Energized Titan and Claw man (New Synchro monsters)

Therealnoobmaster2001

Energized Titan 

Level 8/DARK 

Fiend/Synchro/Effect 

1 DARK tuner + 1 or more non tuner monsters 

When this card is Synchro summoned you can banish 1 of this cards Synchro material's to destroy up to 2 spell/trap cards on the field. When this card declares an attack, you can banish 1 of of this cards Synchro materials to have this card gain 1000 ATK until the end phase. If this card is in the graveyard and you control no monsters, you can banish 1 DARK tuner monster in your graveyard (except the turn this card was Synchro summoned) to special summon this card  it gains 1000 ATK but is banished during the end phase. 

ATK/2800 DEF/2000 

Claw man 

Level 5/DARK 

Beast Warrior/Synchro/Effect 

1 Beast or Beast warrior Tuner + 1 or more non Tuner monsters 

Once per turn this card can not be destroyed by battle. If this card battles a monster, you can flip three coins and apply the following effects based on the result:  3 heads: Destroy the opponents monster before damage calculation and draw 1 card. 2 heads: Destroy the opponents monster. 1 head: Destroy this card and your opponent draws 1 card. 

ATK/2300 DEF/1800 

These two cards would be based on Thanos and Wolverine. Energized Titan would basically be a shirtless Thanos with a blue Super Saiyan aura and Claw man would be like a blue coloured Wolverine although with some armor on his arms and with a beard. 

@Therealnoobmaster2001Alright, allow me to start with some card grammar and PSCT polish:

Energized Titan

If this card is Synchro summoned: You can target 1 monster in your GY which was used as material to Synchro Summon this card; banish it, and if you do, you can target up to 2 Spell/Traps on the field, and if you do that, destroy them. During your Battle Step, if this card battles (Quick Effect): You can target 1 monster in your GY which was used as material to Synchro Summon this card; banish it, and if you do, this card gains 1000 ATK until the End Phase. If this card is in your GY and you control no monsters (except during the turn this card is Synchro Summoned): You can target 1 DARK Tuner monster in your GY; banish it, and if you do, Special Summon this card, also it gains 1000 ATK, but banish it during the End Phase.

Claw Man

The first time this card would be destroyed by battle each turn, it is not destroyed. When this card battles a monster: You can toss a coin thrice, then apply 1 of the following effects depending on the result.
* 1 Head: Destroy the attack target, and if you do, draw 1 card.
* 2 Heads: Destroy the attack target
* 3 Heads: Destroy this card, and if you do, your opponent draws 1 card.

About the cards: I like Energized Titan. The card is pretty well balanced, from Stats to effect. The idea of having to banish its own materials from the GY to apply it's strong effects is nice, and even though it's possible you don't have that same Dark Tuner you used to Summon it in the GY to activate the third, this monster is bound to be included in Decks with plenty of Dark Tuner access, probably in Decks which have a base in Beelze, Dark Diviner, Infinity Doom Dragon, etc.

Wolverine Claw Man ... oof, well, to be honest I'm not the greatest fan of luck-dependant effects. I like how the anti-destruction effect is flavourful for the character it's based in, but the rest doesn't fit, in my opinion. I imagine Wolverine with a piercing effect, for instance, and the ability to easily Special Summon from the GY, as we know how he can return from near death thanks to his regenerative mutant powers. The fact that it has an effect that can kill itself is a little off. Don't mind this, though, if you weigh the card development more than the actual relation to the characters mentioned, because per se, the card is workable, just a bit dangerous to use, though fortunately the probability of it nuking itself is 12.5% each time, if my math is correct. Or that is, unless you bring a rigged coin with two tails to the game xD.

I do have a question about Thanos and Wolverine respectively.

Isn't Thanos just an immortal beatstick without the Infinity Guantlet?

Also, isn't Wolverine just a semi-immortal beatstick with piercing damage?

1 hour ago, Rayfield Lumina said:

@Therealnoobmaster2001Alright, allow me to start with some card grammar and PSCT polish:

About the cards: I like Energized Titan. The card is pretty well balanced, from Stats to effect. The idea of having to banish its own materials from the GY to apply it's strong effects is nice, and even though it's possible you don't have that same Dark Tuner you used to Summon it in the GY to activate the third, this monster is bound to be included in Decks with plenty of Dark Tuner access, probably in Decks which have a base in Beelze, Dark Diviner, Infinity Doom Dragon, etc.

Wolverine Claw Man ... oof, well, to be honest I'm not the greatest fan of luck-dependant effects. I like how the anti-destruction effect is flavourful for the character it's based in, but the rest doesn't fit, in my opinion. I imagine Wolverine with a piercing effect, for instance, and the ability to easily Special Summon from the GY, as we know how he can return from near death thanks to his regenerative mutant powers. The fact that it has an effect that can kill itself is a little off. Don't mind this, though, if you weigh the card development more than the actual relation to the characters mentioned, because per se, the card is workable, just a bit dangerous to use, though fortunately the probability of it nuking itself is 12.5% each time, if my math is correct. Or that is, unless you bring a rigged coin with two tails to the game xD.

Thanks very much, when making this Claw man I was inspired by Logan's fights against people like the Hulk (so the luck effect reflects how Logan could potentially beat Hulk or someone as strong as him by cutting his head off for example or there's the chance he might get crushed. The special summoning from the GY is a thing which would make sense for Logan, but I didn't want to have two monsters that had special summoning effects in the same post. The chances of getting the negative luck effect is quite low to be fair and yeah I'm normally not a huge fan of luck based cards. The piercing damage effect is something that I can't believe I forgot actually, I could include it but that effect is pretty generic even if it would make a lot of sense in terms of Wolverine's powers and abilities. I thought the ability to not be destroyed by battle would reference Logan's healing factor and how he is nearly impossible to kill.

I say Wolverine is semi-immortal because he can still get hurt and if he gets hurt bad enough, even with his healing factor, can be put on the shelf for quite a while. Also, if he takes enough damage, it can still technically kill him. Not to mention that his healing factor is somewhat suppressed by his adamantium skeleton.

Archived