Overlayer [WRITTEN]

Tinkerer

Overlayer
FIRE *
<<Picture looks like a mischievous imp with overlay lights surrounding it>>
Fiend/Effect
You can target 1 monster you control with a Level; Special Summon this card from your hand, and if you do, its Level becomes the same as the target.  You cannot Special Summon monsters from the Extra Deck for the rest of the turn except Xyz monsters.  An Xyz Monster that has this card as material gains this effect:
- This card gains 100 ATK/DEF for each Xyz Material.  If this card would be destroyed by battle or card effect, you can detach 2 materials from this card instead.
(Quick Effect): You can target 1 Xyz Monster you control; attach this card from your hand or field to it as material.  You can only use this effect of "Overlayer" once per turn.
100/100

Just a simple generic Material adder/Xyz maker.

@Mr Melon, Ta-dah, here's your pic xD:

1248793193_Screenshot2020-10-28at14_11_06.png.785f183ff3de77cbfc81633c94be65ff.png

Anywho, I like the card's simplicity and effectiveness. I imagine a Volcasaurus and every other generic Xyz will kill to have it around. Unless you did it on purpose (like sometimes you do xD) there's an oversight in the grammar, where it says it gains 100 ATK. You'd need to change it to material, and specify if it gains 100 ATK for each material attached to it,  or on the field/your field. As you know, I like protective effects, so it's nice you can at least let the Xyz Monster stay on the field if something bad happens. I'm not really sure about this last, but I don't remember seeing a card effect in which the "Gain X" effect is not placed as the last effect in the card (but before a clause). Don't mind this too much, though, it just stroke me as a lil' odd, but order of effects is not my forte xD.

Alola!

That's a Pokémon isn't it? Are you trying to tell me something Ray? XD

In any case, you're probably correct about the grammar. I made this on my phone and didn't really look up cards for comparison other than Zoodiac Whiptail, so I'd imagine there are quite a few PSCT errors.

Yeah, it's Impidimp, but I'm not trying to say anything in particular. You said "mischievous" imp and that came to mind immediately xD.

I don't see any errors beyond the Xyz material thingy and specifying which are included in the effect. Like I mentioned before, I can't be sure if it's a rule of sorts to leave bullet effects to the end. In the example you mention the Quick Effect goes first, then the bullet effect, so there's that.

You know what'd be nasty? If this card could be treated as the same type as the target. That could include a lot of others Xyz which ask for 2+ monsters with the same type. This friend could become meta, imo xD

Archived