Outbreak

TheWanderingMist

Outbreak

SPELL

Normal

Effect: 

Target 1 non-Zombie monster in a Main Monster Zone.  That target gains the following effect.

- This card becomes a Zombie monster and its DEF becomes 0.  This card's printed effects are negated.  During the End Phase, non-Zombie monsters adjacent to this card (and, if this card is in the leftmost or rightmost Main Monster Zone, also in this card's column) gain this effect.  (You can only gain this effect once per turn.)

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Not sure if this belongs in Experimental or not. The main point is that the effect keeps spreading itself, and the only safe place for non-Zombies is the Extra Monster Zone, since only the initial activation requires targeting. Not sure if I worded it right to get it to function correctly.

I think it's works out pretty well.  It's like some kind of zombie plague.

I think the only thing that might be iffy is the last part: "and then they gain this card's 2nd effect."  Because it is an effect that is given to the monster itself, the monster may have a different "2nd effect".  Does that make sense?

I'd probably suggest reworking the effect to something like:

Target 1 non-Zombie monster in a Main Monster Zone.  That target gains the following effect.

- This card becomes a Zombie monster and its DEF becomes 0.  This card's printed effects are negated.  During the End Phase, non-Zombie monsters adjacent to this card (and, if this card is in the leftmost or rightmost Main Monster Zone, also in this card's column) gain this effect.  (You can only gain this effect once per turn.)

Removed the first part since it became redundant and altered the type of once per turn so it works as intended.

Outside the wording, it's a pretty neat form of monster negation and you could do some silly things like using Super Poly on your opponent's "infected" monsters to summon "Dragonecro Nethersoul Dragon", or lock them out of plays by comboing with "Rivalry of Warlords".  I can't think of too many cards that would directly relate to 0 DEF, but I'm sure you could take advantage of that aspect too.

Cool card!

56 minutes ago, Mr Melon said:

I think it's works out pretty well.  It's like some kind of zombie plague.

I think the only thing that might be iffy is the last part: "and then they gain this card's 2nd effect."  Because it is an effect that is given to the monster itself, the monster may have a different "2nd effect".  Does that make sense?

I'd probably suggest reworking the effect to something like:

Removed the first part since it became redundant and altered the type of once per turn so it works as intended.

Outside the wording, it's a pretty neat form of monster negation and you could do some silly things like using Super Poly on your opponent's "infected" monsters to summon "Dragonecro Nethersoul Dragon", or lock them out of plays by comboing with "Rivalry of Warlords".  I can't think of too many cards that would directly relate to 0 DEF, but I'm sure you could take advantage of that aspect too.

Cool card!

The 0 DEF thing is just because of how Zombies were originally shown in the anime with the Joey vs. Bonz (Jonouchi vs. "Ghost" Kozuka if you want to be pedantic) Duel.

Archived