Deerglebell, a last Xmas Spark

Rayfield Lumina

17 hours ago, Sleepy said:

Send me the art concepts for the traps and I'll try to make some time to draw them. Though it's been roughly a year since I drew those deer images... hopefully I can still match their colors and stuff xD Can't make it promises but it might be a good source of inspiration.

About the way you wanna limit the amount of Deer monsters you can give away, just be careful because they are quick effects. You can probably chain all of them when they meet the requirement, and after all have been put in motion, you'll start resolving and giving them away. It is better to make it an independent clause like a player can only control up to 3non-owned "Deer" monsters
Which no card in the game IRL uses that wording but you get the idea xD

Ojamas kind of can also do quick locks but I'll admit not as easy and consistently as these cards, so I support the motion of limiting things if you wanna go that route.

And I didn't even have to blackmail you, hell yeah! Alrighty, that'd be awesome! I'll think of super complex stuff to entrust you with xP

Now considering the three possibilities that arose in the discussion for limiting the deer movement. Right now I feel either Tinkerer's or your suggestion is better than the formula I considered earlier.

6 hours ago, Mr Melon said:

Alternatively, you can probably mess around with the wording used for extra Normal Summons: "You can only gain this effect once per turn".  It ties the OPT condition to the effect itself rather than to the monster.

Using this wording will lock every deer's effect with the same phrasing? If I understand this correctly, even if the effect says "this card", the effect does not belong to the deer in question if I use that clause, and will prevent me from using that specific effect for any card in the multiverse that has one effect with that exact wording, right?

(Quick Effect): The owner of this card can move it to an unused Main Monster Zone from/to either side of the field. You can only gain this effect twice per turn.

OR

(Quick Effect): The owner of this card can move it to an unused Main Monster Zone from/to either side of the field. A player can only control up to 2 non-owned "Deer" monsters.

I don't know which to use and I'm not sure the number of Deers that can move OR visit the opponent's house at a time x_x. This archetype is a nightmareee xD

Archived