Swords of Incinerating Light

Thomas★Zero

Swords of Incinerating Light
Spell Card
After activation, it remains on the field. When this card is activated: Place 3 Incinerating Light Sword Counters on this card. While this card has a Incinerating Light Sword Counter on it, your opponents monsters cannot attack. During each of your opponents End Phases, remove 1 Incinerating Light Sword Counter from this card. If your opponent Normal or Special Summons a monster: You can remove 1 Incinerating Light Sword Counter from this card; destroy the summoned monster and inflict damage to your opponent equal to the summoned monsters original ATK. You can only activate this effect of "Swords of Incinerating Light" once per turn. If this card has no Incinerating Light Sword Counters on it: Destroy this card.

Putting aside the fact that "Swords of Burning Light" already exists, this has a pretty interesting concept to it. Functionally similar to Swords of Revealing Light, but slightly changed to include a method to eat up turns of safety in exchange for summon negation and a bit of free burn damage. I genuinely like this concept, however, I'm not sure about the wording on the first clause - I've never seen a card have that clause, so I'm not sure if it's accurate. Why not just make it a Continuous Spell and do away with that first clause, since it would still function the same way if u did that, even down to the self-destruction condition. Only reason I could see that u dont want to make it a Continuous Spell is so it gets supportive play access from cards like "Magician of Faith", but I'm not sure thats necessary.

Archived