Cyberdark Devastator Dragon[Written]

Thomas★Zero

Cyberdark Devastator Dragon
Rank 0 DARK
Machine/Xyz/Effect
(This cards always treated as a Rank 10 Monster.)
Cannot be Xyz Summoned. Must be Special Summoned by sending any number of "Cyberdark" monsters you control to the GY. When this card is Special Summoned: Attach Dragon and/or Machine monsters from either players GY up to the number of "Cyberdark" monsters sent to the GY by this cards effect. Gains ATK equal to the combined ATK of all monsters attached to this card as Xyz Material. If this card would be destroyed by battle or by an opponents card effect, you can detach 1 Xyz Material from this card instead.
ATK/1000 DEF/1000

I like it allot! It fits the theme of the archetype quite nicely, and is an interesting take on the main ability (having it attach instead of equip). It is balanced by the actual number of Cyberdark monsters you can control, which is nice. My main concern with this card is that there are some really powerful Dragon and Machine monsters this thing can fish for, and having multiple attached to it at the same time could make this thing hit harder than a powered up Gren Maiju without having to go as negative to do so. With protection on top, that's pretty nasty. But, it's still weak to the common non-target non-destruction removal, so that's pretty good. Honestly I think you could even drop the battle protection from it if you wanted; with proper GY set-up, you're probably never gonna be south of at least 4000 attack when it's summoned, and probably looking at the sort of 7000 range if you have enough tribute fodder on the field.

All in all, a pretty strong boss monster for the Archetype, with decent effects and a cool interpretation of the main driving theme. I really like this card!

Archived