Number C27: Ironclad Chaos Dreadnoid [Written]

CiCi174

Number C27: Ironclad Chaos Dreadnoid
R5/WATER
Machine/XYZ/Effect
3+ Level 5 Monsters
Cannot be destroyed by battle. You can negate any effect activated by your opponent, that would destroy this card by detaching 1 material from this card, then you can attach that card to this card as material. If this card has "Number 27: Dreadnaught Dreadnoid" as material, it gains this effect:
● If your opponent Special Summons a monster from the Extra Deck (Quick Effect): Immediately after this effect resolves, Special Summon a Rank 10 or higher Machine monster from your Extra Deck, and transfer up to 2 materials from this card to the Summoned monster (This is treated as an XYZ Summon), also negate that card's effect until your next End Phase if you only transferred 1 material to the Summoned monster. You can only use this effect of "Number C27: Ironclad Chaos Dreadnoid" once per turn.
2700/1600

So, as Dreadnoid is one of my favourite cards I decided to give it a Number C treatment, as kind of a prelude to what I plan to do in the future (possibly expand on and make Dreadnoid as an archetype). Mostly I used Chaos Dyson Sphere and a couple other Number C cards as reference as what I could do with this idea. I think my PSCT is good, but it might need a lil' refinement. But yeah, the general idea is to have this as either a main card in a Rank Up deck, or as a side tech choice for a deck designed to turbo out Dreadnoid to get into those zesty Rank 10 Trains quicker with a bit more protection. Let me know what you guys think!

EDIT LOG:

17/02: Fixed the PSCT and changed the effect slightly to make it function better. Cheers Messoras and Lumia for the help!

• 4 weeks later...

Hey there,

To be honest, I never had much to do with Number C cards, as everything I ever made with Rank-Up Spells was Cyber Dragon Infinity and Kali Yuga, but I remember some fun combos using Rebarian Shark and Saryuja to search Rank-Up Spells (for Utopic Zexal).

First of all here's a little PSCT fix:

3+ Level 5 Monsters
Cannot be destroyed by battle. Negate any effect activated by your opponent, that would destroy this card by detaching 2 materials from this card, then you can attach that card to this card as material. If this card has "Number 27: Dreadnaught Dreadnoid" as material, it gains this effect:
● If your opponent Special Summons a monster from the Extra Deck (Quick Effect): Immediately after this effect resolves, Special Summon a Rank 10 or higher Machine monster from your Extra Deck, and transfer 2 materials from this card to the Summoned monster (This is treated as an XYZ Summon). You can only use this effect of "Number C27: Ironclad Chaos Dreadnoid" once per turn.

Mind that the negation effect is mandatory like this. You need to add a "You can" if you want the negation to be optional.

I think you got the basic idea of Number C monsters well here, as the card basically does what Number 27 does, but better. Anyhow I don't really understand the way you aimed this to function. You would usually make this with a Rank-Up Spell using a 2 material Number 27. So that would give Number C27: Ironclad Chaos Dreadnoid 3 materials, which mean it could either negate something once and then use the SS from Extra effect, or negate something twice or just use the second effect and be useless afterwards. So if your opponent Special Summons from the ED and you chain this, your opponent would be able to chain something to destroy this card and you wouldn't be able to resolve the effect since there are no materials to transfer. Regarding that the first effect uses 2 materials and adds 1 afterwards, I ask myself why you didn't just copy Number 27's (basically Dingirsu's) effect to detach 1 card instead of being destroyed. This would still allow you to use the effect with 1 material remaining (which should be the case pretty often) and protect yourself against your opponent's ED monsters that can get rid of this with an effect on Summon or as response to your activation with a Quick Effect. Also I'd probably consider using itself as material for the monster it summons from the ED.

On 2/12/2021 at 4:16 AM, MibeR said:

The card is good, but the summon condition is too difficult, because it takes 3 lv 5.

I hope the card on the archetype supports the summoning of this monster

It is a Numer C card... I don't think it's supposed to be summoned without rankup cards...

I like the basic idea of this (since I also like Number 27 :D) and think it could make up for some interesting games, but I don't think that trains need this as they are able to pam Level 10 monsters pretty easily.

Greets,
Messoras

Edit: Corrected the negation effect to something that works

On 1/14/2021 at 11:10 AM, CiCi174 said:

So, as Dreadnoid is one of my favourite cards...

***Looks at your profile pic***

Naahhh xD

Hello, CiCi. I like your creation, but in general I agree to most of what Messoras pointed out. I concur in which this card can be given a greater flexibility, starting with adding the "You can " for the first effect and making the cost 1 material instead. Not saying anything original so far, so I'd add I imagine you want to keep your opponent's card as material so they're unable to work with it afterwards, but probably this advantage doesn't justify the greater difficulty of usage. Now, I'm not sure if this is a good idea, but I'd go as far as changing the forced 2 material transfer requirement to up to 2 , but give a negative effect to the Rank 10 if you transfer less than 2 materials. perhaps by halving its ATK or negating its effect for a short amount of time. Again, just an idea, but I suppose this could further help with the card's flexibility.

Messoras' PSCT suggestion is pretty much perfect, but if I may, there are a couple of minor details to be adjusted, namely as an Xyz Material --> as material and XYZ Summon--> Xyz Summon. Talking about PSCT, there's one part which I'm not against, but I'm really interested in: "When your opponent activates a card or effect, that includes an effect that would destroy this card:" . @Messoras I'd have probably used a grammar similar to CiCi's for that part, so, would you mind sharing a link or a card name to an official card which uses this grammar structure, please? 

@Rayfield Lumina I initially thought about a wording like "an effect is activated, that would destroy this card" and I was obviously somehow braindead, as I chose to use the Ash Blossom / Solemn Warning version instead, which would basically allow the effect to negate anything that could destroy a monster(s) on the field... I think it's hard to work out a condition this specific. On a second thought I guess it should be something along these lines:

If a card or effect is activated, that would destroy a monster(s) on the field and targets this card

With this you could still not negate things like Dark Hole or Dragoon, as they don't target and you cannot check what cards they destroy before the chain resolves, so I think a continuous effect (or just the death immunity a la Dingirsu) would be best here. I really don't see any way to negate the activation of a card in such a specific situation as Quick Effect. I think you could use something like this:

You can negate any effect activated by your opponent, that would destroy this card by detaching 2 materials from this card, then you can attach that card to this card as material.

This would not activate or start a chain, but just continuously negate any effect (not activation tho) that aims to destroy this card on resolution (kind of like The Fabled Unicore). Further this would include a fun interaction, where you could chain a Rank-Up spell to your opponent's Torrential Tribute, summoning this card in as Chain Link 2, and then use this card's continuous effect to negate that Torrential.

Just wanted to make sure, you guys understand why neither the initial PSCT nor my first attempt on this effect were anywhere near correct, since you cannot clarify which cards are going to be destroyed on activation of cards like Dark Hole or Blade Dragoon.

Greets,
Messoras

Honestly I thought this card wasn't gonna get looked at and had given up on it, but WOW thank you guys for checking it out! I appreciate the PSCT fixes, and will be applying them to the card!

Honestly, I thought that if I had that strong of a negate on wheels that only needed 1 detach to constantly recycle materials onto it, that would be too much, but I think that actually it would be quite interesting. Plus, looking back at it, tonnes of cards that aren't XYZs monsters have negates attached to them, so it shouldn't be a huge deal. So I'll be changing it to 1 detach for the effect. And having the continuous negate would be quite fun for interactions and possibly give it some serious utility to quickly get out.

Also, I'll be taking the idea of making it up to 2 monsters instead of just 2. While I think you could probably be fine with the drednoid as it's rank-up material, I think that having the utility to SS a monster but just negate it's effect until the End Phase would be good enough if it only has 1 material attached to it.

Again, thank you so much for the help guys! 

***Looks at your profile pic***

Naahhh xD

Damn, I've been outed 🤣

6 hours ago, CiCi174 said:

Honestly I thought this card wasn't gonna get looked at and had given up on it...

Happens to the best of us xD. But I like your style so far, and I definitely appreciate that when I give feedback to the person, that person actually listens, takes critique in a positive way and is willing to learn, precisely like you do👍. In other cases what I get in return for the feedback is silence or irritated replies because the person is too set in defending their cards to listen to anything, so I like that you're friendly and open minded, in which case I'll gladly keep helping when I can (and in the process I often learn as well, so it's a win-win for everyone n.n)

6 hours ago, CiCi174 said:

Also, I'll be taking the idea of making it up to 2 monsters instead of just 2. While I think you could probably be fine with the drednoid as it's rank-up material, I think that having the utility to SS a monster but just negate it's effect until the End Phase would be good enough if it only has 1 material attached to it.

Glad my suggestion was of help.

Archived