Gun Laws or Security

Horu

So the venues that becomes targets of mass shootings is always somewhere that everyone is completely defenseless.

You can remedy this making guns illegal. The problem with this is it didn't work with drugs, human and sex trafficking. So removing a legal means to obtain something means there is always an illegal way to get it and get more of it.

Or

You can remedy this with armed security and metal detectors. This approach is a rather simple one. They already use it in prisons, airports and some schools. Not a new concept at all.

Just saying that making guns illegal is like feeding you sheep to wolves. But having armed security and a metal detector is like putting a dog and a gate between the wolves and the sheep.

I don't know a lot of folks that like going out to the pasture in the morning and finding all their sheep dead. Hence, why they likely have a big scary dog and a fence.

• 2 months later...
On 11/7/2020 at 5:51 PM, vla1ne said:

gun sales exploded by almost 300% across the country, i get the feeling that the next person to claim they're gonna take away guns will simply vanish.

Now this I agree with. Fuck off with that gun control bullshit.

To put this simply. Guns are tools. No different than a hammer, chainsaw or knife. They can't do anything unless somebody is holding them. Another thing is that the majority of gun related deaths are due to handguns and not the big scary guns that the government is actually trying to take away. Another problem is background checks. The guy that shot up the concert in Vegas, the guy that shot up the theater in Colorado, the guy that shot up the night club in Florida, all had clean records. So obviously, a background check is a flawed method for deciding if somebody should have a gun. I guess you could always do a military level psych evalution.

Archived