, so yeah, I believe you should remove that draw skipping clause.

Offering is strong, very strong... I'm not sure if it'd be allowed in the meta, but Spirits aren't exactly wonderful, and just maybe, I believe this card is fair enough. It makes me think of Moray of Greed, except this one requires only an specific card and has the no-Set clause.

The Charm looks good. You need to be careful as not to run out of Spirits, I feel it's a nice touch. Don't want to sound like broken record, but don't forget Pendulum Spirit monsters don't count as Spirit monsters if being used as a Pendulum Spell Card, so the effect hardly see the light with the Normal Spells unless you can somehow control Spirits during your opponent's turn. I already gave you a suggestion in the previous post as what kind of wording might be useful for including the Pendulum Spirits while they're treated as spells to make better use of the Charm's negation effect.

On 7/31/2020 at 1:25 PM, Rayfield Lumina said:

Well, @talgoose, the thing is that Spirits are pretty restricted to work for themselves, not many choices beside those Pendulum Spirits or the Shinob archetype. In a sense, you're making support for either of those archetypes or the Spirit "ability", which in a sense is like an archetype xD. Anywho, to the cards:

First of all: Why did you give Ryujin and Sakuya 1430 DEF and 830 ATK respectively? That's pretty weird, although not unseen. There are those cards Panic used that have even stranger numbers. I'm... not exactly in favour of it, but it's not a "wrong" thing.

Ryujin seems good enough. It needs a Tribute, so is slow, and the Battle Phase skipping is rough, so I guess it's well balanced.

I'd definitely remove the part in Sakuya's effect that prevents you from drawing a card. The discarding cost is plenty enough, imo, and banishing Spell/Traps is handy but not as potent as being able to banish Monsters. Discarding Spirits is normally not too nice for them, so yeah, I believe you should remove that draw skipping clause.

Offering is strong, very strong... I'm not sure if it'd be allowed in the meta, but Spirits aren't exactly wonderful, and just maybe, I believe this card is fair enough. It makes me think of Moray of Greed, except this one requires only an specific card and has the no-Set clause.

The Charm looks good. You need to be careful as not to run out of Spirits, I feel it's a nice touch. Don't want to sound like broken record, but don't forget Pendulum Spirit monsters don't count as Spirit monsters if being used as a Pendulum Spell Card, so the effect hardly see the light with the Normal Spells unless you can somehow control Spirits during your opponent's turn. I already gave you a suggestion in the previous post as what kind of wording might be useful for including the Pendulum Spirits while they're treated as spells to make better use of the Charm's negation effect.

i didn't forgot that about the protector charm, to use it is pretty simple: notice how both sakuya and ryujin don't have the restriction that prevent them from being special summoned and their return to the hand condition only applies to their normal summoning, and remember the martial arts spirit: kuro-obi, yoko-zuna and kai-den, also there is izanagai, if anything i must modify it to especifially state only in the main monster field zone...

and what do you think of sakuya's artwork? if you'rewondering i based her after konohana-sakuya-hime, the kami goddes of the cherry trees and spring, but also of the fuji volcan (that's why her fire atribute)

5 minutes ago, talgoose said:

i didn't forgot that about the protector charm, to use it is pretty simple: notice how both sakuya and ryujin don't have the restriction that prevent them from being special summoned and their return to the hand condition only applies to their normal summoning, and remember the martial arts spirit: kuro-obi, yoko-zuna and kai-den, also there is izanagai, if anything i must modify it to especifially state only in the main monster field zone...

Yeah, I'm aware of that strategy, just making sure you considered that bit of info. Also... man, a little of gratitude for the time I take to write the analysis when you tag me to check your cards would go along. I actually do it with pleasure, but dude, your replies mostly consist of you defending your cards, a simple like or a "thanks" would be nice.

31 minutes ago, Rayfield Lumina said:

Yeah, I'm aware of that strategy, just making sure you considered that bit of info. Also... man, a little of gratitude for the time I take to write the analysis when you tag me to check your cards would go along. I actually do it with pleasure, but dude, your replies mostly consist of you defending your cards, a simple like or a "thanks" would be nice.

sorry for that, and REALLY THANKS for take the annoyance of feedback me 😄

On 7/31/2020 at 1:25 PM, Rayfield Lumina said:

4 hours ago, Rayfield Lumina said:

and in overall what do you think of Sakuya's artwork? i designed her after the kami goddes of the cherry trees and spring, but also the fuji volcano (that's why her fire atribute)

also, i rewritte the effects of the sprirtual support with your feedback, thank you for the helping:

spiritsupport.png

I sincerely like it. It's cool how you added a nice series of symbolism, the "rope", the sakura-like wings the shape of the antennae. The colour contrast well with the classic spirit background. Offering of Power's art  is actually very simple and also well done, it works. Sometimes simple = better.

Didn't want to sound mean before, but yeah, it's good to know the other person is thankful for the reply. I have said this before, but I'm not the most knowledgeable compared to some of the older members here, but feel free to give me a call whenever you want some feedback 🙂.

Archived