Theory Cards

AeciaTCG

I'm currently designing a deck build based on String Theory "In physics, string theory is a theoretical framework in which the point-like particles of particle physics are replaced by one-dimensional objects called strings. String theory describes how these strings propagate through space and interact with each other."

I'm taking this to a very in depth level of banishing and un-banishing cards in your deck/GY in order to determine the strength of monsters, the effectiveness of spells, and forcing interactions of cards. any help at all in development would be greatly appreciated as I'm still relatively new to card design and mechanics. 

Theoretical Being, Kha.PNG

There is potential here, but that's all... Potential. You've presented an idea for a new card type/mechanic, but you haven't really explained it or how it works. Right now, it just looks like an archetype that focuses around banishing and recycling banished cards. I am very interested, but I need to see how it works before anything else.

I will say that Space Time Library is a card that cannot exist in real life, unfortunately. It has a lot of crazy interactions that can make it really OP (Quillbolt Hedgehog for example).

23 hours ago, Mr Melon said:

There is potential here, but that's all... Potential. You've presented an idea for a new card type/mechanic, but you haven't really explained it or how it works. Right now, it just looks like an archetype that focuses around banishing and recycling banished cards. I am very interested, but I need to see how it works before anything else.

I will say that Space Time Library is a card that cannot exist in real life, unfortunately. It has a lot of crazy interactions that can make it really OP (Quillbolt Hedgehog for example).

Potential is what I was looking at. I understand where you're coming from though, there are a lot of flaws that still need ironing out but I wanted to lay the groundwork. 

As for Time Space Library, I was thinking the same, I'm reworking a lot of the cards and that was on the top of my list. I'm leaning more towards a quick play spell "You and your opponent  may add up to 5 banished cards to your respective GY. This card is Banished after this effect resolves." It could also work really well with some other archetypes as well, for example: Gizmek Orochi, the Serpentron Sky Slasher into Gizmek Makami, the Ferocious Fanged Fortress making it more viable to banish 8: SS Orochi > SS Makami > TSL to add 5 banished cards to your GY. 

4 minutes ago, AeciaTCG said:

Potential is what I was looking at. I understand where you're coming from though, there are a lot of flaws that still need ironing out but I wanted to lay the groundwork. 

Ok, cool cool.  As long as you're aware.  Can't wait to see how the final product will look!

4 minutes ago, AeciaTCG said:

As for Time Space Library, I was thinking the same, I'm reworking a lot of the cards and that was on the top of my list. I'm leaning more towards a quick play spell "You and your opponent  may add up to 5 banished cards to your respective GY. This card is Banished after this effect resolves." It could also work really well with some other archetypes as well, for example: Gizmek Orochi, the Serpentron Sky Slasher into Gizmek Makami, the Ferocious Fanged Fortress making it more viable to banish 8: SS Orochi > SS Makami > TSL to add 5 banished cards to your GY. 

Honestly, Spells that banish themselves are pretty rare and I'd love to see more of them around.  I think the only one that exists is "Pot of Benevolence", so there is some precedent.

The card itself seems good without being broken.  It's rare to have something that can act on face-down banished cards.  Personally, I'm not really into interacting with banished cards (especially face-down ones) because I like the idea of banishing being the "final grave", but there are no card design reasons why it shouldn't exist.

22 minutes ago, Mr Melon said:

The card itself seems good without being broken.  It's rare to have something that can act on face-down banished cards.  Personally, I'm not really into interacting with banished cards (especially face-down ones) because I like the idea of banishing being the "final grave", but there are no card design reasons why it shouldn't exist.

That actually gives me a pretty good idea of where to head with some of the other card designs. Simply adding in a card or 2 with effects like: "If this card has been banished it can not be the target of a spell/trap or effect that would add them to your hand, deck, or GY." or "Cards that have been banished face-down are now banished face-up"

With the entire Theme being based around banishing/un-banishing card manipulation would be important, just a matter of finding a good enough balance to cards that already exist without being too over the top.

Even with that being the main focus there would also have to be some good counters for it that would need to be created too. Checks and balances.

Its basically banish manipulation theme which has a gimmick with the dwarf planet series that they work in similiar manner to Destiny board

It had grammar errors but still can be understand

for the most part the mechanic already exist wirh some irl cards, but of course the oddball here is the space time library in which i share concern with Mr Melon. Sure yugioh has cards that manipulate banish zone to the point it kinda lose the aforemention "final GY" feel (heck it became one of the most oppresing meta in early GX era D.D Macro or D.D Monarch) but konami is doing good job redeeming themselves by making latter banish theme not as advantage happy and gearing towards as penalty rather than 3rd resource. Library change all that making the GY happy effects which there a tonne of them also banish happy and if your card can interact with banished favedown it gets even mire bonkers since Desire is truly out-match pit of greed it self

Archived