[Custom Artwork] Elemental HERO Neos Gold

PrimeAceJohn

CyrIYqI.png

>This fan-made card is now featured on DuelingBook.com to use in their "All Custom Cards" more options catalog<

Elemental HERO Neos Gold
LIGHT | [Level 7]
[Warrior / Fusion / Effect]
“Elemental HERO Neos” + 2 “HERO” and/or “Neo-Spacian” monsters
You can Special Summon this card (from your Extra Deck) during either player's Battle Phase by shuffling the above materials from your hand, field, and/or GY into the Deck (you do not use "Polymerization"). If Summoned this way, this card cannot attack directly for the rest of this turn. If this card is not equipped: You can reveal 1 Level 7 or lower "Elemental HERO" Fusion monster, except "Elemental HERO Neos Gold", in your Extra Deck; equip it to this card. This card gains the equipped card's effect, but it does not have to activate its effect during the End Phase. If this card would be destroyed by battle or card effect, destroy the equipped card instead. You can only control 1 face-up “Elemental HERO Neos Gold”.

ATK/ 2500   DEF/ 2000

> Artwork is formed by me
> Edits are done by me

>CREDITS/ELEMENTS GATHERED:
Konami, Google Images
Series 10 Template Creds: grezar (on DeviantArt)

PSCT Help: Rayfield Lumina

What the hell? O_O Are you saying this artwork was made by you, @PrimeAceJohn? Welp, congratz, because it's pretty amazing! Leaving aside the fact that I liked the artwork, I'm also fond of cards with original self-made artworks in them, and on top of that, I liked the card in itself, so you got a big like from me.

I could use some polish in the grammar, so lemme try to help you. I'm not an expert, but here it goes:

“Elemental HERO Neos” + 2 “HERO” and/or “Neo-Spacian” monsters
You can Special Summon this card (from your Extra Deck) during either player's Battle Phase by shuffling the above materials from your hand, field, and/or GY into the Deck (you do not use "Polymerization"). If Summoned this way, this card cannot attack directly for the rest of this turn. If this card is not equipped: You can reveal 1 Level 7 or lower "Elemental HERO" Fusion monster, except "Elemental HERO Neos Gold", in your Extra Deck; equip it to this card. This card gains the equipped card's effect, but it does not have to activate its effect during the End Phase. If this card would be destroyed by battle or card effect, destroy the equipped card instead. You can only control 1 face-up “Elemental HERO Neos Gold”.

Here's the deal:

1) Changed Fusion Summon -> Special Summon. I could be wrong, but every Contact Fusion I know of is considered a Special Summon, including those in the HERO archetype that can do it, and also stuff like Ritual/Gladiator Beasts. The (poly part) is also a typical formula used in such cards.

2) If Summoned this way is the correct fancy way to determine that part of the effect xD

3) A bit of a correction in wording and the use of colons and semi-colons for the equip part. Note that I'm changing "equipped monster" -> "equipped card". Reason being, a monster is always considered a Spell while equipped, it's not a monster anymore. A card effect is a card effect, so it's ok to drop the (s), the card will simply copy the whole card's effect n.n

4) I truly wanted to find a better formula for the part that avoids the Extra Deck Shuffling during the End Phase. It works, but for me, at least, it sounds funny how it selectively negates part of its effect. Something that came to mind was to negate the card's effect during the End Phase only. but that's dangerous since it's protection effect will be negated as well, giving your opponent the opportunity to get rid of the card during said Phase. So yeah, I left it as it is, but I have a feeling it could be wording differently. But again, it works 👍

All in all, sounds like a really fun card to play with, given the myriad of possibilities it has for the equipping-copying part. And again, Kudos for the artwork n.n

P:D: Did you know there's an Art Club in the site? You probably do, given the fact that you said in a Status you're old to the site. In case you don't, it's called Le Crayon Corner, I invite you to post your creations there (ahem, in case you go, I was pretty harsh with a person there recently because their feedback was negative and insensitive, but don't think I'm always like that, feel free to post if you'd like)

1 hour ago, Rayfield Lumina said:

What the hell? O_O Are you saying this artwork was made by you, @PrimeAceJohn? Welp, congratz, because it's pretty amazing! Leaving aside the fact that I liked the artwork, I'm also fond of cards with original self-made artworks in them, and on top of that, I liked the card in itself, so you got a big like from me.

I could use some polish in the grammar, so lemme try to help you. I'm not an expert, but here it goes:

Here's the deal:

1) Changed Fusion Summon -> Special Summon. I could be wrong, but every Contact Fusion I know of is considered a Special Summon, including those in the HERO archetype that can do it, and also stuff like Ritual/Gladiator Beasts. The (poly part) is also a typical formula used in such cards.

2) If Summoned this way is the correct fancy way to determine that part of the effect xD

3) A bit of a correction in wording and the use of colons and semi-colons for the equip part. Note that I'm changing "equipped monster" -> "equipped card". Reason being, a monster is always considered a Spell while equipped, it's not a monster anymore. A card effect is a card effect, so it's ok to drop the (s), the card will simply copy the whole card's effect n.n

4) I truly wanted to find a better formula for the part that avoids the Extra Deck Shuffling during the End Phase. It works, but for me, at least, it sounds funny how it selectively negates part of its effect. Something that came to mind was to negate the card's effect during the End Phase only. but that's dangerous since it's protection effect will be negated as well, giving your opponent the opportunity to get rid of the card during said Phase. So yeah, I left it as it is, but I have a feeling it could be wording differently. But again, it works 👍

All in all, sounds like a really fun card to play with, given the myriad of possibilities it has for the equipping-copying part. And again, Kudos for the artwork n.n

P:D: Did you know there's an Art Club in the site? You probably do, given the fact that you said in a Status you're old to the site. In case you don't, it's called Le Crayon Corner, I invite you to post your creations there (ahem, in case you go, I was pretty harsh with a person there recently because their feedback was negative and insensitive, but don't think I'm always like that, feel free to post if you'd like)

Hi there. I didn't draw the artwork or anything like that, I just used elements from card images and stuff like that and photoshopped all of it together. Thank you for the great words!

You gave an insanely amazing detailed response with phenomenal suggestions. I just edited the card to fit your suggestions, so thank you so much!

I will also be checking out Le Crayon Corner.

Thank you!!!

4 hours ago, PrimeAceJohn said:

Hi there. I didn't draw the artwork or anything like that, I just used elements from card images and stuff like that and photoshopped all of it together. Thank you for the great words!

You gave an insanely amazing detailed response with phenomenal suggestions. I just edited the card to fit your suggestions, so thank you so much!

I will also be checking out Le Crayon Corner.

Thank you!!!

You're welcome 😄. I'm glad my suggestions were of help. And well, it might be that it's not your original artwork, but the composition is still nice, so good job anyway.

Yeah, feel fre to post your drawings or digital designs at Le Crayon Corner. My invitation comes in a slightly awkward moment as I told you earlier since I just told off someone, but that's not something that normally happens in the club, so you can bet your posts will be appreciated.

• 2 months later...

I have a way to fix the return to extra deck part! ... Maybe! instead of selectively negating the effect or turning the effect off during the end phase, you can change "if this card would be destroyed by battle or card effect" to if this card would leave the field by battle or card effect"?

Archived