Skooosh Neko

Rayfield Lumina

Skooosh.jpg.b00d3f56a0cf90df08d54a9b5f740dee.jpg

Skooosh Neko

Continuous Spell

Special Summon this card as an Effect monster (Beast/LIGHT/Level 5/ATK 0/DEF 3000). Cannot be Tributed or used as material for a Summon. Control, Battle Position and ATK/DEF of this card cannot change, except by its own effect During the start of your opponent's Battle Phase, if this is the only monster you control: Change all monsters your opponent controls and monsters Summoned by your opponent for the rest of this turn to Attack Position, also, all monsters your opponent controls must attack, if able. If this card would leave the field by your opponent's card effect, you can discard 1 Beast monster instead OR banish 1 Beast monster from your GY instead, also, increase this card’s DEF by the Level of that discarded/banished monster x100.

*** Nobody can resist the temptation of skooshing the Neko. Who is the Neko, tho? I leave that to your discretion

Before anything else: That is one cute image. I need to take notes and learn from it to make use of that technique xP

The card sounds bonkers but it is surprisingly fragile. Not all decks can go 3k+ in ATK but if an effect tries to get to this card while it is negated, that's probably common enough. I like how it is such an easy 3k sturdy wall that is immune to control and Sphere Mode/Lava Golem/Nibiru/Stormforth/Kaijus/Soul Exchange effects.

Here's a somewhat unusual effect, the "force opponent to stand up and attack" effect. Final Attack Orders. All Out Attacks. Battle Mania.... there are effects like this which do nothing else so people only really use them when they are trying to exploit them for some loop or FTK.... which even then is not the easiest thing to pull off. So it is nice to see a card that incorporates that effects and actually uses it as a side dish so it is worth using at a normal "can build a theme around" way.

Only thing I wonder is about its performance in stall themes like burn or exodia.... Sounds like a bit one would need some testing for.

Thanks for the comment n.n

Yeah, I find it hard to decide whether this card is too strong or not... I'd say there are a ton of decks that can surpass the 3000, but you're in for a lot of trouble if you don't. Probably the one thing you can do is try to remove this neko from the field over and over until the owner runs out of cards to discard/banish, but you'd better manage to get rid of it in the end or you might end up with a super fat Neko with around 5000 DEF xD.

I'm not sure about how it'd fare in a stall deck. First thing that comes to mind is The Dark Door, which hampers this card quite a bit, I guess. Many of those decks also make use of FLIP effects, either to destroy or cause burn damage, and Neko will let them flip faster than ever, then again, that kind of critters are very weak in the ATK department, so again, get rid of Neko or die xP

• 2 weeks later...

The chosen art looks too anime-ish and not too YGO-like but should be ok anyway because YGO has released all sorts of arts for their cards, such as Magi Magi Magician Gal.
Not a big fan of the card, personally. An easy 3000+ DEF wall as long as it has companions, but if it's alone... shenanigans and pseudo-OTKs like the ones possible with cards such as All-Out Attacks and Battle Mania come to my mind. In such cases, this would effectively act as not only more copies of Battle Mania, also in the shape of a Continuous Spell.

13 minutes ago, Darj said:

The chosen art looks too anime-ish and not too YGO-like but should be ok anyway because YGO has released all sorts of arts for their cards, such as Magi Magi Magician Gal.
Not a big fan of the card, personally. An easy 3000+ DEF wall as long as it has companions, but if it's alone... shenanigans and pseudo-OTKs like the ones possible with cards such as All-Out Attacks and Battle Mania come to my mind. In such cases, this would effectively act as not only more copies of Battle Mania, also in the shape of a Continuous Spell.

I appreciate the reply, even if negative n.n. I never imagined someone would complain about the artwork, but I get your point, I suppose it is more akin to TCGs such as Weiss Schwarz or Vanguard. Truth be said, I just use any artworks I like as long as they click with the effect. Probably a concern I had was exactly what you mean, how easily it becomes a pretty strong wall that's also a Spell. I suppose an added clause to make the Summoning harder is in order. Thanks.

To be fair, I don't think it warrants any change. Card is functional and all, and pseudo-OTKs are part of the game too, as annoying as they can be. I may not like it but can't say it's bad. If cards like Battle Mania and All-Out Attacks aren't exactly problems, this shouldn't be either. It would just make the strats a bit more consistent with the extra copies. Not to mention this card has to remain alone on the Monster Zone to apply its Battle Mania effect, so there is a condition to meet there.

Archived