Elemental HERO Phoenix Soldier [Written/Remastered]

Thomas★Zero

Elemental HERO Phoenix Soldier
lv 4 FIRE
Warrior/Effect
If you control a "HERO" monster, you can Special Summon this card (from your GY.) You can only Special Summon "Elemental HERO Phoenix Soldier" once per turn this way. You can banish this card from your GY; Special Summon 1 Level 8 or lower FIRE "HERO" monster from your Extra Deck, also for the rest of the turn, you cannot Special Summon monsters from your Extra Deck except "HERO" monsters. (This Special Summon is treated as a Fusion Summon.) You can only use this effect of "Elemental HERO Phoenix Soldier" once per turn.
ATK/1800 DEF/1400

So Phoenix Soldier is a HERO monster that can revive itself once a turn if you control a HERO monster and in addition to this it can banish itself to bring a FIRE HERO Fusion from your Extra Deck to the field like Nova Master or Shining Phoenix Enforcer.

• Thomas★Zero changed the title to Elemental HERO Phoenix Soldier [Written/Remastered]

I like it! Overall, I think it's a decent combo extender, allowing you to fusion summon a couple of times with it effectively. Whilst probably not the top target for cards like Vyon depending on the build, it's still a very solid card in a HERO deck due to it's recursion.

I don't really know too much about the overall HERO strategy when it comes down to it, it's never really been my thing, but I'm not sure about the restriction on the type of Extra Deck HERO monsters it can bring out. I understand limiting it, being able to cheat out a Dark Law or something similar to that power level would be insane. However, you only have 10 possible cards it could go into, and unless I'm missing something they aren't that strong (with the exception of possibly Magma Neos for the board wipe or Nova Master for the card advantage in beatdown, but that's my inexperience talking). Not sure how to change it though, so I still think it's a smart restriction to have and balances the card out nicely.

This is pretty cool!

Archived