Dear YCMaker

Yeah, this is public. I am not going to be only voice that is actually pissed off.

YCMaker, what do you mean "doesn't add value to the site"? The only legitimate value held here is that the community has been around for so long. At this point, you're just trying to deem yourself as any cursor toward the aimless discontent you seem to parade around with. There is nothing of value on the side of the forum if you decide that the members that bring continuous activity, the ones that make the forum a community, are "spamming", when it is your position that is attacking the very nature of the forum that we have cultivated long since your absence.

Anything you are doing to break away from the community we foster on the forum, because you deem it as "spamming" or "not of value" understands nothing about the forum. If anything, then the forum is not of value, and you should just get rid of it. Or stop trying to parade whatever role you want here, because you are taking away from the only thing that holds and retains value through the forum, which is the community and the environment we have created.

I will not defend my language, but while you are attacking Joseph for his voice against your actions while not hindering the atmosphere of this forum, you are doing nothing but sparking an idea of how much you are disconnected from us as a community. There is nothing you are going to do, when it comes to affecting the atmosphere and nature of the community within this forum, that will be seen in good light until you stop trying to foster your power above it and spend the time to get to know it. Or delete this forum, since there is clearly nothing of value.

If you do not want to do that, then you have only the right to position a framework to which we can act, while adapting that frameword around our words. until you actually recognize that this forum has been a community that has its own idea of value in the voices we share with each other. And on that, there is nothing of value here in the forum outside of the community and the members that make it. If you cannot understand that, then either fuck off or do something to garner recognition under the appearance of the many continuous members that come here and bring consistent and return atmosphere to this forum.

Just going to post this here before YCMaker does because why not

Just a heads up, I'm going to be considering this kind of content spam moving forward. It contributes nothing of value to the site. I just want to be fair and let you know ahead of time. If you'd like to make a case for why it belongs here, send me a PM and we'll talk.

• Administrators

I think there is a shared sense of camaraderie centered around how poorly run this forum is, how awful its administration is, etc. Which is not what this forum is actually about, but what it has become (at least amongst some of its members, who have mostly gone and joined an offshoot forum). And by taking that away, they are left with nothing else to discuss. So I understand that pivoting the narrative will be painful, especially for those who have spent the past few years on this forum making fun of it, and actually made friends in the process. I get that it's going to hurt, and feel like I'm being a dictator, that I'm out of touch, etc. That's all fine, and you're entitled to feel that way. Just as I am entitled to run the forum as I see fit.

1 minute ago, YCMaker said:

I think there is a shared sense of camaraderie centered around how poorly run this forum is, how awful its administration is, etc. Which is not what this forum is actually about, but what it has become (at least amongst some of its members, who have mostly gone and joined an offshoot forum). And by taking that away, they are left with nothing else to discuss. So I understand that pivoting the narrative will be painful, especially for those who have this spent the past few years on this forum making fun of it, and actually made friends in the process. I get that it's going to hurt, and feel like I'm being a dictator, that I'm out of touch, etc. That's all fine, and you're entitled to feel that way. Just as I am entitled to run the forum as I see fit.

do you think there is no reason for them to believe the administration is awful?

also why take it away by...making them not be able to talk about it? Why not by uh...being a good admin?

if no one thinks you're doing good and only you're satisfied then what is the point?

7 minutes ago, YCMaker said:

I think there is a shared sense of camaraderie centered around how poorly run this forum is, how awful its administration is, etc. Which is not what this forum is actually about, but what it has become (at least amongst some of its members, who have mostly gone and joined an offshoot forum). And by taking that away, they are left with nothing else to discuss. So I understand that pivoting the narrative will be painful, especially for those who have spent the past few years on this forum making fun of it, and actually made friends in the process. I get that it's going to hurt, and feel like I'm being a dictator, that I'm out of touch, etc. That's all fine, and you're entitled to feel that way. Just as I am entitled to run the forum as I see fit.

There's a lot of things to criticize Giga and Cowcow about. Starting from the fact they were pretty much a couple of the first to run off to the offshoot, and that for the longest time they'd only pop in to needle people on YCM in a mocking fashion about how things haven't changed.

I've repeatedly said they feel like outsiders trying to dictate how this place is run

But that aside, Giga's bellicosity isn't really a reason to slap him with seven warning points (which is half way to a ban iirc) and restrict him from posting or anything. 

I think there's a fine line between disagreeing with Giga's conduct and penalizing him for some arbitrary measure. I say this as someone who has largely supported you on the things you've done thus far and defended you when people were bashing you. I am grateful that you've kept the forum alive when as you noted, it's the card maker that actually earns the money. 

I doubt I'll make any friends here splitting the baby between thinking you overreacted and thinking that Giga isn't a flawless saint, but that's where I'm at, and I'd request that you'll reconsider 

7 minutes ago, YCMaker said:

Now, you're only pointing to the amount of disconnect you have with the forum again. As I have said, it is in the community. The amount of camaraderie there is amongst the discontent of this forum is because there is no consistency in the roles that have been presented, especially because it was run without complete ordinance toward how this forum could be managed. That was within your absence, of course, but it was also through your absence that we are managed and build ourselves up around each other, not about the functionality of a terrible moderating team or lack thereof.

The major problem with how the forum is managed comes from there terrible position of how the people in power have resulted in a mismanage of the forum. Now this comment also extends to you. I hold myself to your entitlement, since this is your forum, but that is still an abuse of power, because this forum has been build up more without the leadership of a moderating party or agent. It has only held the necessity of a moderator, as of recently, if you read the thread, because of the bot-made accounts that fester in parts of the forum, so it is only on a functional level that this such idea is necessary. This forum has maintained and managed as balance toward each other, because it is the best thing that has happened to this forum is the lack of interaction from any moderating party within moderating power. The forum, the community, works better when there is no party trying to control that.

And if you want proof, just look at how much we rally which we each other or try to retain a sense of community, even when members are not on the same threshold of communication. But even then, it comes to and end and never does anything beyond the harm of moment. Even at that point, I wouldn't elect you to be in that position to manage that, as it already shows that the forum is not something that is truly put out by an image, but a collection of people coming together. So whatever image or narrative you are "pivoting" toward is outside of the actual placement of how the community molds itself.

To even reflect on the secondary forum, that is an argument that is completely outdated and moved on from. It is brought up, but never taken seriously. That entire debacle has been tossed aside.

Like I said, take responsibility not in your entitlement but recognition of our place and try to mold yourself, as an admin, toward how the members of this forum need one to act instead of trying to restructure a forum around your own image, when that image is nothing positional toward the actual community. It is your forum, but you have not been here and have not taken the right treatment of the admin role, so we are the ones that have fostered away from that and created our own. Now, I love this place, but this is also why the community has been broken, by a clear divergent role that only you have played into this forum toward the community the we care about.

• Administrators
31 minutes ago, God Emperor Cow said:

do you think there is no reason for them to believe the administration is awful?

also why take it away by...making them not be able to talk about it? Why not by uh...being a good admin?

if no one thinks you're doing good and only you're satisfied then what is the point?

Of course there is reason, but its an old and boring topic at this point. It's just the same old drama filling up the statuses, and now probably this thread (just like that ridiculous mod application thread that occurred a few weeks ago). I'm doing a lot to improve the site right now. I'm sure there's nothing I can do to convince you otherwise, and that's fine. It's also okay to feel that your relevance to a community has reached its natural conclusion. That may be happening now for you, and some other members. I'm glad that those of you who feel this way have created a community that is better suited to your needs. Please be respectful of this community and its members, even if you believe it doesn't deserve your respect.

16 minutes ago, Ryusei the Morning Star said:

I think there's a fine line between disagreeing with Giga's conduct and penalizing him for some arbitrary measure. I say this as someone who has largely supported you on the things you've done thus far and defended you when people were bashing you. I am grateful that you've kept the forum alive when as you noted, it's the card maker that actually earns the money. 

I doubt I'll make any friends here splitting the baby between thinking you overreacted and thinking that Giga isn't a flawless saint, but that's where I'm at, and I'd request that you'll reconsider 

I appreciate this viewpoint. Giga was banned after creating a duplicate account to circumvent his warning points, filing a frivolous report on my new card maker thread, and for ignoring my repeated attempts to get him to stop arguing and creating manufactured drama.

• Administrators
11 minutes ago, God Emperor Cow said:

How is it old and boring if you're actively doing it now

You're "improving" it based on purely your vision for it

Amen brother. I'll leave this thread open a bit longer, for the sake of transparency, but will lock it if/when shit hits the fan.

36 minutes ago, YCMaker said:

Of course there is reason, but its an old and boring topic at this point. It's just the same old drama filling up the statuses, and now probably this thread (just like that ridiculous mod application thread that occurred a few weeks ago). I'm doing a lot to improve the site right now. I'm sure there's nothing I can do to convince you otherwise, and that's fine. It's also okay to feel that your relevance to a community has reached its natural conclusion. That may be happening now for you, and some other members. I'm glad that those of you who feel this way have created a community that is better suited to your needs. Please be respectful of this community and its members, even if you believe it doesn't deserve your respect.

I appreciate this viewpoint. Giga was banned after creating a duplicate account to circumvent his warning points, filing a frivolous report on my new card maker thread, and for ignoring my repeated attempts to get him to stop arguing and creating manufactured drama.

I'm talking about the starting 7WP for critiques. 

The only way we were able to get a corrupt mod, Roxas, out last time was publicly putting out the stuff he was putting out

If these rules were in place at that point, the only recourse would have been to take Roxas's misdeeds to him in PM...which doesn't exactly make sense

• Administrators
8 minutes ago, Ryusei the Morning Star said:

I'm talking about the starting 7WP for critiques. 

The only way we were able to get a corrupt mod, Roxas, out last time was publicly putting out the stuff he was putting out

If these rules were in place at that point, the only recourse would have been to take Roxas's misdeeds to him in PM...which doesn't exactly make sense

That 7WP was the culmination of what I saw to be a persistent pattern of cyber bullying and trolling on this site. I get that he was popular here, but other members had been hurt by his actions and words.

3 minutes ago, YCMaker said:

That 7WP was the culmination of what I saw to be a persistent pattern of cyber bullying and trolling on this site. I get that he was popular here, but other members had been hurt by his actions and words.

You realize you're not supposed to suddenly dump a huge amount of points immediately right? The pattern is verbal warning followed by a couple points not "I didn't say anything but here 3 day suspension".

Also then you need to give that to godbrand, horu, roxas, winter, and many many others if what he did constitutes "cyber bulling and trolling"

• Administrators
2 minutes ago, God Emperor Cow said:

You realize you're not supposed to suddenly dump a huge amount of points immediately right? The pattern is verbal warning followed by a couple points not "I didn't say anything but here 3 day suspension".

Also then you need to give that to godbrand, horu, roxas, winter, and many many others if what he did constitutes "cyber bulling and trolling"

I didn't realize 3 days off YCM was so earth-shattering, to me it felt like a fair and balanced punishment. Sometimes it takes some time away to let things settle, giving you a fresh perspective.

Archived