Another Crack at Earthbound Immortal Support

jackelgull

https://imgur.com/a/v2J0Yn1

So I've always thought the Earthbound Immortal boss monsters were the coolest looking cards and it was a shame they didn't have decent support. Six years ago I made my own crack at giving them some, but looking back at them, I don't really like them. So I'm giving it another shot.

Palace of the Dreaming Sun is an attempt to give an archetype entirely reliant on field spells a field spell worth a damn. It can't be targeted by card effects meaning nuking it to nuke an immortal is easier said then done, and it provides a really solid once per turn negate to any field removal that'd remove an earthbound immortal, and when it floats, it let's you search out an earthbound immortal. 

Hasty Summoning Ritual is meant to help bring out Earthbound Immortals faster. I figured it was balanced by the fact it's -2 in card advantage, and that you need field set up in the form of a field spell otherwise the earthbound immortal will destroy itself. 

Earthbound magician is another quick way to get out an Earthbound Immortal, although this might have some relevance outside the archetype because it can be special summoned for any field spell. 

Earthbound priestess exists mostly because I remembered the earthbounds were supposed to tie into that Incan archetype, and I need a searcher for the field spell. More often then not, you probably play this, special summon earthbound spirit and go into a level 7 synchro instead of the Moon or Sun Dragon

Earthbound Spirit exists to give a little more protection to your plays - prevents a solemn judgement from ruining your day, as well being convenient to summon to allow for synchro potential with priestess.

Finally there's Appeasement of a Malevolent Deity, the one I was most worried about because with some setup it's a potential +2. I figure it's fine, you need atleast 2 cards in the banished zone both of which need to be earthbound cards in order to add them to your hand. It gives a way for Earthbound Immortals to get rid of a potentially very annoying hand trap although randomly means that's not guaranteed. Still the banish effect makes it less likely your opponent can recover it. 

I welcome any comments, criticisms, etc

I'm really glad to see some support for these guys!  They really were some of the coolest monsters of their time.

First things first though, you might wanna change Earthbound Spirit's name.  It's already a card irl.

As for the cards as a whole... they are serviceable.  They really do the heavy lifting in getting the Immortals onto the field, but it kinda conflicts with a lot of the newer support they were given.  Was this meant to replace the recent batch of support?

9 hours ago, Mr Melon said:

I'm really glad to see some support for these guys!  They really were some of the coolest monsters of their time.

First things first though, you might wanna change Earthbound Spirit's name.  It's already a card irl.

As for the cards as a whole... they are serviceable.  They really do the heavy lifting in getting the Immortals onto the field, but it kinda conflicts with a lot of the newer support they were given.  Was this meant to replace the recent batch of support?

Yeah like I saw their recent support and thought it was nice but didn't exactly do enough to make getting an earthbound immortal out easier and that's really what I think is needed - some consistency. It's why I added the floating searching effect to the field spell, because I didn't just want a field spell that gave protection, but on second thought it's probably not good enough 

Archived